Whatever happened to...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pulov_Yuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pulov_Yuran
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
A FFVII remake for the PSP? I remember there being petitions and rumors...but nothing came to fruition. As a N64 owner back in the day, I never got the chance to fully experience Final Fantasy, but from the small bits that I played when my friends lent me their Playstations, I absolutely loved it. I feel like having a beautifully remodeled and portable version of the classic would make many people (including myself) very happy. Any thoughts or news on this?
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts

Just buy the PSOne version off the PSN (when the store comes back online) and put it on your PSP (it's what I've done).

Pulov_Yuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pulov_Yuran
Yea, but that's was my case. I liked how they did FF1 and FF2 remakes with new graphics. I love the old games, and cherish the memory and looks of the game, but I feel as thought looking at 3D hexagons isn't exactly satisfying anymore. For example, the difference between Halo and Halo 3 is extreme. It's not that I didn't enjoy both games, it's that Halo seems supbar and obsolete now.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

SE said forget about a FFVII remake, as it would take them around 10 years or so (I read it somewhere, I can try to find the source but it was long ago so I can't guarantee anything). However, now that they're losing money (I guess...?) and that old FF's are getting the reboots, I think SE will refuge to a FFVII remake for extra cash.

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
I think SE is hesitant to the idea because FF7 is a 3d game, so they can't just apply a graphical touch up to make it look good. A complete remastering of the graphics I think would take a lot of work; to take all their ideas and work from over a decade ago and bring it up to the level of Dissidia or Crisis Core. It could be done and no doubt fans would love it, but would the game sell?
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I think SE is hesitant to the idea because FF7 is a 3d game, so they can't just apply a graphical touch up to make it look good. A complete remastering of the graphics I think would take a lot of work; to take all their ideas and work from over a decade ago and bring it up to the level of Dissidia or Crisis Core. It could be done and no doubt fans would love it, but would the game sell?Chaay

PSP games still sell in Japan, and a remake of FF7 would no doubt get attention in the other regions, I think it would sell.

sithferia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 sithferia
Whatever happened to FF, FF15 will appear in front of your eyes- -
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#8 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
FFVII never needed a remake to begin with. It's a great game from the 1990's, and that's where it should stay. I doubt it's gameplay would translate well to the current gen.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

With Square Enix not doing the greastest right now. FF7 will not be re-made anytime soon. Your better off just downloading this game off PSN (when it is fully restored)

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts

It won't happen and what I heard it was planned for PS3 not PSP. The director who made FFVII said he'd only consider doing it if the old staff members who did the origonal game would do it and most of the rejected.

In away FFVII was a masterpiece I don't want this current Square enix bringing it down as low as they've brought them selves dwn in recent years

Pulov_Yuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pulov_Yuran

It won't happen and what I heard it was planned for PS3 not PSP. The director who made FFVII said he'd only consider doing it if the old staff members who did the origonal game would do it and most of the rejected.

In away FFVII was a masterpiece I don't want this current Square enix bringing it down as low as they've brought them selves dwn in recent years

Hanzoadam
You're right, but like I said, for those of us that didn't truly experience it but loved the game nonetheless: It would really be awesome to have them bring in a completely mastered remake. Same story, same gameplay and schematics, different graphics. However I as well agree that I'd rather the old staff members have it done.
Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hanzoadam

It just wont happen, It'd also take too long, the game itself took ages to make taking 3-4 years. I read somewhere that with enhanced graphics that takes time would take like 10 years so it'd be on PS4 maybe even a release tittle for PS5 :P

ultramega9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ultramega9
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts

Didn't all that talk about a remake stem from a ps3 tech demo.

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hanzoadam

Didn't all that talk about a remake stem from a ps3 tech demo.

ultramega9

That was just a show off to show they could do if they did it, Its also the last cut scene on Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#15 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

That was just a show off to show they could do if they did it, Its also the last cut scene on Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Hanzoadam

Well, yes and no. It's also the opening cutscene of Final Fantasy VII :P