What would you have done different with PlayStation Classic?

#1 Edited by qx0d (139 posts) -

I think most people are disappointed by the PlayStation Classic, particularly it's collection of 20 games. What games would you have included, if you made PlayStation Classic? Here are the games I would've included on the PlayStation Classic...

Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, 2 and 3, Tekken 1, 2 and 3, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, Chrono Cross, Driver, Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Dino Crises 1 and 2, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Tomb Raider 1 and 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2.

I feel that the above list, truly represents the best of the original PlayStation. I would also have included on-screen box art and manuals, retro main menu music, graphic filters, DualShock controllers, online multiplayer and online PS1 game downloads. Being online, the console could be given improvements by updates, too. Anything to make it the best it can be, while preserving its retro heritage.

What would you have done different with PlayStation Classic?

#2 Posted by Sevenizz (2213 posts) -

Should’ve been shelved or at least better thought out.

I don’t patronize sony systems so my knowledge of their hits isn’t known to me - but I doubt this is the best they could’ve done.

#3 Posted by VFighter (4037 posts) -

Its got a lot of issues, the game list is the least of them. Having half the games being the pal versions, running at 50fps instead of 60, causing those games to run like ass is a big deal breaker for me. Also not sure why they chose to use an open source emulator instead of an in house one which would have ran the games way better and they could have more graphical options. It just seems like very little effort or thought went into it.

#4 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4703 posts) -

@qx0d:

My list would've been:

Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2

Tomb Raider 2 and 3

Final Fantasy VII

Resident Evil 2 and 3

Tekken 2 and 3

Metal Gear Solid 1

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Twisted Metal 1 and 2

Mefa Man X4

Dino Crisis 1 and 2

Parasite Eve

Spyro 1 and 2

And make it online accessible so you can buy more ps1 games from the psn store directly.

#5 Posted by Jendeh (49 posts) -

I love Sony, but I never would have made this thing. PS1 games simply do not hold up as well as the NES and SNES games.

#6 Posted by CrunchyMix (20 posts) -

Give it more memory and the ability to play classics from the online store but in a convenient and nostalgic form factor. Allow access to the emulator tweaks without people having to figure out a hack.

And include RE: 2, Bushido Blade 2, Grant Turismo, Tomb Raider, Vagrant Story, etc. instead of the included games that I suspect a good majority of people would agree they could do without.

#7 Edited by pyro1245 (4262 posts) -

Put the games on PSN Retro subscription service for $3/mo.

No hardware.