What will Grid offer that GT5 didnt ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

I am waiting for Grid to come out, and im downloading the demo right now, it seems to be a good game.

but what kind of features would Grid have the GT5 Prologue didnt offer ?

I know grid will have Damage but what else is there in the game ?

Mo007j[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
You can control time.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Got GRID demo... deleted after a few turns.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Grid is tricky but it looks like fun. I keep trying to get into GT5:P, but I find that the extra videos are much more entertaining than the game itself. If I weren't set for June games, I'd pick up Grid over GT5:P probably. I'm holding out for damage physics... (which are great in grid btw) A racing game w/o damage is a shell imo.
SNESGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SNESGOD
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

I think GRID has a lot to offer actually,... it has a very good online system,.. even in the demo,.. no lag at all,.... and as far as I'm concerned,.. its far more accessible,... yes,it hasn't got the 1,000,000,000 car selctions,..... but the gameplay & physics are far more realistic & entertaining,.. when you hit a hill bump,.. you feel it,.. and the damage,.. when you hit a hill in GT5 PROLOGUE,.... you,.. erm,.. well stick to the floor,.. so much for the most advanced racing simulation game on earth,....:shock:

Don't get me wrong, I was really lookng forward to GT5 PROLOGUE,... but it just ended up being a load of hype over substance for £25.00 as far as I'm concerned,... whereas GRID came out of nowhere, as a free demo.. & and I was blown away,...

SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

physics are far more realistic SNESGOD

please tell you don't think GRiD's physics are realistic.

I have no problems with you liking the game, but saying the physics are realistic, come on.

SNESGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SNESGOD
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
[QUOTE="SNESGOD"]

physics are far more realistic SageJMP

please tell you don't think GRiD's physics are realistic.

I have no problems with you liking the game, but saying the physics are realistic, come on.

Sorry Sage,.. I meant the physics interms of damage etc,.... lol,... sorry

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts

I think GRID has a lot to offer actually,... it has a very good online system,.. even in the demo,.. no lag at all,.... and as far as I'm concerned,.. its far more accessible,... yes,it hasn't got the 1,000,000,000 car selctions,..... but the gameplay & physics are far more realistic & entertaining,.. when you hit a hill bump,.. you feel it,.. and the damage,.. when you hit a hill in GT5 PROLOGUE,.... you,.. erm,.. well stick to the floor,.. so much for the most advanced racing simulation game on earth,....:shock:

Don't get me wrong, I was really lookng forward to GT5 PROLOGUE,... but it just ended up being a load of hype over substance for £25.00 as far as I'm concerned,... whereas GRID came out of nowhere, as a free demo.. & and I was blown away,...

SNESGOD

Luckily GT isn't a crashing sim :).

genereynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 genereynolds
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
took 5 hours to download on DSL - didn't work - deleted it
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Sim vs Arcade,,,they both offer alot of difference
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
The demo is kinda real buggy. But the final should be alot better. In basic just like most said, it seems to be pure arcade. Line choices and stuff. You can throw that out the window lol. But that can be fun. All the cars feel like the weigh 2 pounds. And you can ripp out of any corner. Momentum not needed so much. Which is part of what makes race gaming fun. Arcade racers are fun when they have hints of realisim.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
it will offer really crappy controls and cheezy rewinding that allows you to continually suck at its crappy controls because you wont care about crashing and spinning out of control every five seconds
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 truenextgen

it will offer really crappy controls and cheezy rewinding that allows you to continually suck at its crappy controls because you wont care about crashing and spinning out of control every five secondsronniepage588

Yea I was playing the demo and thought. It not gonna be a online racer so much as destruction derby.

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

Got GRID demo... deleted after a few turns.GreenGoblin2099

you really should have gave it more time. After getting furious on the few turns like you i kept with it and ended up loving the game. I was never a fan of racing games except motorstorm because of its brutal offroading but this really changed my mind. GTP5 was a little to hardcore real for me but grid sits snug right in the middle. I liked it.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 truenextgen

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]Got GRID demo... deleted after a few turns.snwboardn08

you really should have gave it more time. After getting furious on the few turns like you i kept with it and ended up loving the game. I was never a fan of racing games except motorstorm because of its brutal offroading but this really changed my mind. GTP5 was a little to hardcore real for me but grid sits snug right in the middle. I liked it.

Yea its all a balance act. And thats why parody is needed in gaming. For some this game will work. And thus they will be good at it.

And besides the few replay bugs "many." And some washout. Its not bad.

What I wanted to see was another TOCA. And it not really that. I think codemasters felt they needed to follow the NFSU engine more. Which TOCA had this great physics engine. More so real, but with a tad bit of arcade. And I have no clue why they dumped that physics engine? Either way this one is not bad. And you can tell its the DIRT one 100%. But just with a new look.

Latin0_pride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Latin0_pride
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
i got the demo i should be named dk of da demo i got 4,327,644 i hadnt played gt5 its not grabbing my attention but grid looks tight i gonna pick up my 3rd racing game for ps3 (carbon and f1)
Latin0_pride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Latin0_pride
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
it will offer really crappy controls and cheezy rewinding that allows you to continually suck at its crappy controls because you wont care about crashing and spinning out of control every five secondsronniepage588
u need to learn how to drive then this is not ps2 when cars wont spin out....try tapping the gas on turns and not turn 2 much
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

lol yeh the controls in this game are a joke ....the only thing this game offers is good graphics.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 truenextgen

i got the demo i should be named dk of da demo i got 4,327,644 i hadnt played gt5 its not grabbing my attention but grid looks tight i gonna pick up my 3rd racing game for ps3 (carbon and f1)Latin0_pride

I hope we see a F1 sequal soon. Vary overlooked racer.

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts

SNESGOD

ditto.

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

I am waiting for Grid to come out, and im downloading the demo right now, it seems to be a good game.

moej88

Absolutely no physics what so ever.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

moej88
poor driving and crappy gameplay...so gt5 is way better
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

moej88

Better Graphics and alot more fun.

Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Xcaliber26
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts
Grid offers a better sense of speed, damage modeling, and arcade mixed with some simulation to create one of the best racing formula's. Just dont be expecting to enjoy this game instantly because it will not leave a perfect first impression. But give it some time the game does grow on you and you will see how it is one of the better racing games to come out in a long time.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
You should be comparing Burnout to GriD. GT5P is an actual simulator. GRiD and Burnout are like arcade games