What took Capcom so LONG?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

I checked out the demo for RE5 on my friends 360, and it plays just like RE4. Only difference I notice is with the graphics and story (obviously). When you shoot the enemy they react the same exact way as they did in RE4. Also theres absolutely nothing scary about this game at all, it takes place outdoors (which I don't mind) but the game is so bright, horror games are supposed to be dark and gloomy. I wanna know what took capcom so long to release this game, RE 5 was one of the first AAA title announce for the ps3 and 360 before either system could come out. And now that we have a chance to play it, its just like the previous.

PSN ID: solid_snake3656

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redskins2156
no what?
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts
Well I personally thought the demo was good. I only played the first stage so who knows if the other levels will be as bright but personally I though it looked darn good and cannot wait to get the PS3 version.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
What no?
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
This is like judging a book by the back synopsis.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
nozeeerrr
Maybe you should learn how to make a better answer,if you disagree with his post learn to say it.And from what I have heard Resident evil 5 is like Resident evil 4=The scary thanks to the co-op and the lack of the overall creepy feeling.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
This is like judging a book by the back synopsis.SamuRai_JeDi
Then... Isnt that why the back synopsis (demo in this case) is for? or when you buy a book you dont read the synopsis and just buy it? he played the demo and gave his opinion.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Meh at RE5. If I buy it...it's dirty cheap.
AtomVamp308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AtomVamp308
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

I've seen my brother play it and to me it just looks like they replaced Leon with a muscled Chris and the Ganados with black people. I completely forgot about how you can't move when you shoot which I found to be lame.

I hope the rest of the game takes place in darker places cause the level in the demo was during the day outside. I don't think I'll be getting this game as soon as it comes out, I like to wait for the games to get cheaper before I buy them.

paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
I totally agree with the TC. Capcom got lazy, threw a fresh coat of paint on the RE4 engine, and what we're left with is a complete rehash of RE4 with a new story, different characters, not-scary/tense gameplay (basing this on the demo), and pretty graphics. All the animations are identical to RE4, hell...even the sound effects were recycled. Other developers can get away with this sort of thing, but we hardcore RE fans expect more. When RE4 released it was amazing and innovative for it's new over the shoulder view, quick time events, etc. What is so innovative about RE5? Nothing so far....let's hope I'm wrong when the full game releases in a few months.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
I miss the Resident Evil Zombie days...
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

I checked out the demo for RE5 on my friends 360, and it plays just like RE4. Only difference I notice is with the graphics and story (obviously). When you shoot the enemy they react the same exact way as they did in RE4. Also theres absolutely nothing scary about this game at all, it takes place outdoors (which I don't mind) but the game is so bright, horror games are supposed to be dark and gloomy. I wanna know what took capcom so long to release this game, RE 5 was one of the first AAA title announce for the ps3 and 360 before either system could come out. And now that we have a chance to play it, its just like the previous.

redskins2156
i agree with u 100%..this game is not even remotely scary..i was really let down by this one *sniff*
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
I miss the Resident Evil Zombie days...Sk8ter_213
SAME HERE!!....bring the zombies back capcom!
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NukeGoBoom
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
Capcom is the most polished developer out there.Programming (hopefully) good AI,good cutsecenes with cheesy dialog and a lot of (OH MA GAWD RASHIST) black zombies.
tidus55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 tidus55
Member since 2004 • 2827 Posts
the game i believe is based in africa...so of course its going to be bright....and dont judge the whole game by a demo, theres still a month so they can change some things, and they stuck to the RE4 design cause its a winner...they are only playing it safe...and just cause the first level isn't scary doesnt mean the rest of the game wont be...
Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
Everyone has their own point of view. Capcom's Resident Evil 5 follows where the story left off, Chris is currently a BSAA Founding member, the BSAA organization assigned him to the African branch for the obvious reasons (hunt B.O.W.S). Although it is very weird how it is stated that he is "assigned" even though his a 'founding' member of the BSAA. Regardless, to people that dont pay attention and persistantly ask repetitve yet blunt obvious questions as they are listed on resident evil wiki's etc. Basically, we're playing from Chris's point of view in Resident Evil 5 which is a sequel to Resident Evil: Degeneration or in other words, just a sequel and tells the story from Chris's point to answer some of the people's questions. We're not playing with zombies like Raccoon city because, well lets say 'terrorists' in Africa got hold of the "Las Plagus" virus which you know the effect, same goes for RE4 which was where the virus first originated. People in raccoon city got infect by the so-called t-virus which, kinda pointless to use to the new terrorists I believe. Capcom isn't well known for their scary game's I believe, take the old resident evil releases, just the theme and settings are scary. Dead Space is a different story though, too damn scary. Bottomline, they're not focusing on making this extremely scary, for example, during scenes where Chris is looking for an object in first person view, a zombie will pop outta a cabinet. Not all missions are outdoor daylight.
Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
the game i believe is based in africa...so of course its going to be bright....and dont judge the whole game by a demo, theres still a month so they can change some things, and they stuck to the RE4 design cause its a winner...they are only playing it safe...and just cause the first level isn't scary doesnt mean the rest of the game wont be...tidus55
You are right about the first bit but I don't agree, well completely don't agree with the line "they stuck to RE4 design cause its a winner" again, my post above. They are not playing it safe, they got their butts sued for black racism I think, thats why they had to put quite a few white zombies to blend in with the black ones.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="redskins2156"]

I agree 100%, Its RE4 with better graphics and co-op, it shouldn't have taken them this long to make the game.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]I miss the Resident Evil Zombie days...LP4EVA2005

i third this, not some parasite ****

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
He gave examples of dislikes by a demo. Maybe about 10 minutes of the game. I don't see how such a rash decision can be made about the storyline or types of levels in the game by a demo. Also, whoever doesn't read a whole book just by the back synopsis has missed out on a lot.
[QUOTE="SamuRai_JeDi"]This is like judging a book by the back synopsis.RJLateralus
Then... Isnt that why the back synopsis (demo in this case) is for? or when you buy a book you dont read the synopsis and just buy it? he played the demo and gave his opinion.

AtomVamp308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AtomVamp308
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

[QUOTE="tidus55"]the game i believe is based in africa...so of course its going to be bright....and dont judge the whole game by a demo, theres still a month so they can change some things, and they stuck to the RE4 design cause its a winner...they are only playing it safe...and just cause the first level isn't scary doesnt mean the rest of the game wont be...Fyrmest
You are right about the first bit but I don't agree, well completely don't agree with the line "they stuck to RE4 design cause its a winner" again, my post above. They are not playing it safe, they got their butts sued for black racism I think, thats why they had to put quite a few white zombies to blend in with the black ones.

So Capcom got sued for racism??? That sounds ridiculous. The Game is in Africa, so it will feature the land's inhabitants, which happen to be?

Africans. I honestly don't see in any way possible how RE5 is promoting racism.

The same was with RE4, with Spanish peoples.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
i played it, i thought resident evil 4 was ok but resident evil 5 is great. the graphics are good the gameplay is good way more zombies (virus infected) much more action packed. and co-op online makes great teamwork i'm were not to bothered for it at first but now i'm buying.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]I miss the Resident Evil Zombie days...LP4EVA2005

I agree.I want my Zombies back.No more of this crazy virus crap.If I wanted to battle crazy folk I would have taken my shotgun to the nearest nut house.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redskins2156
I shall fourth this.

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"][QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]I miss the Resident Evil Zombie days...ps3_owns_360Wii

i third this, not some parasite ****

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
I honestly don't mind if RE5 is RE4 with better graphics. I haven'y played RE4 in HELLA long and I'll be glad to have my memory refreshed about why RE4 was such a great game when I get my hands on RE5.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 redskins2156
Well my question was. With barely any new innovations to the game, what took them so long to release this game?
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
Well my question was. With barely any new innovations to the game, what took them so long to release this game?redskins2156
It's just a demo. Maybe there will be new stuff in the later levels of the actual game.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Well my question was. With barely any new innovations to the game, what took them so long to release this game?redskins2156

Well hopefully its due to attention to detail. I'm not sure some of you understand just how tedious good programming can be. I'm assuming they wanted to release a solid game with smooth gameplay on and offline. Lets take a look at Haze for example, clearly needed to be delayed. Gears 2, many people talking about it being the worst online exp. they've ever had due to crazy lag - I wouldn't know because I despise my refurbished 360. The game is not going to be liked by everyone but maybe you should wait til you get to spend some time with the demo because it pushed me over the fence to a purchase.