Josepsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Josepsh
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

What to do with a broken PS3 I broke my fat ps3 I got my ff 13 x 2 save game data in it and gta 5 ps3 cd in it ?. .

Norri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2 Norri
Member since 2020 • 79 Posts

you can take it apart and extract the game. there are tutorials on youtube about it, its not that hard. As for the game saved data, if you have ps plus it should be uploaded to the cloud (if you enabled it at the time).

I currently have a ps3 slim connected to the TV and the ps3 fat that broke i put it back in its box. I thought about selling it but they weren't going to give me much for it.

You can also take it to the technical service to see if they can repair it or at least extract the game if you are not convinced to disarm it yourself.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@Josepsh said:

What to do with a broken PS3 I broke my fat ps3 I got my ff 13 x 2 save game data in it and gta 5 ps3 cd in it ?. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh7CfD1jp8w

maithkano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By maithkano
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

My PS3 has been out of commission for about 2 years now. the disc drive stopped working. It can function in every other way besides playing discs of any kind. It still plays games downloaded from the PSN and music and videos loaded before the disc drive broke. Sony is offering me a 120gb replacement for $100 and a repair (it's an original fat 60gb) for about $20 more. Is this a common problem with the 60gb models? Should I pay to replace or fix or should I attempt a fix myself? I really would like to keep the backwards compatibility as I sold my PS2 years ago, but 60gb isn't enough space and to be honest I'm not the most mechanically inclined and might eff up putting in a larger hard drive. https://vshare.onl/

Just needing advice I guess. Are the 60gb collectable? Is it an easy problem to fix? Sony wants me to send it to them, but I'm wondering if it's something easy enough for me to handle myself.