What should I introduce to an Xbox fan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clair1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Clair1993
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

My friend was always an Xbox fan, now he has a PS4. How do I introduce him to a new community and new games he could never have played on the Xbox?

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Rocket League and Until Dawn come to mind.

Myron117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Myron117
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts

The last of us, Infamous Second Son/first light

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You don't.

You instruct him that multiplats and first party are on the PS4 and the One does only first party.

That's it.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

My introducing game on my new PS4 was The Last Of Us, I think you should do the same.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

You can't turn an Xbox guy into a PlayStation guy and vise-versa from my experience, they offer a completely different medium of games and if he likes what Xbox generally offers more, this isn't going to change.

Good luck.

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

Tell him 2016 ... I am still waiting for something really good to come out on PS4 from sony

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@clair1993: Depends on how open minded he is towards different types of games. Personally I'd see what he likes on the Xbox and try to find similar titles. i.e. If he liked playing Dark Souls on his 360, he needs to play Bloodborne. I myself prefer the Xbox by a slim margin, but also found games like The Order: 1886 and Infamous: Second Son to be incredibly fun games. I'd also toss out The Nathan Drake Collection and The Last of Us Remastered as a couple of really awesome PS3 games with upgraded graphics on PS4. TLoU possibly being one of the best games ever.

Also, I'd recommend getting him some of those thumbstick grips from FPSFreeks or something similar, going from an Xbox controller to the Dual Shock 4 the only thing I didn't like was how slick the sticks were.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Try and show him:

-Bloodborne, InFamous: Second Son( First Light), Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Nathan Drake's Collection, The Order 1886, Until Dawn, Drive club.

After that, shove him upcoming titles: No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Detroit, Ratchet and Clank, Persona 5, Street Fighter V, The Last Guardian, Hellblade, Wild, Ni-Oh.

That should be a good list which isn't complete either.