What PSP to get and at what price?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts

I am looking to buy a PSP and I have a few questions.

• Does gamestop have fair prices on their used PSP systems?
  • I am perfectly fine with getting a used one, but should I trust the previous owner? I guess what I am asking is how durable are they?
  • Which one is the "best" for the money? Your opinion and why please.
  • I'm interested in the Peace Walker combo thing since I planned on getting that game anyway, is it worth it?

Any other helpful info is much appreciated. Thanks.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
I would say get a real cheap one off Kijiji. The NGP is coming out so you don't wanna be dropping a lot of money on something you won't be using much since its potential lifespan is near its end. PSP 1000 - $50 max PSP 2000 - $70 max PSP 3000 - $90 max PSP Go - $150 max Gamestop has refurbished PSP 3000's for $80 or $90, which is a good deal considering they clean them up and all and make sure they work fine, but if you get one off Kijiji, you can meet the seller and test it out yourself. But there's still that chance of a hidden risk so best bet would be to run up to Gamestop and get a 3000.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Oh, and if you plan on getting the NGP, make sure to download all your games because the NGP doesn't support UMD's but it is backwards compatible with all PSP games on the PS Store. You might not wanna drop a lot on a Memory Stick either, considering the NGP may be using a different propriety memory, like SD cards. If you wanna keep it simple, get a 2GB which will store any one PSP game (the max size a PSP game can be is 1.8GB) and then store your other downloaded games on your PC with MediaGo, so whenever you wanna play another game, just switch them out on your computer. MediaGo is like the iTunes for Sony products.
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
This is what I just found: Used - $110 http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/psp-system-3000/74078 New: $130 http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/psp-3000-core-pack/73083 So if you are looking for used but have to buy from GameStop, just pay twenty bucks for new. I've personally bought a used PS2 and used Xbox 360 from GameStop before and had a bad experience with it (both were wrapped in that super-thin plastic wrap, and both smelled like cigarette smoke), but it might be different for you. Even on Amazon, the cheapest used 3000 I could find was almost $90, and that's before the ten bucks needed for shipping. So unless you can find a really good deal on that site Riariases mentioned, or on Ebay or something, I would just buy new and you won't be disappointed.
njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

There's a thread dedicated for this.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I wouldn't suggest getting a used psp, i've returned a few that have been in not so good condition, the first one i got just locked up and wouldn't even turn off, so I returned it the next day, then I had a few that would have the pixels on the screen just go out for some reason, causing the picture to have some blanks spots, which is unacceptable, so I returned those. The one I have now is pretty good, though idk which psp model it is. But I'd suggest getting it new.

iEatmudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iEatmudkipz
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts

psp