what is wrong with my hdmi?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonesy1304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 jonesy1304
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
i have my ps3 hooked up through hdmi and i can see everything fine but i cant hear certain things. ill change the sound settings so i can but then the words and sound are off. what is wrong i need help
jonesy1304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jonesy1304
bump PLEASE HELP
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1003 Posts
I dont know what is this problem but all I can tell is just try to resetthe ps3,turn off the system and when the light is red,put ur finger on the power button then it will beep once ,keep hold ur finger till u listen the 2nd beep,then get ur finger away,and see what will happen,hope that will help.
jonesy1304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jonesy1304
yeah that didnt work. could it be my cables?
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts
yeah that didnt work. could it be my cables?jonesy1304
I don't think it is the cable? if it were to be the cables you shouldn't be able to get the video also. Check your audio output settings on the PS3. and set it to HDMI if you are not using another cable for sound
cristoefur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 cristoefur
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
Do this while the ps3 is turned on, try reconnecting both ends of the HDMI cable and see of that "fixes" the problem
regix416_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 regix416_basic
Member since 2002 • 580 Posts

Um, this is just a shot in the dark but what kind of setup do you have? Do you have your sound hooked up to your TV or do you have an HDMI-capable receiver? If you have your sound hooked up to a receiver but it doesn't decode HDMI signals (I have the same scenario), then you'll hear 5.1 but you won't hear the entire 7.1 or DTS HD in certain games until you get one. Is that what you mean? If you have it hooked into your TV, chances are you'll only hear 2.0 or surround sound.Because if all you are doing is listening to is HDMI through your TV you won't hear much except for whatever the TV can produce which is only stereo or a fake surround sound.

Does this info help?

Here's another possibility I just thought of... is your TV's sound muted (your TV main speakers)? As in turned off? If that's the case, turn it back on. See if that helps. Or if its not, and you have it hooked up to a receiver try turning it off and see what happens. If you have no sound, then you have to turn it back on.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
Either your TV audio settings or your cables is most likely your problem.