What is the fastest way to transfer video files to my PS3's HDD??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

the new firmware 2.00 update has me thinking about not getting an iPod touch, but to get a PSP so that i can watch video files on the go. thing is... i don't have my video files on my PS3, but rather on my external HDD that i use with my laptop.

so i was wondering what was the easiest way to transfer files from my PC (or even my external HDD, since my files are on that, but are just accessed by my laptop) to my PS3... since i not only want to upload all my video files that i currently have, but to upload video files that i will get in the future.

thanks for any help.

i3cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 i3cubed
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
just connect the external hd to the ps3 with a usb cable and ps3 should recognixe it...just hit triangle and selest display all....all the files should be there...only thing video format may not be compatanle with ps3 so u would need to do a file conversion for them to work...hope that helps
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
just remeber, you can only use MP4 or MPG files on a PS3. google PS3 Video9 and install if you don't already know how to convert them, that s the tool i use and its fairly efficient.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
does the PS3 support .mp3? my PS3 does not seem to recognize anything in my music folder...
N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts
Yes the ps3 supports mp3, your problem is that the PS3 will not read EVERYTHING but only the first things it sees. Just move over the mp3-player in the XMB and before you select it , press triangle and select: show all, now select the mp3 player and ull see theres something to display.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

gigabit lan connection. And also getting someone else to do it. Haha.

usb 2.0 external hd.

rm_fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 rm_fc
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

you should put your mp3s under a file named "PS3" and in that folder you should make a music folder, then put yous songs in there 8)

for videos, i stream from my pc to my ps3. i use tversity for streaming cause it let me stream any kinda file.

here is a useful link if ur interested :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3media&message.id=48202

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

you should put your mp3s under a file named "PS3" and in that folder you should make a music folder, then put yous songs in there 8)

for videos, i stream from my pc to my ps3. i use tversity for streaming cause it let me stream any kinda file.

here is a useful link if ur interested :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3media&message.id=48202

rm_fc
same tversity is great