vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Picked it up for 8 bucks during the flash sale. Only played the first 3 chapters mind you.

Graphics are good. Voice acting so far is good.

Is the gameplay really considered to be that bad? Seems like a serviceable third person shooter. I like what they have done with cover. ( it is interesting at the least) No longer can you view the entire battlefield. The camera comes in with you and you can press the analog stick up to peak over.

As I said I only played the first 3 chapters so the story may not deliver. But so far I would put this in the "good game" category. :)

I just made this thread cause I have heard it get a poor reception. Just wondering why. :)

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@vespuche: The story is the only good thing, everything else is shallow.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

From 60 bucks to 8 bucks in less than a year says a lot, it´s a pretty cutscene after another where you are allowed to intervene occasionally for like 5 min in between cutscenes.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

Except for graphics - anything !

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

The game looked fine. The bits of gameplay were pretty good. And I wasn't too bothered by its length. It's just that it was so... boring, for the most part. I just wasn't drawn into the narrative until maybe the last fourth of the game, to which of course it ended before I was enjoying it that much. I can hardly remember any of the characters at this point. I either found them to be dull or unlikable.

I can enjoy a 5-6 hour game with minimal gameplay, but it has to have a captivating story with a good cast of characters. This game, on a technical level, was well put together. I just found myself pushing myself to play it for most of it. A sequel hardly excites me at this point. But I suppose I'd give it a rent as I did with this game. I sure as hell never had any intention of buying it.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's not bad, I also enjoyed Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls since I do like cinematic games. However, I don't pay more then 20$ for those titles.

In The Order 1886 case I liked the story, visuals and animations are excellent. The game was on a shorter side but for what it offered it was pretty good. Hopefully we see the sequel.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

It is soooo linear. I like the game tho.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10483 Posts

it was the pacing for me. so very very slow and linear. a bit of action interrupted by a cut scene / qte. over and over again. rinse and repeat.

even when it breaks out of the cut scenes giving the player control again there were far too many sequences when all you could do was walk alongside an npc listening to their dialogue for long stretches at a time. you couldn't run to speed it up. couldn't skip it. i hate those. i'd prefer them just to be cut scenes but my feeling was if they were cut scenes (and therefore non-player controllable sequences) then that would reduce player controlled game time even further (there's barely much as it is) and for a game so light on it anyway if they removed any more it would barely qualify as a game.

in short it promised so much but gave with one hand then took away with the other. it was choc full of mechanics and cliches that i hate in gaming. hand holding. super linearity. limited mechanics. predictable, non-creative gameplay, amazing graphics (oj - that was all it had going for it).

i un-installed after a few hours but in the interest of second chances i'm going to re-install, try and find a load of opiates to take to stop all those little things from annoying the shit out of me and see if it's any more tolerable

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17835 Posts

My review sums it up pretty good.

http://www.gamespot.com/the-order-1886/user-reviews/2200-12637556/

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@vespuche said:

Picked it up for 8 bucks during the flash sale. Only played the first 3 chapters mind you.

Graphics are good. Voice acting so far is good.

Is the gameplay really considered to be that bad? Seems like a serviceable third person shooter. I like what they have done with cover. ( it is interesting at the least) No longer can you view the entire battlefield. The camera comes in with you and you can press the analog stick up to peak over.

As I said I only played the first 3 chapters so the story may not deliver. But so far I would put this in the "good game" category. :)

I just made this thread cause I have heard it get a poor reception. Just wondering why. :)

It wasn't revolutionary but as you have said it was a serviceable shooter! I think some of the overall criticism was justified but some of it was overkill. I enjoyed it but I wish I would have waited for a price drop and for you to get it for 8bks, that's definitely a good deal. I actually picked up Alien Isolation for 11bks during that flash sale.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Short campaign

Game had potential

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

it's price tag upon release, that's all.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Well TBH I never played it, but I just felt it would have been a waste of time.....

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

Its a good game, it just wasnt what people were expecting, might not be worth $60 but definatly worth the $8 you paid. I really enjoyed this game.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Finally got around to finishing the Order.

I wont post spoilers but I got to say the story delivered. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@rosinmonkekyx17: my thoughts exactly!!! It had a good story but it was too short.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I really liked the game, I don't think it was worth $60, but anything less than $30 I felt was good.

Barnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Barnz
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

Peoples attention span. Lot of gamers have to "click click click" right away or they lose it. A game like this, loaded w/ awesome cut scenes, for some, like myself is much welcome in gaming, for others, it's a complete turn off. I think of this game more like a movie that you can have some control over. This game/movie is very good. Great graphics, good controls, good voice acting, good gameplay, good everything. This is a game that will make a "most underrated game" list somewhere. It is a bit short though. Could have been 2-3 chapters longer. But who doesn't want more of a good thing?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's blurry as hell, gameplay is very basic and nothing new, too much cinematic walking and the graphics aren't even that good. Got it cheap, wanted to be wowed by the graphics AT LEAST (even if everything else sucked) didn't blow me away, not worth my time.