What is it that you would want to see in the new Premium service?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Alright now that everyone knows a new service will probably be coming for PSN next year which is again an OPITIONAL service which means the FREE service we have now will still be FREE!.. what is it that you want to see in this new service? what kind of things will make you pay for it?

ok to star first i would love them adding stuff like:

- Being able to change our PSN ID names ( 1 time each 5 months or so)

- Listen to our own music in any game

- The ability to show which PS1/PS2 game your playing to friends

- A global PSN store where you can check the Japanese store/EU store without having to create new accounts

- Being able to buy Japanese games or games from the EU store and not having to worry about not owning a PSN card of that country

What do you think they should add to PSN?

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I have a Japanese account so I can change my PSN ID. :P

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I am not buying Premium service, but beaing able to listen to your music in game would be cool.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 kairikh
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

wow yay for this i got a niceee long list :P ok here goez:

• Cross Game Chat/ Ability to Party up with as many people as you want even in different games xDD
  • Being able to access the XMB during PS1/PS2 games (this should be included for free in the next firmaware never mind paying for it...)
  • Agreed we need Universal PSN cards that work in any region!
  • Early Access to Demo's and Free beta codes for new stuff :D
  • Maybe 10% off of every PSN game we purchase as long as we have a year membership for PSN Premium :)
  • In Game Music or Online radio streaming during gameplay =]
  • Web browser functionality during gameplay (so i can get meh walkthroughs without quitting meh games xD)
  • Maybe some sort of Reward for when you get a higher trophy level or something like a free PSN game or free credit for the store
  • Changing ID's would be cool but not sure if its possible because what if your ID's already taken, doesn't make much sense...
  • Exclusive member stuff from Sony, maybe like a mailing list thing that sends you reedeemable stuff for sony products/games and can be reactivated every year when you resubscribe.
  • Free TV streaming from anywhere (sorta like maybe something such as Veoh TV on PS3) letting u watch anything on your console :) (supposedly they implemented this in EU with some kind of BBC TV, but you need an EU IP Address to gain access :(

K im fresh outta ideas but that got me thinking for awhile :D ill definitely wanna see what they decide to do with this whole "premium members" thing!

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Play ps2 games, or take off the "can do everything" logo. I mean why say your console can do everything when it cant even play its last gen games. MS figured a way to emulate xbox games...
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Feature that makes sammiches.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I'm not paying to play online... that's why I got a PS3! As for using your personal music in games... this has been taken care of by Sony several updates ago. Now the problem is with the developers putting that feature in the games. I wouldn't pay to do this anyway... and I think MS might have some sort of legal rights to this feature.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

I would prefer to continue to get new PSN features and not pay for anything for them. Chances are I'll just do without new features if they want me to pay for them. That's just how it goes.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

wow yay for this i got a niceee long list :P ok here goez:

• Cross Game Chat/ Ability to Party up with as many people as you want even in different games xDD
  • Being able to access the XMB during PS1/PS2 games (this should be included for free in the next firmaware never mind paying for it...)
  • Agreed we need Universal PSN cards that work in any region!
  • Early Access to Demo's and Free beta codes for new stuff :D
  • Maybe 10% off of every PSN game we purchase as long as we have a year membership for PSN Premium :)
  • In Game Music or Online radio streaming during gameplay =]
  • Web browser functionality during gameplay (so i can get meh walkthroughs without quitting meh games xD)
  • Maybe some sort of Reward for when you get a higher trophy level or something like a free PSN game or free credit for the store
  • Changing ID's would be cool but not sure if its possible because what if your ID's already taken, doesn't make much sense...
  • Exclusive member stuff from Sony, maybe like a mailing list thing that sends you reedeemable stuff for sony products/games and can be reactivated every year when you resubscribe.
  • Free TV streaming from anywhere (sorta like maybe something such as Veoh TV on PS3) letting u watch anything on your console :) (supposedly they implemented this in EU with some kind of BBC TV, but you need an EU IP Address to gain access :(

K im fresh outta ideas but that got me thinking for awhile :D ill definitely wanna see what they decide to do with this whole "premium members" thing!

kairikh

You got a lot of amazing idea's and pretty sure it will make a lot of people go with this new service, cant wait to see what their going to add

Kandros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kandros
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts

Access to betas and possibly free games once in a while, everything else mentioned before should go with a firmware update

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Feature that makes sammiches. Flame_Blade88

We have a winner. High Five to you!

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
Cross-game chat New Avatars (Just allow us to get them like premium themes!!!!!) In-game web browser Being able to send photos in-game (should be in a firmware)
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

1. we can be able to upload our own avatar pictures

2. in game music (none of that "its up to the dev's" BS!)..if imma pay i want it in every game!!

3. cross game chat, party chat and all that other chat crap..

4. be able to stream and watch any movie from the PSN video store

if sony can manage all this i think alot of ppl would cough up the $$$ for premieum.