What I hate about GTA4 !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts

First of all I love the game. But there are things that annoy me.

1) IDIOTS IN CARS: Look if you can't avoid running into my bullets then take your lumps. Learn from it. Don't mess up the game for everyone else by making us avoid your lame ace while trying to play our game.

2) COPS IN MULTIPLAYER: How is it a good idea to get 16 people together to shoot at one another while being shot at by the cops? Do you know how annoying it is to be killed because you're locked on a cop while someone else fill you full of holes? It's not fun. Quit it.

3) FREE MODE: Why would I want to run around killing people and not get paid for it? It's useless. Yes you get to practice. Still annoying.

4) RESPAWNING FAR AWAY: How is it a good idea to be spawned half a map away from the action?

5) RESPAWNING NEAR IN 1 SECOND INTERVALS: Who doesn't love to be farmed by the guy you just kill because he has a five second invincible respawn window.?

There's my list. Tell me what makes you angry about the game.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
6) TURNING FREE MODE INTO DEATHMATCH: It's called "Free Mode." If I wanted deathmatch, I'd play deathmatch. If you're going to kill someone, kill one of the other idiots. Leave me alone, and we'll be fine.
Rich1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rich1631
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts

6) TURNING FREE MODE INTO DEATHMATCH: It's called "Free Mode." If I wanted deathmatch, I'd play deathmatch. If you're going to kill someone, kill one of the other idiots. Leave me alone, and we'll be fine.Scianix-Black

True that man!

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Did you honestly think that a multi-player GTA was going to turn into anything else? I'd seen this coming since all the multiplayer mods released for GTA's on Windows. The few that allowed co-oping through the story mode for example were all in alpha stages, and rarely ever worked on. Yet all the "be a sanctimonious jackass and plow through other people" mods all got a lot more people onboard with the motivation to want to teabag someone in liberty or vice or wherever.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
I hated the multiplayer, period.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I love it. I know what to do in all the situations that you'll get in the game so it's real fun to play.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

1) IDIOTS IN CARS: Look if you can't avoid running into my bullets then take your lumps. Learn from it. Don't mess up the game for everyone else by making us avoid your lame ace while trying to play our game.

2) COPS IN MULTIPLAYER: How is it a good idea to get 16 people together to shoot at one another while being shot at by the cops? Do you know how annoying it is to be killed because you're locked on a cop while someone else fill you full of holes? It's not fun. Quit it.

3) FREE MODE: Why would I want to run around killing people and not get paid for it? It's useless. Yes you get to practice. Still annoying.

4) RESPAWNING FAR AWAY: How is it a good idea to be spawned half a map away from the action?

5) RESPAWNING NEAR IN 1 SECOND INTERVALS: Who doesn't love to be farmed by the guy you just kill because he has a five second invincible respawn window.?

The_profeshenal

1) Erm... What?

2) Cops are great on free mode. Without cops, free mode isn't very good.

3) By the end of the game, when you're playing one player the hospital fees cost around $100,000, so being able to play without worrying about money is great

4) I agree that this is quite annoying. Even though there are cars. But I'll give you that one.

5) People do that to keep the game flowing, to avoid what happens in (4

RodJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RodJR
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
not being able to play 4 more than 10 minute without my ps3 freezing
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

not being able to play 4 more than 10 minute without my ps3 freezingRodJR

Is it in an unventilated area?

t3rr18l3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 t3rr18l3one
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]6) TURNING FREE MODE INTO DEATHMATCH: It's called "Free Mode." If I wanted deathmatch, I'd play deathmatch. If you're going to kill someone, kill one of the other idiots. Leave me alone, and we'll be fine.Rich1631

True that man!

true that true that....

i hate notbeing able to connect to games because i can't get my router off nat 3....

ThaDirtySouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ThaDirtySouth
Member since 2003 • 559 Posts
I hate people shooting me when I'm in a car and I'm trying to run them over. Just stand still gosh!
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I dont know why everyone hates GTA4 so much! seriously gta san andres was the worst one by far. When i finally pay my ps3 of at EB im buying GTA cause i think its heaps of fun.
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_profeshenal
[QUOTE="The_profeshenal"]

ash10692

You can put on Near Spawn with a 5 or 10 second delay so that people can move on.

LookOutSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LookOutSnake
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

The_profeshenal

1. I don't even know how to respond to this...

2. Yeah, cops suck in multiplayer...however, your reason for not liking them is lame. In fact, auto-aim is just lame, period. Learn how to free aim like a MAN!

3. I'm not a fan myself, but I understand that it's there for people that actually want to do it. Why are you complaining about something that is completely optional?

4. Don't die so often and that won't happen.

5. See comment #4.

That sure was a lot of whining. Just pick and choose the online sessions that you want to play more wisely. I don't play in Freemode games and I usually avoid games in which auto-aim is enabled and I remain a happy camper.

What REALLY, REALLY annoys the piss out of me is people complaining about the dating. It's completely optional...just ignore the calls or break up with the chicks, sheesh. Even if you want 100%, you only have to actually date Kate before the end of the story, and then you can handle the rest of them when you beat it.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts
Can't find a match because people leave when they start to get owned.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
[QUOTE="The_profeshenal"]

ash10692

1) Erm... What?

2) Cops are great on free mode. Without cops, free mode isn't very good.

3) By the end of the game, when you're playing one player the hospital fees cost around $100,000, so being able to play without worrying about money is great

4) I agree that this is quite annoying. Even though there are cars. But I'll give you that one.

i agree with this guy!
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts
i simply jus play with people i know... to avoid annoying jackasses.. lol i jus get a couple of guys and party mode...
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
GTA4 multiplayer is mediocre!!
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I dont know why everyone hates GTA4 so much! seriously gta san andres was the worst one by far. When i finally pay my ps3 of at EB im buying GTA cause i think its heaps of fun.joel_c17
i agree.
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

[QUOTE="joel_c17"]I dont know why everyone hates GTA4 so much! seriously gta san andres was the worst one by far. When i finally pay my ps3 of at EB im buying GTA cause i think its heaps of fun.shadowkiller11
i agree.

we dont hate gta, we're talking about the online here... it can get really bad... the online experience is not tht good

maurju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maurju
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts
I definatley agree with OP, frustrating for sure, but what other game can you dive out of the way of someone trying to run you down and then pop them in the back of the head while they try to drive away, pure fun
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_profeshenal

Cars are definately coffins in the online game. I only get in them if I have to travel great distances. It just annoys me to no end when you're hunting a group of people and you get smacked by a car.

It's a rant / venting post. This way no controllers have to die.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

[QUOTE="joel_c17"]I dont know why everyone hates GTA4 so much! seriously gta san andres was the worst one by far. When i finally pay my ps3 of at EB im buying GTA cause i think its heaps of fun.shadowkiller11
i agree.

you're both wrong. San Andreas is the best, 2 is the worst, 4 also blows.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"][QUOTE="joel_c17"]I dont know why everyone hates GTA4 so much! seriously gta san andres was the worst one by far. When i finally pay my ps3 of at EB im buying GTA cause i think its heaps of fun.somesthetic

i agree.

you're both wrong. San Andreas is the best, 2 is the worst, 4 also blows.

your wrong i'm right lol, but hey its all are opnions and my opnion is san adreas bored me.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

all of GTAès campaigns are boring. There is nothing fun or exciting in it. You drive for 5 min to meet someone, they tell you to drive somewhere and kill a guy. You drive for 10 min, while trying not to lose control of your car, because braking and driving in a straight line seems to make you skid. You get there, and use auto aim to shoot the guy. Mission done. fun fun fun

the robbing of a bank was pretty fun but thats it. Even huge GTA fans dont play the campaign twice. It sucks too much. Being able to do a lot is fun but it looks like Saints Row 2 has more options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYi6QtTtDWI

The campaign apparently for Saints Row 2 is more exciting. And it looks far more exciting.

You can teabag in Saints Row 2. nuff said

The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_profeshenal
Where I'm from tea bagging costs an extra $20 and it's a lil kinky. Plus you have to be batting for the other team.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

Where I'm from tea bagging costs an extra $20 and it's a lil kinky. Plus you have to be batting for the other team.The_profeshenal

where are you from?

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#28 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

[QUOTE="The_profeshenal"]Where I'm from tea bagging costs an extra $20 and it's a lil kinky. Plus you have to be batting for the other team.foossilo

where are you from?

I'm guessing San Fransisco, or the nearest state penitentiary. :o
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

The funny thing about this whole thread is the extent people go to whine and cry about:

*turn off auto aim and play like "a man"*

*people running over people with cars* (My god, this is GTA. People don't drive cars in this game!:roll: )

*Cops and Free Mode*

People whine about something that's APART OF THE GAME that other people use because they're losing. The solution? Man up, shut up, grow some and just play the freakn' game. If you don't like it, GOTO ANOTHER SERVER or make your own. All I see are a bunch of spinless babies that do nothing but whine and cry all day. If these players aren't actually glitching or hacking, get a tissue and a clue. It's just the same as people using P90s on COD4 or Banshees in Halo (for example) is such a crime to the video game world cause YOU suck. People cry "I want a handicap" all the time.

LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts
connecting then being disconnected wtf:evil:
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
i like the engine but i hate the game
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
I hated the multiplayer, period.somesthetic

dont really hate it..personally just not a fan.
nyyrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 nyyrobinson
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

Valid points.

I can't stand when my bluetooth headset, which works great when its connected gets disconnected from the game and I have to restart the game up, keep in mind GTAIV takes like 4 days to start up, lol.

What about the 12 year old kids screaming into the mic or someone who has a crap load of background noise, thank god for Mute though.

When you have a teammate who suddeny decides not to play anymore and just stands there, orrrrr, better yet, gets in a car and starts running you over. Awesome!

Other then that, you touched on one of my biggest peeves of the game, spawn time and spawn distance. Medium and five seconds is ideal to me. Waiting 30 seconds to get spawned while just laying there lifeless isn't cool or getting spawned one second later right next to someone sucks as well.

All of the things that annoy you can be fun at times too, depending on how serious you are being, a five minute game of messing around or a 25-45 minute real deal game.

All in all, the multi player thing is what it is. It is fun, but you know, just like anything in life, its not going to be exactly how you want it to be and there is always going to be someone out there, trying to ruin your day/fun.

srf_71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 srf_71
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I hate not being able to bowl, throw darts, visit strip club, etc in free mode. Can't a guy hangout with his buddies and bowl acouple games while someone watches the door for intruders?

To me, Free Mode would be so much better if those games were playable.

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

6) TURNING FREE MODE INTO DEATHMATCH: It's called "Free Mode." If I wanted deathmatch, I'd play deathmatch. If you're going to kill someone, kill one of the other idiots. Leave me alone, and we'll be fine.Scianix-Black

omg so true! Im innocently doing jumps and i start to get shot at! If you really feel the need to kill other players, play team/death match, then you can get "money" and rank up. Free mode is for messing around.

onthalookout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 onthalookout
Member since 2005 • 1123 Posts
You'll be selling or trading GTAIV in soon anyway so I wouldn't sweat it. Trust me.
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_profeshenal
I forgot to mention how I hate it when the game locks up with ten seconds to go after you go on a massive killing spree therefore not allowing you to get the cash. Good times.
Raffo-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Raffo-08
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
i love gta online i think its one of the best things about gta i seem to find alot of good games but i do get the odd game that sux but i still love online