What happened to the Video-Playback featrure? Plz help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warewolf_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 warewolf_n
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts
I remember that my ps3 months ago had this nice little feature that when i played my videos on my ps3 hdd and i presed the home button (the circle ps button in the middle of the controller) it took me to the cross media bar with my pics music and games n stuff without pausing the video. Now i noticed that wenever i play a video and wanna check out who of my friends is online or some on th XMB it pauses the video. What the hell happened to that freature it was so convinient plz tell me did they removie it with a patch or somethin?
warewolf_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 warewolf_n
anyone?
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
Try playing with the settings? I went around the xmb today too while playing a video and it paused the video as well and its a new ps3 with all the setting at default.
warewolf_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 warewolf_n
so which setting should i change? thank god atleast they didnt remove it cause sometimes i tend while watchin a movie want to check my trophies or pics (without opening them cause it forces you to stop the movie )
woofie13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 woofie13
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts

I know I was sad about that too... they actually got rid of that feature quite a few updates ago.
I remember asking on here about it and everyone was like: "why would you want it to keep playing? are you dumb?"
and I was like "I like my features"

as far as I know there's no way to change it back. I miss it :'(

Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
I complained about it too when they removed it. I was met with remarks "Why wouldn't you want pause your video", "Its dumb NOT to pause it" I used to use it for that exact reason of checking my messages and stuff without having to bother my wife (much) while she was watching a movie. Again, people said I was complaining for no reason. If they had it working perfectly before, why TF take it out???
warewolf_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warewolf_n
WTF did people really say that"Why would you want it to ke playing?" . Man this suxs why did they remove it , it was such a nice feature and atleast it gave you the option, if you want to pause it the pause it and press the home button but now you dont even have the option, it just forces you to stop watching wat your watching and go about doing what you need. Cmon its the new millenium people can handle two things at the same time, i love multitasking , any other way is just plain boring Damn that sux :(
Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts

Here's the post I made back then:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26635809