What do you think of the PS3 games in terms of graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thornelemental2
thornelemental2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thornelemental2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

What do you think of the PS3 games in terms of graphics? Do you think that game developers have been holding back on the PS3's capabilities? and what do you think game designers should do to the PS3 games that wouldtake games another step closer tooptimizing the PS3's full potential? and what game do you think will make the PS3 rise aboveits competitors?

-All opinions are welcome

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
Yes the developers really have been holding out but its not their fault except for some developers... not gonna mention. Anyways mostly its because they don't know how to fully utilize the ps3 capabilities. SO yeah in 2008 prepare for great looking games.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
great overall expect some ports and some games. PS3 is far, far from reaching full capability
nextgenCurious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nextgenCurious
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

I think it depends on the game and the display setup you have.

I played Fight Night on my friends SDTV and it was very unimpressive to me even though my friend

raved about its graphics. But when I switch it on my 720p Sony LCD the graphics become totally different.

I also have Godfather Don's Edition. The graphics are good, but somehow I don't believe it's a true next-gen game.

I believe if they make PS3 games from the ground up rather than having it as a ported verison the graphics should be leaps above what's currently available. But the most important question to me right now is if the dev will work with Sony on the nessecary levels to make this happen. Sony claims it will be done, but many dev has repeatedly knocked on the PS3 format. And you better believe MS is trying everything to make us convinced that will not happen in time.

Avatar image for thornelemental2
thornelemental2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thornelemental2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Yes the developers really have been holding out but its not their fault except for some developers... not gonna mention. Anyways mostly its because they don't know how to fully utilize the ps3 capabilities. SO yeah in 2008 prepare for great looking games.fistoflight

yes, i agree with you fistoflight, but i guess that there is one major thing which makes the PS3 tag behing the 360 for all this time, and its that developers just dont have the time to fully utilize the PS3, or its just that its easier for them to make the games for the 360 so they just skip the whole graphics part of it instead.

i am also looking foward to the games in '08, but itsalso a bummer that GTAIV got delayed. also, i cant seem to find that game you mentioned.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

It's hit or miss. Some games look fantastic on the PS3, (R:FOM, VF5, Oblivion, The Darkness), and some don't, (R6:Vegas in 1080i, CoD3, Gundam, SC: DA).

And the devs aren't using anywhere close to the full power of the system, we shouldn't expect to see anyone taking full advantage of the hardware for at least 3-4 years, (the PS2 didn't pump out the ridiculously gorgeous graphics until the end of it's cycle), and the cell processor & architecture of the PS3 gives developers fits right now.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

[QUOTE="fistoflight"]Yes the developers really have been holding out but its not their fault except for some developers... not gonna mention. Anyways mostly its because they don't know how to fully utilize the ps3 capabilities. SO yeah in 2008 prepare for great looking games.thornelemental2

yes, i agree with you fistoflight, but i guess that there is one major thing which makes the PS3 tag behing the 360 for all this time, and its that developers just dont have the time to fully utilize the PS3, or its just that its easier for them to make the games for the 360 so they just skip the whole graphics part of it instead.

i am also looking foward to the games in '08, but itsalso a bummer that GTAIV got delayed. also, i cant seem to find that game you mentioned.

Heh i meant I ain't gonna mention which developers aren't even trying to utilize the ps3 potentials.

GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
The PS3 has yet to get grahpics going. I think of it as xbox from last generation, all the ports and multiplatform games would run regular or worse but the games made exclusivley had amazing graphics
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
The PS3 has yet to get grahpics going. I think of it as xbox from last generation, all the ports and multiplatform games would run regular or worse but the games made exclusivley had amazing graphicsGIJesse77
|

And in the graphics run it's theorized to be alot like the PS2 in terms of at the start the graphics will be bad (remember dev's also hated the PS2 for game developing at the start... but microsft wasn't in the running at the start) but by the end of the generation (FXII) will look pretty spectacular.
unimpendium115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 unimpendium115
Member since 2006 • 1542 Posts
The PS3 is pissing me off because if its not a port (and not a good one) then were stuck wearing big brothers hand-me downs and although we can wear them they just dont fit,its all we have right now. We seem to be stuck in the 360 shadow at the moment where games are concerned,DIRT...pushed back,GTA the same,in fact everything other than crappy movie to games are on time,every game i wait for seems to keep getting pushed further and further back making my purchase of the ps3 seem hasty to say the least. IM a great fan of the ps3 but im seriously thinking about another 360 just to play games like forza2,COJ,flatout2....list goes on,just have some game fun. to say im disappointed with the games on ps3 is not an admission to being a 360 fanboy but a pissed off ps3 owner with nothing to do but catch the scraps and make do. I seem to be playing more with ps2 games at the moment and fingers crossed,by November i wont have cause to moan. Do you guys think it silly to go out and buy another console when i already have one? im thinking of putting it in a box under my bed for a few months and buying the other to keep me busy. Oh i got to say RFOM was worth it,now thats the definitive ps3 game.
Avatar image for GamersNightmare
GamersNightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamersNightmare
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
Well for a system not even out a year yet, I think it is doing very good for graphics saying it's a totally next gen and they need time to workon it more to make the games better. You've never see anybody make the perfect game because that would be the end of that company as they have nowhere to go but down then so at least with the PS3 they have a valid excuse with needing the time to develope better games on this system unlike all of the other systems out there.
unimpendium115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unimpendium115
Member since 2006 • 1542 Posts
Well for a system not even out a year yet, I think it is doing very good for graphics saying it's a totally next gen and they need time to workon it more to make the games better. You've never see anybody make the perfect game because that would be the end of that company as they have nowhere to go but down then so at least with the PS3 they have a valid excuse with needing the time to develope better games on this system unlike all of the other systems out there.GamersNightmare
Dont try telling granny how to suck eggs,i have been into computers all my life and seen many many machines get their act together faster than this,to put out shoddy ports from other systems just does not sit well with me,so stop defendin something you think i know nothing about. Oh and your argument would be your first and only line of defense but if you can add to this...please do.
jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

They are only using 30% of PS3 power for Uncharted: Drake's fortune.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i think that the games developers have been in tottal awe of the x360 graphical capabilities that its made them forget what system they're developing for.....lol and the fact that so far the 360 has only ever used 1 of its 3 cpu's has made them aware that they need to do something and quick......