What do you think of DLC's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AsianNoobGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AsianNoobGuy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to know what you think of DLC's are they really worth buying, is it good, crap, tell me what you think about them
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Good DLC is awesome, bad DLC sucks.. All varies from game to game.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Back in the day, DLC were free, offered a lot of good quality hours of great content and were a appreciation from the developers to gamers that purchased their game at the full retail price to extend their game further.

I enjoyed those days.

Today's DLC? Abomination is just about the only word that I can think of. The rest of it will probably be a very long personal blog of hate towards it. ;)

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts
90+# of dlc is money gouging n i wont touch it with a ten foot stick not saying its all bad personally only like the dlc that adds a new campaign to the game lots of the time those are actually good
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

98% are just overpriced useless crap, like cotumes for 1$, new characters (just the same code with a new skin) for 2$, race tracks or golf course for 3$ or "new chapters" for 5$ (but lasting only 2 or 3 hours ... from recent memory, Kingdoms of Amalur had decent DLC (maybe 10+ hours each with new gameplay)

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

Back in the day, DLC were free, offered a lot of good quality hours of great content and were a appreciation from the developers to gamers that purchased their game at the full retail price to extend their game further.

I enjoyed those days.

Today's DLC? Abomination is just about the only word that I can think of. The rest of it will probably be a very long personal blog of hate towards it. ;)

Sokol4ever
Can you list real examples, because I remember "back in the day" we had these things called "expansion packs" and they still cost money, and DLC and expansion packs both spring from the same vein of thought. Back then though, since they also relied still on retail releases, the expansion packs had to be relatively very large, but would cost more due to development of such a large expansion, and cost of distribution. Also, back then there were crappy expansion packs, just like there is crappy DLC today.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I always watch some Youtube videos and read up on what's included in the DLC before I buy it.  The vast majority of them are a complete waste of money in my opinion. 

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

Whatever your opinion on them I think there here to stay for a long long time. Its just part of gaming life now.

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
I don't really purchase DLC. Too often, it seems overpriced when compared to the main game purchase. $10 for a short and tedious side quest? No thanks. $10 for an interesting expansion with new enemies, skills, and locales? Sign me up. That said, I wish more companies would do like Bethesda and re-release their games with the big DLC packs included. In fact, I don't really understand why Bioware didn't do that with the Mass Effect trilogy re-release.
locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts
blame EA for the mass effect trilogy not having all the DLC included how i love the way companies find ways to screw the customer over