What do you think about multiplayer trophies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Anonymous06
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

Well, i'm really tired of multiplayer trophies, since i don't like multiplayer games. I was thinking to get killzone 2 and fear 2 platinums... i've already completed all single player trophies on these games. And i really can't enjoy a multiplayer game, so i gave up.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

All trophies should be in Single-player, not mulitplayer. :)

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I think I hate them. :P But that might have something to do with my inability to play online. I still think I would hate them though. :P
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I don't agree with multiplayer trophies that could potentially become impossible should the community lean out.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

MP trophies like the R2 "score 10,000 kills in competitive online" are lame. i would've platinumed that game, but thanks to that ridiculous trophy, no plat :cry:

as bland and pathetic (imo) as R2's comp was, there was absolutely no way i was gonna play long enough to get it, simply because it just wasn't that fun.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
All trophies in my opinion are terrible, but multiplayer trophies are the worst. They make people have terrible habits such as boosting online when you are trying to play a good game.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Trophies aren't terrible, people that play games they have no interest in just to get trophies and gloat are terrible.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doolz2024
All trophies in my opinion are terrible, but multiplayer trophies are the worst. They make people have terrible habits such as boosting online when you are trying to play a good game. K1LLR3175
yep Kz2's honor rank trophies were bad as well, since many people just cheated there way to the requirements for them. i didn't though. i earned my top 1% rank legitimately :)
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i think they are more skilled based than single player. i think the mp trophies reward you for being good...and trophies like completing a level on any difficulty is cheap. if you want to platinum in those games...then earn it....

T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Some of them are pretty hard to get. You actually have to play the game for awhile, like in the Killzone 2 top 1% one.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doolz2024

Some of them are pretty hard to get. You actually have to play the game for awhile, like in the Killzone 2 top 1% one.

T-Machine99
kz2 top 1% wasn't hard. Just play for at least 4 hours per day for a week (that's exactly what i did) and you should get it no problem. when I got the 1% rank, i was ranked around 400th in the world for the week with about 12,000 points playing 4 hours or more per day ;)
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I hate multiplayer trophies, especially ones that require you to play for an extensive amount of time, like Resistance 2. I was tired of the competitive mode after I had about 5,000 kills. Since I was already halfway, I figured I'd finish it off. Another reason I don't like them is because not every one likes to play online. Also, for a small percentage of people who don't have internet on their PS3, it makes those trophies impossible for them to get.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="T-Machine99"]

Doolz2024

kz2 top 1% wasn't hard. Just play for at least 4 hours per day for a week (that's exactly what i did) and you should get it no problem. when I got the 1% rank, i was ranked around 400th in the world for the week with about 12,000 points playing 4 hours or more per day ;)

4 hours is kind of a lot though. For me it wouldn't since I'm home all the time, but weeks when I have to work a lot along with school, I may only have an hour or 2 to play the whole day. The Top 1% requires you to play that game obsessively for at least a week.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

I hate multiplayer trophies. Some are extremly rediculous I just consider them major c*** blocks to getting platniums. I wanted to plat Killzone 2. But I don't like playing multiplayer every day. I take a 2 week break from Killzone and went from being number 1/2 in every game I played to being Number 5/6. They shouldn't have to count towards your platnium, it's unfair for the people who suck or just can't be as good as the godly players :/ The only game I have a platnium in because it has no trophies that absolutely require you to play the online is RE5.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I don't mind about online Trophies but it sucks when you can't get your Platinum because nobody plays the damn game online (like in the recently patched PURE). I also hate those of the 'get 10000 kills' or 'get 1 gazillion xp points' sort.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I don't mind them really. They're kinda fun to get as long as it's not too much of a pain in the neck. A good example of good multiplayer trophies are the ones included in the KZ2 DLC (although I do wish they were harder to get). Hopefully there's some more new ones with the next batch of DLC

Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Anonymous06

I hate multiplayer trophies. Some are extremly rediculous I just consider them major c*** blocks to getting platniums. I wanted to plat Killzone 2. But I don't like playing multiplayer every day. I take a 2 week break from Killzone and went from being number 1/2 in every game I played to being Number 5/6. They shouldn't have to count towards your platnium, it's unfair for the people who suck or just can't be as good as the godly players :/ The only game I have a platnium in because it has no trophies that absolutely require you to play the online is RE5.

Lucid1314

That's my case... i only interest for single player trophies. I have 3 platinums, all of them doesn't require playing multiplayer or don't have: Dead Space, Bioshock and Resident Evil 5.

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
yeah.. i have 3 platinumes for 3 single player games ( dead space, uncharted, fallout 3) i enjoyed getting the throphies for these games, but i have like 7 games with online/trophies and didnt get their platinuim because they simply ask u for imposibble i things imo like R2 10000 kills, killzone 2 , gta iv " wanted " trophy and many others.. simply because i dont have enough time for getting them
fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

for me i love the single player trophy's. It's nice to get a small reward that everyone can see from maybe putting in some extra effort into a game.

I have to agree tho' that some trophy's are just unviable to get and some are just plain stupid or impossible. as to the topic of mp trophys. some are cool but most imo can be hard to get esp if you don't have a large friends list with mates who own the sanme game.

I* wish the dev's would implement them into ALL old games that have been released though!!!

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jw_burrell
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts

i think they are more skilled based than single player. i think the mp trophies reward you for being good...and trophies like completing a level on any difficulty is cheap. if you want to platinum in those games...then earn it....

jsmoke03
i agree with this. i think the point of these trophies is to make it that the only people with platinum trophies are the people who are actually good at the game. getting a platinum for burnout paradise has nothing whatsoever to do with skill, whereas the 10,000 kills trophy on resistance 2 requires you to be skilled (or at least become skilled through the process). platinums shouldn't be easy. having only the best players get them is a way to keep them from being easy to get.
Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anonymous06

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

jw_burrell

i agree with this. i think the point of these trophies is to make it that the only people with platinum trophies are the people who are actually good at the game. getting a platinum for burnout paradise has nothing whatsoever to do with skill, whereas the 10,000 kills trophy on resistance 2 requires you to be skilled (or at least become skilled through the process). platinums shouldn't be easy. having only the best players get them is a way to keep them from being easy to get.

I disagree with almost everything. Of course platinums shouldn't be easy, but for someone like me that hates going online... i can be skilled on a game without playing multiplayer LOL.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jw_burrell

[QUOTE="jw_burrell"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

Anonymous06

I disagree with almost everything. Of course platinums shouldn't be easy, but for someone like me that hates going online... i can be skilled on a game without playing multiplayer LOL.

of course you can. but what AI is intelligent enough to test JUST how good you are? there isn't one. playing against other players, on the other hand, is the ultimate test.
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts

UnknownElement4
this.
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
I think Burnout Paradise multiplayer (online) trophies are extremely fun to do!
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jw_burrell
I think Burnout Paradise multiplayer (online) trophies are extremely fun to do!Jayvan_JJ
i agree. just not very difficult.
Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Anonymous06

[QUOTE="Anonymous06"]

[QUOTE="jw_burrell"] i agree with this. i think the point of these trophies is to make it that the only people with platinum trophies are the people who are actually good at the game. getting a platinum for burnout paradise has nothing whatsoever to do with skill, whereas the 10,000 kills trophy on resistance 2 requires you to be skilled (or at least become skilled through the process). platinums shouldn't be easy. having only the best players get them is a way to keep them from being easy to get. jw_burrell

of course you can. but what AI is intelligent enough to test JUST how good you are? there isn't one. playing against other players, on the other hand, is the ultimate test.

That's the point, i don't want to test my skills. I play for pure enjoyment. But i always want to complete 100% the trophies for a game with single player trophies only.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

In GTA 4 there's an online trophy where you gotta beat a level in a certain amount of time. Unless the people your playing with are determined to get it to your out of luck.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jw_burrell

[QUOTE="jw_burrell"][QUOTE="Anonymous06"]

Anonymous06

That's the point, i don't want to test my skills. I play for pure enjoyment. But i always want to complete 100% the trophies for a game with single player trophies only.

then i suppose the real debate is whether trophies should reward the player's skill at the game or how much the player has completed. or both.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

i hate online trophies.. some like 10,00 kills are okay because you get that by playing the game.. but some games like win X amount of times, where when the opposing team quits doesn't count as a win gets annoying as hell..

then in games like c&c ra 3, to get a trophy you have to rely on the opposing team to build 7 different tanks.. (doesn't happen)

it just seems dumb in order to get trophies you are depending on the other people to play a certain way..

i don't mind online trophies that rely on your skill and yours alone but to rely on others that is just annoying..

i would rather have no online trophies if i had a choice..

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jw_burrell

i hate online trophies.. some like 10,00 kills are okay because you get that by playing the game.. but some games like win X amount of times, where when the opposing team quits doesn't count as a win gets annoying as hell..

then in games like c&c ra 3, to get a trophy you have to rely on the opposing team to build 7 different tanks.. (doesn't happen)

it just seems dumb in order to get trophies you are depending on the other people to play a certain way..

i don't mind online trophies that rely on your skill and yours alone but to rely on others that is just annoying..

NaughtyRag
i agree that trophies that require your teammates or opponents to do certain things are no good. if the circumstances aren't just right the trophies become impossible.
Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Anonymous06

NaughtyRag

Precisely... but in my case i simply don't enjoy contact with other players. I like of challenging trophies but not online.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

UnknownElement4

Ecxactly. I get annoyed with games such as Killzone 2 where they offer a gold trophy for reaching rank general, and if you don't like multiplayer on that game (like me) then your a bit stuffed when aiming for the platinum.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jw_burrell

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Anonymous06

Precisely... but in my case i simply don't enjoy contact with other players. I like of challenging trophies but not online.

as much as i DO like online gaming and trophies, i will admit that some games just don't need online trophies. GTAIV for example. great game, but the online really wasn't necessary. at the same time though, i don't see how any FPS could NOT have online trophies.
Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Anonymous06

[QUOTE="UnknownElement4"]

M0wen10

Ecxactly. I get annoyed with games such as Killzone 2 where they offer a gold trophy for reaching rank general, and if you don't like multiplayer on that game (like me) then your a bit stuffed when aiming for the platinum.

Reaching General isn't that annoying. I'm almost there, and i don't play it everyday. But there is some annoying online trophies. Like repair 5 machines in "X" stage. The valor cross trophy, Resurrect 5 team mates in one round in "Y" stage. I really don't like it.

Anonymous06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Anonymous06

[QUOTE="Anonymous06"]

[QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

jw_burrell

as much as i DO like online gaming and trophies, i will admit that some games just don't need online trophies. GTAIV for example. great game, but the online really wasn't necessary. at the same time though, i don't see how any FPS could NOT have online trophies.

Yes, Bioshock and Uncharted are other two games that don't need online modes, it may ruin the trophies, not the game. Well, i understand... it seems like an obligation for all FPS games have online mode. But i really wouldn't miss it.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jw_burrell

[QUOTE="jw_burrell"][QUOTE="Anonymous06"]

Anonymous06

Yes, Bioshock and Uncharted are other two games that don't need online modes, it may ruin the trophies, not the game. Well, i understand... it seems like an obligation for all FPS games have online mode. But i really wouldn't miss it.

i agree about bioshock and uncharted. the announcement about multi-player for bioshock 2 didn't jive with me. it just doesn't fit with the story IMO.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NaughtyRag

i like trophies.. but when you have games that getting them legitimately is seriously impossible that is just asking for cheating.. and i will cheat to get them.. why, because it's stupid that one trophy that i have no say in whether i will get it.. is the only thing stopping me from getting my platinum that i deserve..

i will get trophies legitimately in like a fps where the trophy is 150 head shots..

but in my example of the c&c ra 3 i got one of my buddies to help me, it's so dumb..

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

I don't agree with multiplayer trophies that could potentially become impossible should the community lean out.emitsu97

agreed, the ut3 trophies for 100 warfare matches is going to be extremely boring because of lack of players. Btw I plan on playing it a lot this summer so if you are to then add me.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaughtyRag

high velocity bowling trophies have been the best online trophies i have seen..

fun, actually just playing the game to get them, and don't rely on other people..

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Like most people have said, it's crap if the online community is dull.

That is why i'm going to struggle getting the GTAIV and MotorStorm: PR platinum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

UnknownElement4

I couldn't agree more, as I mainly only play (or have time for) single player gaming. I wouldn't have any problems if they were simply spend X amount of time in multiplayer or a certain mode, or kill X number of people in multiplayer, etc. But when game start expecting you to have a certain ranking or something, that really screws people like me over. I don't have enough time to play all the games I buy as it is, let alone time to master the online portion of the game enough to get a couple trophies.

slusho18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 slusho18
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

yea me neather when it comes up to multiplayer tropies

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Call of Duty didn't have them because they cause kill farming and can ruin the game. Me, I think some trophies are ok online, but only if online was a main priority and if they can keep them from being too hard (thanks Far Cry 2 and Gears of War, respectively). Also, you have to have the content to back them up. Give a gold for reaching the General in Modern Warfare 2, or a bronze for getting a 10 kill streak or something. They keep online interesting for trophy lovers, while allowing platinum to be attainable. Killzone 2 is a good example, it has the content to back up the trophies since people play it all the time, while they are just hard enough to be attainable, but not too easy or impossible. Getting an honor ranking takes quite a bit of lost life though.

tondeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tondeezy
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

i really dont care for trophies

i play the game to play the game and every nst move onow and then i see a trophy pop up and i say cool and then just move on....