What do you rate these games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

I am looking to buy a few more games and i wanted to know out of the two lists which of these games you rate as must plays, great games, ok games and missable games.

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City

Max Payne 3

Skyrim

Kingdoms of Amalur

Deus EX: Human Revolution

Rage

God of War 3

Darksiders

To be realeased:

God of War ascension

Far Cry 3

Dragons Dogma

Darksiders 2

Black Ops 2

Metal Gear Rising

Crysis 3

The Last of Us

Ghost Warrior

I know there are a few not out, but opinions on how good you think they may be

Thanks, I have proably missed a few but that shall do for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

skyrim is a must have, far cry 3 looks pretty good but i'm still not sure if i'm going to get it yet, and black ops 2 was just announced and doesn't have any gameplay videos out yet so nobody can really give their opinion on a game that only has a trailer for now. i won't decide on black ops 2 or give my opinion on the game so far until i see an actual gameplay video of the game instead of just a trailer

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
How the hell are we supposed to know if a game is good or bad if it hasn't even been released yet? Maybe try doing a little research for yourself if you're interested in some games.
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattamomo

How the hell are we supposed to know if a game is good or bad if it hasn't even been released yet? Maybe try doing a little research for yourself if you're interested in some games.PoisoN_Facecam0

I am doing some research . . . that is why i posted this.

And I mean by previous game entrys what would we expect from the game. For instance FarCry 3 looked very good from the gameplay vid but i have not played the second so do not know what to expect. Theres no harm in voicing your opinion on a game that is not out.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

ummm ok.

God of War ascension9

Far Cry 3 5

Dragons Dogma3

Darksiders 25

Black Ops 23

Metal Gear Rising 9

Crysis 3 5

The Last of Us9

Ghost Warrior4

aadamjohnsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aadamjohnsons
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

According to me some of the most amazing and popular games from this list areMax Payne 3, God of war 3, Batman akhram city, Far crt 3, Call of duty black ops 2, Skyrim, Kingdoms of amalur, deus EX: Human Revolution etc.

carmelgene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carmelgene
Member since 2012 • 68 Posts

I am looking to buy a few more games and i wanted to know out of the two lists which of these games you rate as must plays, great games, ok games and missable games.

Already out:

Max Payne 3

Skyrim

Kingdoms of Amalur

Rage

God of War 3

Darksiders

To be realeased:

God of War ascension

Far Cry 3

Dragons Dogma

Darksiders 2

Black Ops 2

Metal Gear Rising

Crysis 3

The Last of Us

Ghost Warrior

mattamomo
half of the listed games are good to me.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City- 7

Max Payne 3 - No idea

Skyrim - 10

Kingdoms of Amalur - 8.5

Deus EX: Human Revolution - 10, more if possible

Rage - 7

God of War 3 - 10

Darksiders - 9

To be realeased:

God of War ascension - 10

Far Cry 3 - 8

Dragons Dogma - 6

Darksiders 2 - 10

Black Ops 2 - No idea

Metal Gear Rising - No idea

Crysis 3 - 8

The Last of Us - 9

Ghost Warrior - No idea

mattamomo

And yes, I'm just guessing. You should really read reviews for the first half as there are many. Watch previews and just wait for the second half. I'm not even sure what the aim of this thread is.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Kingdoms of Amalur - Haven't played it but I'll definitely be picking it up when I get the chance. Looks really interesting to me.

Deus EX: Human Revolution - Tried playing this on two different occasions and I just don't get it. It's kind of like a crummy shooter but you can also sneak past your enemies, and then I got into this open world part where I had about 10 different sidequests to do and I just didn't care.

Rage - It's a basic shooter with some dune buggy racing / combat. I thought it was pretty boring, like a bunch of sidequests with no main quest.

God of War 3 - I didn't get into this either. LOL, I must sound like I hate all games. It was just kind of the same thing as the first God of War game, but without any of the charm or character. That gameplay mechanic is getting old IMO.

The Last of Us - I've got this pre-ordered. Naughty Dog makes great games and I really like the whole post-apocalyptic survival thing. The characters seem really interesting too.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Deus EX: Human Revolution - Tried playing this on two different occasions and I just don't get it. It's kind of like a crummy shooter but you can also sneak past your enemies, and then I got into this open world part where I had about 10 different sidequests to do and I just didn't care.

Jackc8

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not a shooter, and that's probably why you don't like it. It's built to be a stealth game, and while you can play it as a shooter you won't feel the charm of it that way. It's not really an open world, just a small open area (the game consists of many of them) with some optional side quests which you can completely ignore. Again, it's a stealth action game with some RPG elements, it has an outstanding soundtrack, strong and sometimes influential characters, one of the best and most unique arstyles I've seen, and a believable and amazing world and story.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Deus Ex: HR = My favourite game of 2011. Great story, graphics (besides most people's facial graphics) and the many ways to complete objectives.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning = My favourite game of 2012, so far. I like the fact it's like a single player W.o.W. game.

Another game worth checking out and adding to your list is Binary Domain, it seems to have flown under the radar with most people but it's certainly worth a look

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattamomo
It seems Deus Ex is considered both fantastic and pointless, for seven pounds I may as well try it. I am really enjoying Batman Arkham Asylum at the minute so would CIty be a good option?
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

How do we rate games that aren't even out..?

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
I'm just going to rate buy or not buy or have no idea :D Batman: buy Max Payne: no idea Skyrim: buy! Kingdoms: ooo that's iffy. I'd buy it for cheap later on. Deux Ex: Buy! Rage: no idea looks swanky though GoW: not my cup o tea Darsiders: get it cheap And I'll stop there :) Happy Friday! :D
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Of course I haven't played many of the ones that are out, and obviously some are not even out, but my "perception" of these games

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City - 100% Confirmed Must Play

Max Payne 3 - Great Game

Skyrim - Ok game (must play on PC, not so much on consoles).

Kingdoms of Amalur - Ok Game, borderline missable as there many other capable RPG's to play first (which I will never have time for, so maybe don't bother with this on PS3).

Deus EX: Human Revolution - Must Play (I haven't :()

Rage - Ok Game (Played it, thought it was "ok" but nothing amazing but certainly a high quality 3rd party). Not too long, not too short and easy to get into.

God of War 3 - Must Play for PS3 owner

Darksiders - OK

To be realeased:

God of War ascension - Great game (maybe Must Play)

Far Cry 3 - not sure

Dragons Dogma - not sure, hopefully Great since I took a shot and pre-ordered it like a year ago.

Darksiders 2 - missable

Black Ops 2 - Ok, missable if you are fatigued on Call of Duty

Metal Gear Rising - Ok (looks like it might disappoint)

Crysis 3 - Ok, borderline great

The Last of Us - Must Play for PS3 owner (hopefully).

Ghost Warrior - never heard of it

mattamomo

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Of course I haven't played many of the ones that are out, and obviously some are not even out, but my "perception" of these games

[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

2Chalupas

Not sure if serious.:?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

StealthMonkey4

Not sure if serious.:?

Umm. Yeah. Bethesda games seem to always have all kinds of issues on consoles. So I'm not going to be bothering with them for now. The problems may or may not have been fixed on Skyrim, but I really don't care at this point. I don't want to play an extremely time consuming game, that also turns into a broken unplayable mess.

Rousie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rousie14
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Batman: Arkham City - 8.5

Max Payne 3 - 8

Skyrim - 9

Kingdoms of Amalur - 6

Deus EX: Human Revolution- 7.5

Rage- 8

God of War 3 - 7.5

Darksiders -8

God of War ascension - Not sure what that is...

Far Cry 3 - 7

Dragons Dogma - 8

Darksiders 2 - 8

Black Ops 2 - 8

Metal Gear Rising - 9

Crysis 3 - 9

The Last of Us - 9

Ghost Warrior - 8.5

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
batman AC 9.5 max payne 3 9 skyrim 10 amalur 8.5 deus ex human revolution 9 rage 9 GOW 3 10 darksiders 9 gow ascencion probably 9 far cry 3 8.5 dragon dogma 8.5 black ops 2 8.5 MGS reveange 8.5 crysis 9.5 the last of us 10 ghost warrior 8
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City- 9.0 Good action and combat but dumb story.

Max Payne 3- 7.5 Okay game. Not much great stuff to see or do,

Skyrim- 9.5 Amazing and realistic breathing world with awesome landscapes and immersion but cheap combat.

Kingdoms of Amalur- 9.0 Great combat but not as immersive as Skyrim and the art work isn't that great.

Deus EX: Human Revolution- 9.0 Good game with satisfying action and stealth.

Rage- 7.5 Good setting but horrible gameplay.

God of War 3- 8.0 Good story and combat but a very overrated game.

Darksiders- Didn't play.

To be realeased:

God of War ascension- 8.5 Might be good because of multiplayer.

Far Cry 3- 9.0 I really liked the last game so maybe this is great too.

Dragons Dogma- 9.0 From what I've seen of the trailer, the combat looks epic as do the RPG elements.

Darksiders 2- No idea.

Black Ops 2- 7.0 The first game was okay and the setting was cool, but a CoD game in the future? No way.

Metal Gear Rising- No idea because I never played an MG game before.

Crysis 3- 9.0 The last 2 games were great and this games looks promising as well.

The Last of Us- Never heard of it.

Ghost Warrior- Don't know.

From these games I would prefer Skyrim, Reckoning, Dragon's Dogma, Crysis 3 and Arkham City.

arcticavengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 arcticavengers
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Batman: Arkham City Max Payne 3 Crysis 3 would be great but havnt heard much about the others
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts
  • Out of all of those, I've only played Skyrim, I give it a 4.5/10, so many glitches make the game unplayable, oh and did I mention the lag?
  • Far Cry 3 looks good and looks like it will approved on the superb Far Cry 2, so most likely it will deserve 9-9.5.
  • Black Ops 2, I think it's going to flop (I think Activ$ion will either to another copy and paste rehash, or attemp innovation and fail), if it doesn't flop it will get 9.0-9.5.
  • If Metal Gear Rising has the same issues as Metal Gear Solid 4, it will be a mediocre 5/10.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Arkham City - 9/10 Max Payne 3 - 9/10 God of War 3- 7/10 Thats all i have played from the list.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#24 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Already out:

Max Payne 3

Skyrim

Kingdoms of Amalur

Rage

God of War 3

Darksiders

To be realeased:

God of War ascension

Far Cry 3

Dragons Dogma

Darksiders 2

Black Ops 2

Metal Gear Rising

Crysis 3

The Last of Us

Ghost Warrior

mattamomo

You can't judge games that haven't been released yet since previews aren't representations of the finished product.

Here are my ratings on the games already out, obviously the score will suggest whether it's a must play or not.

• Batman: Arkham City = 9.5/10
  • Rage = 9/10
  • God of War 3 = 9/10
  • Darksiders = 8/10

Haven't played the others so cannot say.

Opinions on the future releases that I will be getting:

• God of War: Ascension - After the epic God of War 3, I have high hopes that this game will be just as awesome.
  • Far Cry 3 - One of my most anticipated games! The open world sandbox design should be fantastic, and the story looks to have a level of depth and intrigue about it. Definitely hoping it turns out as good as it sounds and looks.
  • Darksiders 2 - The first game was good fun, and playing as Death sounds like there will be plentiful moments of gory awesomeness.
  • The Last of Us - Naughty Dog are brilliant at creating character-driven adventures, and hopefully this survival horror adventure lives up to the hype. The I am Legend vibe is appealing, and post-apocalyptic settings are my favourite backdrop for any game.
  • Metal Gear Rising - Haven't heard much from it lately, but stealth action gameplay always catches my interest. Looking forward to it.
  • Crysis 3 - With phenomenal visuals, this sequel will surely excel within the popular FPS market with fabulous results.

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

Batman: Arkham City = 9.7/10

Max Payne 3 = 9/10

Deus EX: Human Revolution = 1/10

Rage = 7.9/10

God of War 3 = 9/10

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

finalserenade75

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not a shooter, and that's probably why you don't like it. It's built to be a stealth game, and while you can play it as a shooter you won't feel the charm of it that way. It's not really an open world, just a small open area (the game consists of many of them) with some optional side quests which you can completely ignore. Again, it's a stealth action game with some RPG elements, it has an outstanding soundtrack, strong and sometimes influential characters, one of the best and most unique arstyles I've seen, and a believable and amazing world and story.

Amen for that and for your '10 , more if possible' rating on it , I usually forget the story of the games I play , even good ones, this didn't happen with Deus Ex :HR , I'd kill for a sequel.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City Very fun and the story really ends very well

Max Payne 3 Played for 2 or 3 hours, and it was pretty awesome

Skyrim 92 hours in (on PS3) and am still exploring. Weak main story, but the faction storylines make up for it, as does the game world

Kingdoms of Amalur No idea, but there's a demo available for free on the PS Store

Deus EX: Human Revolution My 2nd best game of 2011 (behind Skyrim). Engaging story, very good dialouge options (probably the best this gen IMO), and solid gameplay (ignore the reviews saying how bad the boss battles are, there's only 4 of them, and the 3rd one can be beaten in about 3 seconds if you have the proper weapon, so they don't last long and don't take away from the game).

Rage I have yet to play it, but people have told me that it's not worth playing.

God of War 3 Not my genre, but I've been told it's pretty awesome.

Darksiders I've yet to play it, but have yet to hear anything really bad about it.

To be realeased:

God of War ascension Probably more of the same, so if you like the formula/genre then you're in luck.

Far Cry 3 No idea, just watched some previews on GS and it seems like they're trying a lot of things that may or may not work.

Dragons Dogma Looks awesome, the demo was fun, and I'll be getting it shortly. I'll probably have a first impressions review up either on my GS blog or as a link on my GS blog to my actual blog on video games and doctor who.

Darksiders 2 No idea

Black Ops 2 You either like COD by now or you don't

Metal Gear Rising Don't know, I'm not a Metal Gear fan

Crysis 3 To early to tell.

The Last of Us Looks to be pretty good.

Ghost Warrior No idea.

mattamomo

Well, there you have it. My thoughts on the games you listed, hope it helps.

Avatar image for bostadskontrakt
bostadskontrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 bostadskontrakt
Member since 2008 • 387 Posts

Batman: Arkham City is the only "must play". The rest looks like good optional games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Already out:

Batman: Arkham City Must Play

Max Payne 3

Skyrim

Kingdoms of Amalur

Rage

God of War 3 Missable

Darksiders OK Game

mattamomo

This is all I can really say.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Metal Gear Rising is likely going to be Bayonetta, but with Raiden (being that Platinum Games has taken over the project). So, likely everyone that loves Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are likely going to like Metal Gear Rising. And anyone expecting another Metal Gear Solid game, are going to be greatly disappointed.
newbie4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 newbie4lyfe
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

i liked gow 3 (94%)