What 1st party titles should PlayStation bring back??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

SOCOM? Heavenly Sword? PaRappa the Rappa, Alundra? Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter?

What are some PlayStation games fans want to see brought back and created for PS4 or PS5?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7319 Posts

I'd like to see another Folklore. And War of the Monsters.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd like to see them bring back Spyro or Crash and really give them a proper, full fledged 3D platformer outing. As it stands, there's almost no 3D platformers around these days.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Drakan

Syphon Filter

Dark Cloud

Rogue Galaxy

SOCOM

War of the Monsters

Twisted Metal

Sly Cooper

Jak and Daxter

Ape Escape

The Legend of Dragoon

Alundra

The Mark of Kri

Wild Arms

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Coolyfett

@Pikminmaniac: is that a genre that you play very often? How do you think Crash and Spyro would look on PS4 systems?

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would love to see Legend and Dragoon, Dark Could and Xenogears.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Coolyfett said:

@Pikminmaniac: is that a genre that you play very often? How do you think Crash and Spyro would look on PS4 systems?

I'm a huge platformer fan and while I enjoy 2D platformers a lot more than 3D platformers, I still want to see the genre come back. Mario's practically the only one making pure high quality 3D platformers these days. I'd like someone to try to give that franchise some competition.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Coolyfett said:

I'm a huge platformer fan and while I enjoy 2D platformers a lot more than 3D platformers, I still want to see the genre come back. Mario's practically the only one making pure high quality 3D platformers these days. I'd like someone to try to give that franchise some competition.

Those IPs are now owned by Activision and they were originally owned by Universal, so it won't happen and they certainly aren't 1st party properties for Sony to resurrect. It's out of their hands.

Currently Activision is using Spyro for Skylanders and Crash is in limbo. Activision believes in the annual model (Skylanders/Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero/Call of Duty) so if they ever brought back Crash, it would get ugly fast.

I also love platformers though and I agree it would be nice to see the genre come back front and center. That's why I listed some Sony IPs that involved platforming like Jak, Sly Cooper, and Ape Escape. Of course, I'm all for new platform IPs too.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Sly Cooper

Syphon Filter

Crash

Motorstorm

ATV Off Road Fury

Ape Escape

Downhill Domination

Twisted Metal

Socom

Puppeteer

Jak and Daxter

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

I'd like to see them bring back Fatal Frame. I know it keeps getting sold to Nintendo but I miss the games. Perhaps another Clock Tower.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Wipeout would be the shit, but they killed Liverpool

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'd like to see them bring back Spyro or Crash and really give them a proper, full fledged 3D platformer outing. As it stands, there's almost no 3D platformers around these days.

Agreed. While I never really played much of those particular games, I am a fan of the platforming genre, and would love to see more of them. For me, the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy had a nice mix of platforming and action/adventure, wouldn't mind seeing another one of those, and not the lame Forgotten Sands from last gen. But I also do enjoy the more cartoon like art design of the games you mentioned, so really, I'd be good with those as well.

As for my series, I'm still annoyed they let go of Monster Hunter. Makes no sense at all, especially if they ever considering actually wanting to sell Vitas.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Coolyfett

@Pikminmaniac said:
@Coolyfett said:

That makes sense. Coolyfett is guessing the last time PlayStation had many of those games were on the PS One and PS2?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Coolyfett

@meathead373 said:

Wipeout would be the shit, but they killed Liverpool

Killed Liverpool??? What do you mean?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

@Coolyfett: Yeah sony shut them down a couple years ago, sucks Wipeout was the best racing games around

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolyfett

@blueboxdoctor: is there anything thats on ps3, ps4 or vita that plays anything like Monster Hunter?? They did Soul Sacrifice but it never took off.

enzoeleazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17 enzoeleazar
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Heavenly Sword deserved an 8.5, not all the 7s it got. That, and every generation needs a Twisted Metal.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blueboxdoctor

@Coolyfett said:

@blueboxdoctor: is there anything thats on ps3, ps4 or vita that plays anything like Monster Hunter?? They did Soul Sacrifice but it never took off.

Soul Sacrifice was just kind of boring, basically it was just a few of the same little arenas and they'd drop one of a select few monsters in it to fight. Eventually I think more were added via free content, but by then I lost interest. Apparently Toukiden Kiwami is similar to MH and is on PS4 and Vita, but I recall playing the demo for the one before it (this one is like the ultimate version of that with extra content but still the base game) and it felt average. Still trying to get into Freedom Wars on the Vita, and while it's not that bad it's still no MH.

Capcom really has that market down well. Even though the Lost Planet games had their flaws, they were also fun monster hunting games. Dragon's Dogma was also a very good first attempt at an open world type monster hunting game for them (while it's a RPG, it also has some of the feel of a MH game).

But at least they are still making the Monster Hunter series on the 3DS, and I must say, MH4 has some pretty nice improvements over MH3, so they're also doing a good job updating the series.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Socom and the resistance franchises!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Coolyfett

@blueboxdoctor said:
@Coolyfett said:

Soul Sacrifice was just kind of boring, basically it was just a few of the same little arenas and they'd drop one of a select few monsters in it to fight. Eventually I think more were added via free content, but by then I lost interest. Apparently Toukiden Kiwami is similar to MH and is on PS4 and Vita, but I recall playing the demo for the one before it (this one is like the ultimate version of that with extra content but still the base game) and it felt average. Still trying to get into Freedom Wars on the Vita, and while it's not that bad it's still no MH.

Capcom really has that market down well. Even though the Lost Planet games had their flaws, they were also fun monster hunting games. Dragon's Dogma was also a very good first attempt at an open world type monster hunting game for them (while it's a RPG, it also has some of the feel of a MH game).

But at least they are still making the Monster Hunter series on the 3DS, and I must say, MH4 has some pretty nice improvements over MH3, so they're also doing a good job updating the series.

Dragons Dogma? Coolyfett will need to look into that one, thats on PS3.

tiny_rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 tiny_rick
Member since 2015 • 284 Posts

Tiny_Rick thinks:

Ape Escape

Rouge Galaxy

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Dark Cloud 3

MediEvil

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blueboxdoctor

@Coolyfett said:
@blueboxdoctor said:
@Coolyfett said:

Dragons Dogma? Coolyfett will need to look into that one, thats on PS3.

Make sure you get the Dark Arisen version. It's the only way to get the Dark Arisen expansion/DLC with it, which introduces a whole new area designed for when you hit a higher level. And it adds a few nice little things, like fast travel. At this point it's pretty cheap, but well worth playing, a lot of variety in the classes you can be.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Coolyfett

@tiny_rick said:

Tiny_Rick thinks:

Ape Escape

Rouge Galaxy

lol Ape Escape

tiny_rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 tiny_rick
Member since 2015 • 284 Posts

@Coolyfett said:
@tiny_rick said:

Tiny_Rick thinks:

Ape Escape

Rouge Galaxy

lol Ape Escape

tiny_rick thinks ape escape is a great game. It is tiny_rick's belief that it would translate well to modern systems and tiny_rick thinks its unique enough to warrant a squeal. Tiny_rick doesnt think there would be problem.