were you impressed with black ops?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sydneyfcrules1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 sydneyfcrules1
Member since 2010 • 153 Posts

Just wondering what you guys thought about it I personaly prefer some aspects of the game better but then I like the infinity ward game engine better.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

only thing i liked about black ops was zombie mode, everything else i could care less, i stopped playing when i kept getting killed by a chopper gunner 3 seconds after i had respawned for a good 2 minutes.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
i didnt really make a choice because none of them were exactly what i thought.......i was impressed with it at first but then it got rediculous....and i lost my love for the game.....
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
the game was trash in my opinion
sydneyfcrules1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 sydneyfcrules1
Member since 2010 • 153 Posts

yeah zombies is awesome I can play it for hours and hours and want more of it. Zombies for me is what makes black ops shine with out it, it would be a modern warfare 2 downgrade apart from a few small fixes.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
The campaign was interesting and on the whole well done despite me guessing the big "twist" like 3 missions before it actually happened. I like how it was very different from the other CoDs in tone and story, of course the action is exactly the same with maybe a little bit too much slo-mo. The multiplayer is marginally better than MW2's but that's not saying a whole lot imo. The only thing I could go back to and still have some fun would probably be the zombies mode even then it wouldn't last very long. CoD4 is by far the best CoD game and at the rate they're going now, it looks like it'll be that way for the rest of the series.
kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

The same COD game just different setting. Mindless but fun multiplayer, more balance than MW2 but lacking in weapon choices.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
On Xbox 360, multiplayer was good, but then I got a PS3 and didn't bother buying it.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
The only fulfilling mode on there at all is Hardcore S & D. But even that has lost its appeal. Even when I pop off 60 kills and lead the match, I still don't care at all. I'd rather struggle in a tactical shooter like Rainbow Six 3 than get easy kills on a game like Call of Duty. I'm done with the franchise.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

only thing i liked about black ops was zombie mode, everything else i could care less, i stopped playing when i kept getting killed by a chopper gunner 3 seconds after i had respawned for a good 2 minutes.

Chris_Williams
Yeah, I only play it for Zombies also. I prestiged 4 times and got really sick of the horrible hit detection, lagging when I was host, getting spawn killed constantly... yeah, go ahead and say it, CoD fanboys "No u just suk lololol" not really, no... sorry. My K/D was positive (though another reason I hate the game is the community's obsession with their stupid K/D), I very rarely ever finished a match negative, and usually was at the top of the scoreboard. I wasn't "OMFG AMAZING", and I didn't make stupid noscope montages on youtube with "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" (that's how you know you're good, right?), but I definitely didn't suck. Call of Duty games are rushed too quickly, and the net coding needs a complete overhaul. Zombies, however, is still epic. Current record for Call of the Dead (yeah, I have a 360 too) is 35. Not too bad, not awesome... but I would like to point out that I killed myself because it was 8:30AM. Could have easily kept going.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I enjoyed it, but since it was just more 'splosions and arcade shooting, I got bored very quickly with it. It also lacked the punch a CoD made by Infinity Ward would have.
alex-willoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alex-willoz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Zombies is the only stand out thing in my opinion. The multiplayer had some nice touches like adding your clan tag and having custom clan tags to it but well yer the game play wasn't as smooth as mw2 in my opinion, the campaign was good having some nice missions but i don't really like the ridiculous unrealism that has happened since mw2 and is bound to continue in mw3 (especially judging on the adverts)...............
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Garbage. I hated it, especially the multiplayer, and the graphics honestly looked like something from the PS2 era.
punchacku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 punchacku
Member since 2003 • 278 Posts

I feel that all cod games are overrated......the single player is lame......the multiplayer is the same old stuff they always do and even most of the guns were in previous cods....it's a wonder how they have so many fans without any real inovation. Zombies is the only part of the game that was pretty fun. No offence to anyone who enjoyed the game....i just can't justify 60$ for it myself. To each his own.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I hyped it like crazy and thought it was decent when I finally got it. It was worth the 5 month wait though.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#16 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I hate it. Only reason I even touch it anymore is because I have so many friends online who play itstill and I like being able to play with my friends and I'm willing to tolerate playingthat game so I can play with them.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

only thing i liked about black ops was zombie mode

Chris_Williams

Same, but I thought that the SP was solid and that there was some MP features that I liked.

Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

Zombies = :)

Rest of the game = :(

neseri12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 neseri12
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

Loved it

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Zombies was fun for a short time and messing around with my emblem and playercard was alright. Everything else about that game's MP is total garbage, especially the PS3 version. SP was just ok, and not worth playing a second time. So no, not impressed :P Been playing MW2 since and haven't looked back.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Impressed is not the word. If it werent for lag and connection issues I would say it really is one of the best online competitive games around. However I also have to admit that BO got much better on ps3 now. It used to lag a lot but now its pretty smooth. Theres nothing really wrong with it but - it has been the same for last four years - its really really REALLY overrated - cheating is still there, along with spawn killing etc. If it had dedicated servers on consoles and nobody could cheat there then I would say its one of the best games of this generation, multiplayer-wise.
Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
None of the answers in this poll really apply to me. I never really played the previous ones enough to say this is the best or one of them is better. What I can say is: All the multiplayers are the exact same as the other. A few things added, a few things taken away. None better than the other enough for me to pick one. The campaign in Black ops was great imo. I had fun playing the story through the various levels and wars. It was alot of fun, although at times a little tedious.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

forced myself to like it for 7 days, took it and traded to g stop for bad company 2 and been playing daily, all i can say is i'm done with crap and can't wait for bf3

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#24 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
The only fulfilling mode on there at all is Hardcore S & D. But even that has lost its appeal. Even when I pop off 60 kills and lead the match, I still don't care at all. I'd rather struggle in a tactical shooter like Rainbow Six 3 than get easy kills on a game like Call of Duty. I'm done with the franchise. Spellingiscool
I would have to agree, which is why im putting my money on Battlefield 3 this year.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Zombies = :)

Rest of the game = :(

Mondrath

Zombies should be its own game :P

Avatar image for KatieKatastroph
KatieKatastroph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KatieKatastroph
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

Campain - no (To short and same plot as other COD's) Zombies - yes :D

francisoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 francisoc
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts
I also really didn't like the game. I mean come on, CoD is a good shooter, but it's been the same thing since MW1 (which was the best CoD in my opinion), just different scenarios and weapons. But I gotta say, Zombies is REALLY fun...
NFS_monochrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NFS_monochrome
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts
I heard it was crap so I didn't want to get it. Had to though cos the girlfriend wanted it as all her friends were playing it instead of MWF2. I've already pre-ordered MWF3 in the hope that it will resurrect the franchise. If not, I can always sell it to some sucker, LOL
Avatar image for CallOfDutyFan43
CallOfDutyFan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CallOfDutyFan43
Member since 2011 • 36 Posts

:evil: The games a piece of crap i bought the game only for the zombie mode which is the only good thing about the game. The campaign is descent but crumbles in comparison to Modern Warfare. The graphics in the game are decent but don't stand a chance compared to Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2, and Killzone 3. The guns in the game are terrible the only decent guns in my opinion are the commando and Aug. So i would not recommend any gamer to buy this game unlessyou are buying it for zombies if you want a game with intense multilayer pick up MW2, Crysis 2, or Killzone 3 ;)

Also pre-ordered MW3 can't wait :D

CobraKai83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CobraKai83
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts

it was ok at first but got old fast...same ish, different day IMO

i don't own any FPS's anymore...had MW2 and BC2 but sold em off and probably won't be getting any in the near future

jagged6504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jagged6504
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

I'm done with the series. Between the noob tubes of MW2 and the terrible hit detection of Black Ops coupled with lag, I've given up on COD.

DarthRoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarthRoel
Member since 2010 • 1058 Posts
Garbage. I hated it, especially the multiplayer, and the graphics honestly looked like something from the PS2 era. gmaster456
this
r4v1rsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 r4v1rsm
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts
I don't play COD
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

:evil: The games a piece of crap i bought the game only for the zombie mode which is the only good thing about the game. The campaign is descent but crumbles in comparison to Modern Warfare. The graphics in the game are decent but don't stand a chance compared to Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2, and Killzone 3. The guns in the game are terrible the only decent guns in my opinion are the commando and Aug. So i would not recommend any gamer to buy this game unlessyou are buying it for zombies if you want a game with intense multilayer pick up MW2, Crysis 2, or Killzone 3 ;)

Also pre-ordered MW3 can't wait :D

CallOfDutyFan43
I prefer MW 2 over it too, it had a completely different "feel" to it. But overall, I like Black Ops and cannot wait for MW 3.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I have mixed feelings. The graphics, hitboxes and lag are considerably worse then in the highly polished Modern Warfare 2.

BUT, as a Treyarch game I have to admit they've been getting better and better. World at War was great despite seeming like a large WWII expansion for MW1, and Black Ops held its own pretty well. It had a bunch of content and a great campaign, as well as fun Zombies and a bevy of maps and gear (which were pretty balanced compared to MW2's overpowered death streaks and SMG's).

Overall, it was fun, but a little more frustrating despite the balance. Honestly, they made the game fun by removing the really annoying perks, but then the crappy hit boxes and crippling lag ruined it all for me.

k16campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 k16campbell
Member since 2008 • 660 Posts

It was kind of a downstep from MW2 in my opinion, but still an ok game. The online has many flaws but i thought the campaign was fantastic. Zombies is pretty fun. I wasn't impressed, but i knew what i was getting into when i bought it. Just one of those games where you are in the mood for it one minute, then the next you don't want to play it anymore.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i see the effort treyarch put into it and giving them credit i think its its their best COD yet (not far ahead of W@W though)....i dont know what to say about the way treyarch makes the COD games though. something about it just ALWAYS seems off. in 3 it was the super boring story and the addition of vehicles in the MP, in W@W it was the stupid nade spammig enemies (this one had a great story though) and the MP again was unbalanced to me because of those stinkin vehicles...but it was a great step up from COD 3. This iteration of the series.....*sigh*....i just dont know why treyarch cant get it right....the story wasnt as good as W@W although it was still good. nice plot twist at the end....but along the way i just got tired of hearing about " the numbers" and i stopped caring about what they were trying to get out of him until the end. the MP was MUCH better than the other 2 (notice, no vehicles) but DAMNIT, WTF IS UP WITH THE HORRIBLE RESPAWN POINTS!!!!??? seriously, right in front of the enemy.....on their side of the field??? Theres just always something about a treyarch COD that just makes me wish for an IW game to take its place again. not saying that theyre bad devs....its jus tthat for some reason theyre COD games always just seem to have something about it that rubs me the wrong way. in comparison though MW2 by IW was definatly not as good as COD 4 so IW definatly took a step backwards on that one but for the most part every IW COD game has been better than the last ina major way...
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i thought the single player and multiplayer was great. zombies is good too but i dont play it just cuz i dunno i dont really find it all that fun. i cant say i was too impressed with it cuz it was kinda the same game over again. but i liked it better than mw2. i liked how it went more to straight up gun fights instead of all that killstreak and noobtubecrap. the game felt more balanced, and i liked the maps better too. probably the biggest dissapointment for me was the graphics, i dont know what the hell happened there, they actually went backwards in terms of graphics. u play single player and it looks great, but then once u play multiplayer it all goes to crap and graphics get uglier, still not bad but definately should be better for a game this gen.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

COD4>Black Ops>MW2

Black Ops is good, but not as good as COD4. It's way better than MW2 though.