Welcome to the If I was head hancho of Sony I would _____ game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Welcome to the:If I was the head hancho of Sony I would ______ game! Now this game will consist of you telling us here on gamespot 3 things you would do if you were the head hancho at Sony. However, the 3 things you list can't be the same things previous members have posted (They can't be the same thing & worded different too otherwise YOU FAIL!

1. Invest in keeping more titles exclusive to our system.

2. Push updates out that actually give us that "next gen experience" rather than little tweeks.

3. Force Ayumi Hamasaki to be my wife & Utada Hikaru to be my mistress. (Silly? GTH!) Also, if you don't know who these two lovely ladies are then please hang up your knowledge on japan NOW!

Keep the game rolling until the ball stops! KAISHI!

iP-freely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iP-freely
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
So something like this?: 1) **** slap anyone who doesn't own a PS3 2) Send a coupon for a large box of cookies in the mail monthly to all those who own a PS3 3) Persuade developers to keep franchises exclusive the Microsoft way (Throw tons of cash at them)
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
First thing first. It's head honcho". Now that is out of the way I think: 1) launch the motion controller now before Natal comes out. 2) bring MadWorld to the PS3 & persuade BioWare to release Mass Effect 1 & 2 for PS3 3) bring back backwards compatibility.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
1. Release more ps2 game collections - Ico and SoTC mainly. 2. Announce the premium service psn. 3. Release alternative coloured ps3s in Europe but not America :twisted:
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
1) Make copy protected games saves punishable by death. Or....something. 2) Release a new Syphon Filter. 3) Release cross game voice chat.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I would make everyone who has the ps3 or psp pay homage to me by 1 minute of silence before playing. Courtesy of a black screen for 1 minute. :P

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
3. Release alternative coloured ps3s in Europe but not America :twisted:ryrulez
You suck ry :evil: Just for that I hope we get all kinds of different COLORs and you guys get nothing. If I was the "head honcho" of Sony I would... 1. pass all responsibilities off to Kevin Butler and resume playing my PS3 :P
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
1. custom soundtracks to all games, even previous released games (somehow) 2. New, free avatars, or at the very least more good cheap avatars (this one seems realistic, and much needed) 3. Good PSN store sales.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MusashiSensi

Welcome to the:If I was the head hancho of Sony I would ______ game! Now this game will consist of you telling us here on gamespot 3 things you would do if you were the head hancho at Sony. However, the 3 things you list can't be the same things previous members have posted (They can't be the same thing & worded different too otherwise YOU FAIL!

1. Invest in keeping more titles exclusive to our system.MusashiSensi

Couldn't follow the rules, eh?

So something like this?: 3) Persuade developers to keep franchises exclusive the Microsoft way (Throw tons of cash at them)iP-freely

biribis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 biribis
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts

1. To make firmware updates optional and not mandatory for signing in to the PSN.

2. To replace your PS3 for free if it gets bricked because of a firmware update.

3. To keep the psn free !!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

1) Invest in more exclusives

2) Convince Bioware that putting the Mass Effect Trilogy on the PS3 is a good idea(wait until ME 3 and then release them all in one $60 package with all DLC for 1 & 2 plus a voucher for some of 3's)

3) Invest in the growth of PSN

4) Release "Arc" before Project Natal

5) Grow the portable branch of SCE(make the incredible PSP even better)

6) Increase remote connectivity with Bravia, Walkman, Sony Ericsson, Vaio brands

7) Make an XMB implemented in every Sony product(best interface ever)

8] Give the public what they ask for(party chat, reimplement the Emotion Engine in Q4 2010(send in your system for a fee of > $100)

9) Even more first and second party developers

Yeah, I know I didn't follow the rules. Oh well.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

1. Fire anyone who uses the words "subscription" and "fee" in the same sentence.

2. Integrate Google Chrome as the PS3's web browser.

3. Make any and all Platinum/Kamiya games exclusive to PS3.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534

1. Fire anyone who uses the words "subscription" and "fee" in the same sentence.

Scianix-Black

Ok, those are the best 3 yet(especially 2. Chrome FTW!!!)

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

This is kinda hard if one were to follow the rules. All the stuff I'd do has already been named but worded differently. So here's me saying ---- the rules!:

1. I'd offer the PS3 in more colors while reintroducing the card reader, extra USB ports, and backwards compatability.

2.I'd allow PSP games to be downloaded and played directly on your PS3 - no sense suffering the lack of an extra analog stickMGS: PW.

3.I'd announce the new Team Ico Collection with HD revamps of both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as well as the MGS and Final Fantasy collections that offer everygame to date of both series in completely rebuilt HD graphics and updated gameplay.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

1. Invest in keeping more titles exclusive to our system.MusashiSensi

Couldn't follow the rules, eh?

It's hard to live up to your standards! :(

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Get some kid in his moms basement to give me the mystery of ps2 BC because it seems a 13 year old can do it but not the Corp who invented the product...
11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
  1. Remake the PS3 slim, unlike the current cheap model we have right now.
  2. Double Pimp Slap Sega and Yu suzuki and force them to make Shenmue 3.
  3. Frame Capcom on making Rival Schools !!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
1. Talk Infinity Ward out of their timed DLC with Microsoft 2. Make more bundles such as 250gb with Uncharted 2 for $429.99... or 120gb with GoW3 for $339.99 and give them cool skins... 3. Keep making those funny commercials, but for games that deserve it like GoW3, U2, MLB, LBP, and not frickin' MAG....
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="yarou1000"]1. Talk Infinity Ward out of their timed DLC with Microsoft 2. Make more bundles such as 250gb with Uncharted 2 for $429.99... or 120gb with GoW3 for $339.99 and give them cool skins... 3. Keep making those funny commercials, but for games that deserve it like GoW3, U2, MLB, LBP, and not frickin' MAG....

whats your beef with mag... like they shouldnt hype new releases?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534

as well as the MGS and Final Fantasy collections that offer everygame to date of both series in completely rebuilt HD graphics and updated gameplay.

TheEldestGod

:o That'd be epic! And the FF collection would be the first game to use multiple Blu-Rays.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="yarou1000"]1. Talk Infinity Ward out of their timed DLC with Microsoft 2. Make more bundles such as 250gb with Uncharted 2 for $429.99... or 120gb with GoW3 for $339.99 and give them cool skins... 3. Keep making those funny commercials, but for games that deserve it like GoW3, U2, MLB, LBP, and not frickin' MAG....MethodManFTW
whats your beef with mag?

Read his sig. That answers the question perfectly.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
It will be hard to follow upon with new ideas but here I go. 1. Force people to buy BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger cuz its the best fighting gmae out there. 2. Sell mics with ps3! 3. Make MGS5 exclusive!
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEldestGod
It will be hard to follow upon with new ideas but here I go. 1. Force people to buy BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger cuz its the best fighting gmae out there. 2. Sell mics with ps3! 3. Make MGS5 exclusive! ExoticAnimal
Hey, #2 is pretty good idea. Maybe if everyone actually had a mic GIVEN to them they'd be motivated enough to talk into it from time to time. Then again...... I doubt it. PSN gamers are too intellectually brilliant to talk to people outside of their bubbles.
truckr_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 truckr_life
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

1. put a limit on sequels.....we need more risk takers, sequals are great but I feel like 50% of the market is filled with sequals, great new franchises please.

2. lower the prices for downloadable content by 20% and keep it there. personally I would buy more if this were the case, I feel its priced just slightly higher than what I am willing to pay for anything on-line with the exception of games.

3.would like to create a fps with an extreme depth story, 50+ hours of single player, and a way to keep me playing other than the typical means or multi-player and weapon upgrades....let the story and world exploration do the work. (btw if you know of a game like this let me know)

metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts

1. ps2 emulation, ps2 games on PSN

2.much more game dev. for PSN, more ps1 classics

3. try to get things like Torne and Arc released sooner

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
If I was the "head honcho" I would have taken my competition more seriously to avoid the beating that's going on and made games the priority of my system and not just push it as some type of media hub and Blu-ray player. Games should and will always come first if you're looking to have a successful console. Also, I would've equipped the system with a faster Blu-ray drive so games wouldn't need to be installed, because no person should have to wait 20minutes to play a game they just paid $60 for!!
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="truckr_life"]

3.would like to create a fps with an extreme depth story, 50+ hours of single player, and a way to keep me playing other than the typical means or multi-player and weapon upgrades....let the story and world exploration do the work. (btw if you know of a game like this let me know)

You never heard of Bioshock!? *gasps* Its only about half that long but it meets all of your other requirements with ease. It really feels more like an RPG than just your run of the mill shooter.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e957cfbb78e2
deactivated-5e957cfbb78e2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 deactivated-5e957cfbb78e2
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
  • Look into freeing up more of the system/graphics ram that is allocated to the OS.
  • Make all PS3's, PS2 backwards compatible
  • Create a better version of the in game menu where only stuff you can access while in game is accessible. What is the point of displaying the entire menu structure if you cannot use it?
altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts

Scianix-Black

what about subscription fees suck?

anyways!

1. make a super cool camera that plays uncharted 2.

2. Make HD movies easy to download on TVS and any other sony product.

3. Make a phone that rips off the Iphone.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]If I was the "head honcho" I would have taken my competition more seriously to avoid the beating that's going on and made games the priority of my system and not just push it as some type of media hub and Blu-ray player. Games should and will always come first if you're looking to have a successful console. Also, I would've equipped the system with a faster Blu-ray drive so games wouldn't need to be installed, because no person should have to wait 20minutes to play a game they just paid $60 for!!

Lol. So true.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MusashiSensi

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

altairs_mentor

what about subscription fees suck?

anyways!

1. make a super cool camera that plays uncharted 2.

2. Make HD movies easy to download on TVS and any other sony product.

3. Make a phone that rips off the Iphone.

How about the fact that Sony never mentioned this before or even slightly after the birth of the PS3? The fact that they through out everytime that "OUR online is FREE" & now they want to come up with subscriptions. However, this has not yet been ofically announced, so I will rest my case on this matter.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
1. Bring PS2 Emulations back, and sell PS2 titles via the PSN 2. Invest on Peripherals or hardware which can enhance the gaming experience on PS3, such as build a system which can detiriorate installs completely, or enhance graphical issues. 3. Lower the price of the PSP GO to $175.95 and the PS3 officialy by the end of the year to $249.99 to open a mass market and stab Microsoft in the heart.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

1. put a limit on sequels.....we need more risk takers, sequals are great but I feel like 50% of the market is filled with sequals, great new franchises please.

2. lower the prices for downloadable content by 20% and keep it there. personally I would buy more if this were the case, I feel its priced just slightly higher than what I am willing to pay for anything on-line with the exception of games.

truckr_life
I agree 100% with the first one. To many sequels are playing it safe and really the idioligy of creating a trilogy is ridiculous. We as consumers want new ideas new games because we like fresh new ideas.(at least i do. SUPPORT NEW IP)
truckr_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 truckr_life
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="truckr_life"]

TheEldestGod

You never heard of Bioshock!? *gasps* Its only about half that long but it meets all of your other requirements with ease. It really feels more like an RPG than just your run of the mill shooter.

thanks for the advice. I will try it. I just got my ps3 a month ago, so im playing catch up with all the good titles. so far ive beaten MGS4 and KZ2, 99% done with armored core 4 and playin Oblivion from time to time.