Ways to improve The Order 1886

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

So while this is a great game, most will agree that it is seriously lacking content and not worth a full retail price game. Here are my thoughts on some extra features that would have been cool, or maybe you can consider them ideas for a potential sequel:

Given the nature and style of the game (some chapters are short while others are strictly cutscenes) then the game needs at least 20-25 chapters.

Multiplayer: PvP. 4 on 4, Orders vs Rebels. Could be like a faster-paced Last of Us. Another idea would be to have a group of human players against a group of lycan players, could make for some very interesting gameplay. Perhaps the lycan could level up to defend against the higher-powered guns in the game.

A co-op could work, with small missions not canon to the story (I personally feel the single-player story works best). Maybe 2-4 players take control of The Order squad members in areas against rebels and/or lycan.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

While there isn't anything wrong just a single player campaign (Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstien New Order) but they offered a lengthier story. From what I read, The Order only takes around 5-6 hours to beat. That's a huge disappointment given a $60 price tag. I think there should have been more content for sure. I really liked MW2 Spec Ops missions and the splitscreen in Rage. If anything, they should release a free expansion to help compensate for the people who spend $60 and were disappointed.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10

@ristactionjakso: I finished it in about 8 hours, took my time with it though

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

it takes 7hours to complete, if you sprint through the game maybe you can shave off some time, but that's not how you play the game, I'm sick of these people going on about claiming it's a 5 hour game.

it's a story driven third person shooter linear game, and it does just that, and it does it well, all these low scores are all coming because all they do is comparing it to games which are longer and not even reviewing the game it self.

it was a great first attempt, well worth it, I'm glad I'm not one of these people who go off everyone else and most people complaining about the length and the game haven't even played it. if your not into story driven games linear games, then this game isn't for you

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jcrame10

@bezza2011: this game is short and lacks content in the same way that destiny and evolve do. I don't understand how anyone could defend this game when it costs 60 bucks. Third person story driven games are my favorite, but I rented this instead of buying it and I'm glad I did. It's not worth it. Games like uncharted and last of us are significantly longer, and offer a lot more content.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bezza2011

@jcrame10: Of course thats another debate entirely tho, I also agree with you that it may not be worth the asking price, but is a game which is 30+ long and has 100 of missions which are basically the same mission over and over again worth the full price, I mean the order may be short but the gameplay graphics and the story are very solid and tight, I could go round all games and tell you that they could of done more. I do agree tho, the market needs to change the pricing of things, I mean would the order sell more at a cheaper price, would even review scores reflex the price, I believe it might do, I honestly think most reviews are based on the price of the game rather than what it offers.

For me tho it was truly amazing experience and honestly cannot wait to see what a development team like that can do, i think we forget this is there very first game on a home console, there other outings are on vita, I cannot believe what they have pulled off for there first attempt.

Evolve tho got good reviews???? and yet how could it, half the content is locked out for dlc, or to buy, the actual game is shocking there isn't anything to it, even free to play games come with more stuff.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Adding coop would be great. Be it in the story or in a horde type mode, coop would be incredible.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jcrame10

@bezza2011 said:

@jcrame10: Of course thats another debate entirely tho, I also agree with you that it may not be worth the asking price, but is a game which is 30+ long and has 100 of missions which are basically the same mission over and over again worth the full price, I mean the order may be short but the gameplay graphics and the story are very solid and tight, I could go round all games and tell you that they could of done more. I do agree tho, the market needs to change the pricing of things, I mean would the order sell more at a cheaper price, would even review scores reflex the price, I believe it might do, I honestly think most reviews are based on the price of the game rather than what it offers.

For me tho it was truly amazing experience and honestly cannot wait to see what a development team like that can do, i think we forget this is there very first game on a home console, there other outings are on vita, I cannot believe what they have pulled off for there first attempt.

Evolve tho got good reviews???? and yet how could it, half the content is locked out for dlc, or to buy, the actual game is shocking there isn't anything to it, even free to play games come with more stuff.

Yeah, but a game that is strictly a 6-8 hour linear experience isn't worth full price, either. I already said this though.

Had The Order 1886 had more of the things I mentioned, I'm sure the scores would have been much better. What it did do, it did right- great gunplay, interesting and memorable characters, engaging storyline. It was just too short and lacked any extra content. They say this game has been in the making since 2010, so I guess it's safe to say those 5 years were spent on getting it the title "the best looking console game to date". Whatever.

On Evolve- yeah that game is terrible, I rented it once and was bored after one match. It offers even less than the Left 4 Dead franchise did, which is sad as those games came out like 7 years ago. I don't see how developers can get away with making a game like that either, but oh well...hopefully the industry is going to adapt to some standard's based off of critic and consumer response to newer games (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Evolve, The Order 1886)

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Only way to fix this one is to start over, kill off all the corporate dicks that made decisions for the devs and turn out a game worth playing. :)

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@ristactionjakso: I finished it in about 8 hours, took my time with it though

But still, that's not worth $60. And that falls into the quality & short gameplay versus quantity & longer gameplay debate. To me, I'd rather just wait until the 5-10 hour game to reach the $15 ish mark.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@ristactionjakso: yeah, that's the point of this thread. It's a great game, but nowhere near worth 60 bucks. Glad I rented it and only spent 4.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

less cut scenes and qte

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

So while this is a great game, most will agree that it is seriously lacking content and not worth a full retail price game. Here are my thoughts on some extra features that would have been cool, or maybe you can consider them ideas for a potential sequel:

Given the nature and style of the game (some chapters are short while others are strictly cutscenes) then the game needs at least 20-25 chapters.

Multiplayer: PvP. 4 on 4, Orders vs Rebels. Could be like a faster-paced Last of Us. Another idea would be to have a group of human players against a group of lycan players, could make for some very interesting gameplay. Perhaps the lycan could level up to defend against the higher-powered guns in the game.

A co-op could work, with small missions not canon to the story (I personally feel the single-player story works best). Maybe 2-4 players take control of The Order squad members in areas against rebels and/or lycan.

Thoughts?

Tacked on MP modes to games with shallow gameplay grinds my gears. I enjoy good MP but mostly in MP focused games.

Imagine if Mass Effect 2 was 5 hours and the only thing else it had was that PVP. Ok bad example because people enjoyed that PVP.

DRagon Age Inquisition, imagine it being 7 hours long, and only had PVP as extras. It would be atrocious. What The Order needs is better core gameplay. Mechanics, Elements, everything

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@bezza2011:

Besz I responded to you on ign

Well as you know I played it and it took 9 hrs on hard. I figured I would probably only want to play once before trading game in so I want the most challenging experience. I think the game should have been 20 plus chapters as well

With having about 3 of the chapters entirely a cutscene. I agree sbout a game greatness or lack there of isnt solely based on game length. I just think the order wasn't a great game even in those 6 hrs of gameplay and 3 hrs of cutscenes.

There were so many opportunities to masks the lycan fights more in control of the user with no Qte's besides a finish move. There should have been way more than 2 elder fights since the regular Wolves were mundane battles. I thought the game advertise mostly about the story involves lycans over the humans and nog humans vs hymns as the focus. Great Co op and/or MP added on would have lessen the blow to flaws of SP. I think a well done co op or mp could have possibly given game a 8/10. I like the lycans vs humans idea from guy who made post.

Abe's, I don't know how you think this game should be any more than ok. We can't be wowed by graphics alone to think a game with so many flaws is a great game. I think without MP or co op but a densely content heavy game with tons of areas to explore but still linear storyline would have suffice. The game felt undone and it was very little to explore. I took my time in the game and backtracked a lot even after a cutscenes in a new location. I rarely found a lot of interesting items. What was the point of newspapers you can't read but only the headlines? Why could RAD allow you to save those articles and zoom in to magnify the text of the article? Man there were so many design flaws and to call this a 8/10 is a disservice to RAD to be told the truth. Yes the game had great potential but things weren't. executed well besides solid shooting (not enough of it ) and graphics.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I think there will be a sequel, at least i hope there will be

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I do agree that it was very cutscene Heavy, and there are many flaws to it, I do think they have a good base ground now esp with there engine the game is designed in, now could go on to make a great game I mean surely if they can make the gameplay mimic the cutscenes flawlessly I don't see any reason why they can't bring out a game with alot of gameplay in it, I just have to remind myself, this is there first attempt at a home console release and the game is by far the best looking game out there, and that is saying something when you look at the development teams on the other games who have been doing games for years, All this game does for people is a reminded at what developers can do with the playstation 4

@jcrame10: I think a game which is 6-7 hours long which has a compelling and engaging story, which has great gameplay elements is well worth the full price tag in my eyes, this probably doesn't include The Order as much as I loved it, I agree the gameplay elements were very short and there are way to many cutscenes for most people.

It all comes down to what genres your into and I guess what mood your in, when you sit down and play, just like how you sit down to enjoy a movie, can come down to the mood your in, to which movie you watch.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#17 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: judging by how negative the order was received. .. it is hard saying there will be one

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

@The_Last_Ride: judging by how negative the order was received. .. it is hard saying there will be one

If you look at it from a broad perspective, the order was a hit or a miss with the general public. Sony has invested to much money in the order, I highly doubt they will let it go like that!

Even if it's just storybased DLC, where gonna see a sequel in some form or another. And if they can correct the mistakes of the order, I think it's a worth while franchise to support.

One of the main critics of the game is how uninspiring it is, which is somewhat true, but show me a game this-gen that has!

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

I've read and watched alot of reviews and seriously...is the game really that bad?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jcrame10

@ewalthour: Yep. Exactly. Look at Last of Us. Great, long story-driven SP. Amazing multiplayer. If any game was ever worth $60 + tax, it was Last of Us. The Order 1886 is not worth that same price when compared. It just has a decent story SP.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcrame10

@Izak80: It's not a bad game by any means, it's just not worth full price of a new game. I rented it from Family Video for like 4 bucks and that was worth it to me. Obviously, its worth more to own but still. I'd say the game is worth maybe $30 brand new. Like I said in the original post, I didnt really mind the cutscene and gameplay style, it's just if they are gonna go with this then the game needs like 25 chapters, not 16.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@jcrame10: TLOU has a great mp IMO. and this was a new iP. I do understand naughty dog has superior experience in big budget games to RAD but it felt like RAD was over their heads. The story which they claim to be the focus wasn't well explained either although the dialogue was written pretty good. Well it seems like a lot of people wanted to check out the game. So we should see a sequel and more content and creative gameplay should be more of a focus.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Izak80 said:

I've read and watched alot of reviews and seriously...is the game really that bad?

No!! The gameplay might not be revolutionary but it's at least solid! On my first playthrough, there where only a few chapters that I really liked, but the more I play it, the more I see that some of the review scores where B.S.

I would say that the game is between 7.5-8

DutchZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DutchZombie
Member since 2009 • 2659 Posts

The Order really doesn't necessarily need multiplayer. It needs more open gameplay (multiple options to handle specific encounters, less reliance on QTE's, better A.I., more versatile arenas). This way it would encourage more playthroughs.