Watched Crysis 2 Gameplay video N' WHAT THE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

Okay so the video started with some action and aliens poppin out in the city and I was a bit confused, shouldn't this look much better than MW2...? Then I thought OHHHHH its just starting up, maybe they have some type of stylish filter on the video and they'll remove it and it'll blow my mind with its awesome and epic Graphics! Then nothing happened...

From what I know about Crysis being on PC, It had pretty much the best realistic graphics anywhere, and since its coming to PS3 it'll even be better BUT it just looks like any other shooter nowadays, did I just buy into the hype of CGI images of the first Crysis and thought I would look almost real?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

Crisis2 is a graphical power house It might look better than KZ3 (well atleast the pc version will).

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Personally, i thought KZ3 looked better than the console version of Crysis 2.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RTUUMM

Personally, i thought KZ3 looked better than the console version of Crysis 2. shabab12

I havent really liked wat Im seeing of KZ3 (the snow level) but Im waiting to see more locations and other vids not from E3. KZ3 is day one buy for me any was, I never really been interested in CRISIS 2 but that one e3 gameplay vid I saw really impressed me.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="shabab12"]Personally, i thought KZ3 looked better than the console version of Crysis 2. RTUUMM

I havent really liked wat Im seeing of KZ3 (the snow level) but Im waiting to see more locations and other vids not from E3. KZ3 is day one buy for me any was, I never really been interested in CRISIS 2 but that one e3 gameplay vid I saw really impressed me.

i just love the vibe killzone sends out in its visuals. i think that is what makes it so appealing to me. Crysis looks too 'clean' if you know what i mean.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RTUUMM
[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

Personally, i thought KZ3 looked better than the console version of Crysis 2. shabab12

i just love the vibe killzone sends out in its visuals. i think that is what makes it so appealing to me. Crysis looks too 'clean' if you know what i mean.

lol no I dont, you mean its not chaotic enough and doesnt give you that feeling of hopelessness?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
i hate to bust your bubble but high end pcs are much more powerful than the ps3 hence the graphics for the console version have likely been toned down slightly. Yes I know the ps3 has a cell processor but thats not as powerful as it sounds and its graphics card is the same it was several years ago and pcs have moved on leaps and bounds since then. It makes sense that a pc, which could potentially use a multi GPU set up, is going to have access to the best graphics.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
no link?
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

I totally know what you mean. KZ2 looks like nothing else. Its dark, gritty, and uniquely sci-fi visual style is one of the major factors that sucked me in and made me fall head over heals for that game. More games should stop trying to look "real" and start trying to look "real cool." Crysis2 looks more like MW2 because they're both going for the same visual style. In the end, one will have better detailed textures or better character animations, but they'll both look like something we've already seen before. Either way, I'm positive Crysis 2 will be miles superior to MW2 in pretty much every way. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the game. Crysis, to me, was always about the gameplay anyway.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

We mustve seen different videos but the vid I seen was the 360 build and it was probably the best graphics on a console Ive seen.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Crysis 2 will actually look worse than 1 for a couple reasons. They're toning it down so the game can properly run on consoles, and the environments aren't nearly as pretty. I thought Crysis' graphics were overrated for the simple fact the environments were so repetitive (until near the end) but the game was still really fun. Still, vast jungles with lush vegetation and various bodies of water is much better than crumbling city. Still should be cool. But in the end I think Rage will take the new graphic's king crown.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Probably what will happen that in the end Killzone 3 will look better.

hitterofpeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hitterofpeople
Member since 2008 • 265 Posts
KZ3 will probably look better but I think Crysis 2 will be the better game...Well, I think so anyway. A sandbox NYC that looks amazing too, unlike Spiderman 3, should be amazing compared to another linear fps that has slightly better graphics and a mediocre online mode. I didn't like KZ2 that much so that's just my opinion. I thought the E3 video looked amazing, did you watch the entire video with the collapsing skyscraper?...Also, how many discs would you people say it's on on the Xbox360? My guess is 3.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

From what I've seen so far, Killzone 3 looks like an insanely fun game and Crysis 2 looks like a pretty generic shooter. I don't understand the big deal about graphics - I'm sure both games will look fantastic and the difference between the graphics is absurdly insignificant compared to the gameplay.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts

From what I've seen so far, Killzone 3 looks like an insanely fun game and Crysis 2 looks like a pretty generic shooter. I don't understand the big deal about graphics - I'm sure both games will look fantastic and the difference between the graphics is absurdly insignificant compared to the gameplay.

Jackc8
Killzone not generic? Really? Crysis lets you choose how to play. It's sandboxish. Killzone is linear and boring. Every single gun in Killzone two was a machine gun. None of the guns felt different at all.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
KZ3 style was eye grabbing and the combat looked brutal... Crysis 2 looked ok. I'll wait and see.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

Killzone not generic? Really? Crysis lets you choose how to play. It's sandboxish. Killzone is linear and boring. Every single gun in Killzone two was a machine gun. None of the guns felt different at all.

i'm pretty sure the shotgun i used was not a machine gun lol. not to mention the lightning gun, flamethrower, and bolt gun
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

zbdyx

You are so right, yet so so soooo wrong. KZ2 has a nice diversity of weapons including the insanely amazing lightning gun and each of them had their own feel to them. The game wasn't boring. It was brutal. The combat in that game and the most superior AI of any shooter I've ever played made it one hardcore game. Now, Crysis is a sandbox game and you do get options on how to approach combat, but if you really get down to it there's not as many options as one might think. There's a HUGE jungle out there, but there's really NO reason to be out there since the path from one battle to the next is still quite linear. Sure, you can run around town and stuff, but you could do that in KZ2 also. The AI is STUPID! I repeat: The AI is SOOO STUPID! Probably the most appealing thing about the game is making a fool out of those dumb-founded Koreans. And once you get to the latter stages you're trapped in some pretty tight corridors anyway. Anyway, my point is that other than the Nano Suit and the pretty jungle levels Crysis is as generic as they come. The guns, the scenery, the story.... I've seen and done it all before. KZ2, however, is almost from a completely different universe.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zbdyx
[QUOTE="AJC3317"][QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="Jackc8"] I felt the exact opposite. I explored Crysis numerous times. There was also (if I'm not mistaken) an AI mod that made them better. I could approach almost any situation in Crysis differently. In Killzone, I can't. I loved Killzone 1, and I was eagerly awaiting 2. It disappointed me heavily. On the other hand, Crysis was one of the best games this gen. From it's graphics, which aren't grey, white, brown, and black, to it's fun sandbox style gameplay. I should have edited my post. To me, all the machine guns felt the same. They did. I'm just saying that the machine guns all felt the same.
[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

TheEldestGod

You are so right, yet so so soooo wrong. KZ2 has a nice diversity of weapons including the insanely amazing lightning gun and each of them had their own feel to them. The game wasn't boring. It was brutal. The combat in that game and the most superior AI of any shooter I've ever played made it one hardcore game. Now, Crysis is a sandbox game and you do get options on how to approach combat, but if you really get down to it there's not as many options as one might think. There's a HUGE jungle out there, but there's really NO reason to be out there since the path from one battle to the next is still quite linear. Sure, you can run around town and stuff, but you could do that in KZ2 also. The AI is STUPID! I repeat: The AI is SOOO STUPID! Probably the most appealing thing about the game is making a fool out of those dumb-founded Koreans. And once you get to the latter stages you're trapped in some pretty tight corridors anyway. Anyway, my point is that other than the Nano Suit and the pretty jungle levels Crysis is as generic as they come. The guns, the scenery, the story.... I've seen and done it all before. KZ2, however, is almost from a completely different universe.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEldestGod
:P Its cool. The way we perceive these games obviously differ. I LIKE the black, white, and gray scenery. There was lots of RED, too. I would have appreciated the exploration on Crysis a bit more if there were actually something out there to discover. I swam all the way out to a small barrier island just to find that there was nothing there but a long swim back. They could have really done something with that! I just don't see the point in such a huge and fully rendered world if there's nothing to do there. To be honest, all that extra rendering is what made the game so impossible for most machines to run. Oh... I'm getting off track. Anyway, I'm sure Crysis 2 will be amazing, and I hope you still give KZ3 a shot and find something there to enjoy.
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

From what I know about Crysis being on PC, It had pretty much the best realistic graphics anywhere, and since its coming to PS3 it'll even be better BUT it just looks like any other shooter nowadays, did I just buy into the hype of CGI images of the first Crysis and thought I would look almost real?

Coolboy420x

sorry bro...but PC has WAY better graphics then PS3... When you see a high end video card pc game youll know for sure... ps3 is like a graphics card that cant be upgraded but was really good when it came out...

Pcs evolve...graphics cards can improve every year...month etc... its a double edged sword of course...as PC gaming can cost a lot of $ and Knowledge..( dun wanna fry your comp)

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

uso_outkast

sorry bro...but PC has WAY better graphics then PS3... When you see a high end video card pc game youll know for sure... ps3 is like a graphics card that cant be upgraded but was really good when it came out...

Pcs evolve...graphics cards can improve every year...month etc... its a double edged sword of course...as PC gaming can cost a lot of $ and Knowledge..( dun wanna fry your comp)

So so true. I paid over $400 for my HD4700s like a year ago and now they're totally outdone by the new stuff on the market. Its pretty sad how quickly PC components can become obsolete. Actually, that's one thing that's good about consoles: Saves tons of $$$$$$$!
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zbdyx
[QUOTE="uso_outkast"]

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

TheEldestGod

So so true. I paid over $400 for my HD4700s like a year ago and now they're totally outdone by the new stuff on the market. Its pretty sad how quickly PC components can become obsolete. Actually, that's one thing that's good about consoles: Saves tons of $$$$$$$!

They don't become obsolete. A lot of people still run 8800gts. If anything, you save money on the PC. Did you see the steam game sale. You can get over 100 games for under 500 dollars. That's an estimate. A good rig now can be built for 500-600. I'm getting way on track. IMO Crysis 2 will be better than KZ3.
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Coolboy420x

Sorry for neglecting my own post guys lols... So yaa Totally agree with the guy who said the game looks TOO CLEAN... can't explain why, even MGS4 looks better to me then Crysis 2. And I dont know who made this thread KZ3 versus C2 but I guess it was bound to happen. Thirdly, I made this post thinking of Crysis 1 in mind and I just thought of the snow field and compared it to the video below and C2 looks very bad compared to the first Crysis in my OPINION...

crysis-2/videos/marinesalvage

Joker1232003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Joker1232003
Member since 2003 • 1567 Posts
I don't expect Crysis on PS3 or Xbox to be anywhere are decent as the PC version. Cyrsis crippled some of the most powerful PC reguardless of the Game codes optimisation ect etc. Cyrsis will not perform as well on the Console, the same as Supreme commander didn't perform well on Console. Killzone will be awesome though :D
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="uso_outkast"]

zbdyx

They don't become obsolete. A lot of people still run 8800gts. If anything, you save money on the PC. Did you see the steam game sale. You can get over 100 games for under 500 dollars. That's an estimate. A good rig now can be built for 500-600. I'm getting way on track. IMO Crysis 2 will be better than KZ3.

Well, no, my HD4700s are by no means obsolete, but things that ran wonderfully a few years ago can barely scratch the surface of games like Crysis nowadays. I actually build my rig for around $700 bucks and its a powerhouse. For indy games, strategy and puzzle games, some RPGs, and FPSs I feel its the very best platform there is. ANYWAY, I think Crysis 2 will be great, but I know KZ2 will do a better job at appealling to my darker nature. :D

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Okay so the video started with some action and aliens poppin out in the city and I was a bit confused, shouldn't this look much better than MW2...? Then I thought OHHHHH its just starting up, maybe they have some type of stylish filter on the video and they'll remove it and it'll blow my mind with its awesome and epic Graphics! Then nothing happened...

From what I know about Crysis being on PC,It had pretty much the best realistic graphics anywhere, and since its coming to PS3 it'll even be better BUT it just looks like any other shooter nowadays, did I just buy into the hype of CGI images of the first Crysis and thought I would look almost real?

Coolboy420x

Ya... thats where u fail. PS3's are way more underpowered than computers now a days.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coolboy420x

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

From what I know about Crysis being on PC,It had pretty much the best realistic graphics anywhere, and since its coming to PS3 it'll even be better BUT it just looks like any other shooter nowadays, did I just buy into the hype of CGI images of the first Crysis and thought I would look almost real?

Papadrach

Ya... thats where u fail. PS3's are way more underpowered than computers now a days.

Umm... I know that dude, but Is it not even suppose to look better than Crysis 1? And How Much can it really improve on the PC? I dont wanna throw in #s b/c I've never played an actual game on a well powered PC...
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

dont expect crysis 2 being good on console.

1st one is a graphics showcase on pc...For gameplay, MW1 is a lot better than crysis 1.

they make 2nd one on console, but lol GPU from 05/06 and 512ram, there is nothing much they can do on console version.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zbdyx
[QUOTE="Papadrach"]

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

Coolboy420x

We have not seen much PC footage of crysis 2. Even so, Crysis 1 will be a hard one to beat. Umm... I know that dude, but Is it not even suppose to look better than Crysis 1? And How Much can it really improve on the PC? I dont wanna throw in #s b/c I've never played an actual game on a well powered PC...

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Theres to many fps games out. I was planning on getting crysis but i still have tons of online games i can play

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="uso_outkast"]

zbdyx

^^ Yes, but you never physically own those games. 20 years from now I can still play my Metal Gear Solid. 20 years from now will you have access to your steam account?

kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

We mustve seen different videos but the vid I seen was the 360 build and it was probably the best graphics on a console Ive seen.

Shirokishi_
Had to throw in that it was 360...lol............anyway not that i think 360 is more powerful then ps3, i acctually think the ps3 over 360 but crysis 2 probably will look better on 360, alot of devs do that because there too lazy working with the complexity of the ps3
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zbdyx

[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] So so true. I paid over $400 for my HD4700s like a year ago and now they're totally outdone by the new stuff on the market. Its pretty sad how quickly PC components can become obsolete. Actually, that's one thing that's good about consoles: Saves tons of $$$$$$$!Fightingfan

^^ Yes, but you never physically own those games. 20 years from now I can still play my Metal Gear Solid. 20 years from now will you have access to your steam account?

That is true, but I doubt steam will end anytime soon. As long as there is PC gaming, there will probably be steam. Even then I get my PC games from the store new for 30-50 dollars.
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

Crisis2 is a graphical power house It might look better than KZ3 (well atleast the pc version will).

RTUUMM
personally, I don't see a game looking better than KZ2 and what KZ3 will become, graphically. But thats just me though
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

Temps567

personally, I don't see a game looking better than KZ2 and what KZ3 will become, graphically. But thats just me though

Sorry but KZ2 can't be crysis at max. I love my ps3 but i'm not blinded to the fact there are better games on a technical level.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zbdyx

[QUOTE="Temps567"][QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

yoda4ps3

Sorry but KZ2 can't be crysis at max. I love my ps3 but i'm not blinded to the fact there are better games on a technical level.

I also hate that people only bring up crysis. Stalker, Arma, and a lot of other games are better looking.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Temps567"][QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

yoda4ps3

Yes, but I doubt Crysis can beat Killzone2 if they both run with the same specs. 512MB of ram?
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Man, anyone who thinks crysis 2 is "just another generic shooter" really needs to open their eyes. Crysis 1 was probably one of the best FPS games ever, AND I AM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS. It had absolutely amazing gameplay. Now, just because Cry2 is set in NYC, that does NOT mean is generic. Nomad is in the friggin' NANOSUIT! Prepare to be blown away my friends.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zbdyx

Man, anyone who thinks crysis 2 is "just another generic shooter" really needs to open their eyes. Crysis 1 was probably one of the best FPS games ever, AND I AM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS. It had absolutely amazing gameplay. Now, just because Cry2 is set in NYC, that does NOT mean is generic. Nomad is in the friggin' NANOSUIT! Prepare to be blown away my friends.

UnrealLegend
Nomad isn't in it. lol
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
crysis2 and kz3 looks gorgeous for me day one purhase both
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

zbdyx

Nomad isn't in it. lol

what? really? How can it be a sequel if if the main protagonist isn't in it?

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zbdyx

[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

UnrealLegend

Nomad isn't in it. lol

That's what I was thinking. They replaced him with someone else. Not like Nomad was a deep character or anything. He just did everything the Prophet told him to do.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="zbdyx"] Nomad isn't in it. lolzbdyx

That's what I was thinking. They replaced him with someone else. Not like Nomad was a deep character or anything. He just did everything the Prophet told him to do.

could you give me a link to some info on this please?

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zbdyx

[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

UnrealLegend

could you give me a link to some info on this please?

I had to dig for it, but there. http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=889&Itemid=1
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
I'm on the same boat. I thought that KZ3 and Rage on the 360 looked better than Crysis 2 on the 360, and I think that will hold true for the PS3 versions as well. All three looked great though.