Watch Dogs = Mind BLOWN!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Where do I start? This game is fvcking amazing and beautiful! From the graphics right down to the core gameplay, the city feels so alive, everything feels fresh and god I'm so glad I picked this game up on day 1, it has lived up far beyond my expectations.

Let me just start off by saying the graphics have blown me away, this is not even a next-gen only release and it already looks this great, I can't even begin to imagine what Arkham Knight and The Order 1886 have installed for us. Watch Dogs gameplay is just beautiful, there is so much to do and the city is so vibrant with life. I've played for about 8-10 hours since yesterday and let me tell you my completion level is only on 4% lol.

Ubisoft, thank you so much for delivering with this game. So far from what I've played I'm rating this game around the 9.5 outta 10 mark. I just hope later on in the game it continues to stay this interesting and this fun.

To all of you out there, do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of Watch Dogs. You'll be doing yourself a BIG favour and you owe it to yourselves. Anyways, now I'd like to focus on reviews from the major sites, I don't think much of them have been fair with their reviews, Gamespot only gave it an 8 out of 10?

I think it deserves a much higher score than that and I've barely even scratched the surface of the game. Oh and before I forget the online system is executed perfectly. I've only been hacked a few times, but it's so exhilarating and fun and it doesn't feel forced at all. That's all I'm going to say about it, I don't want to spoil it much, hehe.

Gosh I need to shut the hell up and dive my way back into the glorious city of Chicago now.. It might be early on, but does anyone else feel the same way?

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I haven't started yet. I'm going out to watch the State of Origin tonight. So, maybe on the weekend.

Have fun!

DanWensing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DanWensing
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Are you serious about the graphics? It looks like a PS3 game.

But as I dont care about the graphics, I am enjoying the game so far.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I'm buying it today!

@BattleSpectre Any idea how long this game is? I haven't found out the information yet.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i started out only to check out the first few missions and see for myself whether the hype or the news about it being a broken game were true... then i played for four hours straight... the game is very smooth, i did not encounter a single bug / glitch / whatever...

at the moment it looks like the game deserves the 8 / 10 review and above, but since i only started playing yesterday i cannot make such a statement... as far as the missions, graphics and open world play go, this game is about what i expected (i didn't expect this game to "change my world", it is a game) from its previews...

i wasn't hacked during my playing time, so i cannot say anything about the online portion, but it has tons of side missions, seems to have a good variety as well... so far so good, i am anxious to play it again... :D

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#6 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

@BattleSpectre What console should I get Watch Dogs on?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I'm only like 2 hours in at the most and it seems pretty cool so far. Not mind blowing though, that is for sure.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

I can't connect to their sever :(

Is it important that I do connect ?

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Strongly disagree, I got it on Steam and my god its terrible, the controls on PC anyway are retarded, car missions are impossible you swerve across the street at the tap of the button. The whole game is go here, okay now go her, now go here, the mouse in the menu is terrible, maybe it was made for a controller, the random people joining and fucking with your game is stupid and annoying, the cop chases are ridicules, aiming with the gun is hard, again maybe cause I'm using a mouse, in 3 hours all I accomplished was dieing 3 times. 5/10 so far. I'm 7 hours in and the longer I play it the more I hate it, I hadn't bought a Ubisoft game since ZombiU back in 2012, thats right I went all 2013 without a game of theirs, I gave them a 2nd chance and man did they spit in my face, once again my support for Ubisoft is dead.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Last Ubisoft game I played was Rainbow Six Vegas and I bought it used. I do not like their games really. Well thats it, just felt compelled to let people know.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I'm guessing your playing this on the PS4?

I'll admit, the graphics let me down...but... am I naive if I was hoping the graphics would be equal to the 2012 E3 Showcase? I've been looking at lots of comparison footage between the PS4-version and the 2012 E3 clip... that gets me down.

There's something wrong with the faces of people...they look odd. They should at least included a few sets of female hands, I know, but I do notice the details. Also, people's mouths look weird...like they constantly grin or "show teeth".

Also the sounds are poor. Every corner I come across there seems to be black people rapping the same, damn rap song every time. Cars and motorcycles sound horrible! Honestly! The dirt bike sounds like a smoothie maker!

But there are many great things about the game: the animations, and the lively streets are great. I love all the work put into the animations. Earlier I visited a camping site. By a table there sat a woman and a man, drinking. When she was done, she attempted to throw the bottle into the nearby bin, but she missed... she got up, picked the bottle up and dropped it into the bin. Love these little details. Also Aiden is such a "cool customer". Love how nonchalantly he saunters through the city with his hands in his coat. Great! Only wish they'd cream even more work into the graphics before launch... but I am glad they spent the extra six months tuning the game, making it better (?)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW

@Master_Of_Fools: I haven't had those problems on PC, but I am using a controller. Polygon has an article up saying the mouse support is terrible. I imagine Ubi would patch that shortly but it doesn't bother me. :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

I'm only like 2 hours in at the most and it seems pretty cool so far. Not mind blowing though, that is for sure.

Yeah same. I'm enjoying it, but it's not blowing my mind.

As for the graphics, it looks good but again, not blowing my mind.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre

@marcheegsr said:

I'm buying it today!

@BattleSpectre Any idea how long this game is? I haven't found out the information yet.

Enjoy the game mate and no idea how long it is, but judging from what I've played and how much missions the game has I'm guessing a long bloody time lol. Especially when there's so much things to be distracted by in Chicago.

@GH05T-666 said:

@BattleSpectre What console should I get Watch Dogs on?

Whatever you want, you'll still be playing the same game as everyone else. I went with the PS4 version because of the exclusive missions and bonuses that came with the game.

@mep69 said:

I can't connect to their sever :(

Is it important that I do connect ?

It's not overly important, but it is a main feature of the game that's done very nicely in my opinion. I wouldn't let that stop you from playing the game though.

@_Judas_ said:

I'm guessing your playing this on the PS4?

I'll admit, the graphics let me down...but... am I naive if I was hoping the graphics would be equal to the 2012 E3 Showcase? I've been looking at lots of comparison footage between the PS4-version and the 2012 E3 clip... that gets me down.

There's something wrong with the faces of people...they look odd. They should at least included a few sets of female hands, I know, but I do notice the details. Also, people's mouths look weird...like they constantly grin or "show teeth".

Also the sounds are poor. Every corner I come across there seems to be black people rapping the same, damn rap song every time. Cars and motorcycles sound horrible! Honestly! The dirt bike sounds like a smoothie maker!

But there are many great things about the game: the animations, and the lively streets are great. I love all the work put into the animations. Earlier I visited a camping site. By a table there sat a woman and a man, drinking. When she was done, she attempted to throw the bottle into the nearby bin, but she missed... she got up, picked the bottle up and dropped it into the bin. Love these little details. Also Aiden is such a "cool customer". Love how nonchalantly he saunters through the city with his hands in his coat. Great! Only wish they'd cream even more work into the graphics before launch... but I am glad they spent the extra six months tuning the game, making it better (?)

There was no downgrade whatsoever. That E3 2012 footage was taken straight from a beast of a PC, no surprise really when you think about it. Oh and yes I'm playing on the PS4 version.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Finally somebody has something nice to say about the graphics.... Luckily for me that was never the point, I never thought they were bad.... I just didn't care.

From what I'm hearing its sounds like you like the gameplay for quantative reasons (just like Skyrim and GTA V), I'm not interested in how many things there are to do and for how long. How deep are they ? Thats what I wana know.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Finally somebody has something nice to say about the graphics.... Luckily for me that was never the point, I never thought they were bad.... I just didn't care.

From what I'm hearing its sounds like you like the gameplay for quantative reasons (just like Skyrim and GTA V), I'm not interested in how many things there are to do and for how long. How deep are they ? Thats what I wana know.

I'd love to answer that question, but with my currently progress I don't think it'd be fair. I'll get back to you when I'm halfway through the game and really see what this game has to offer in terms of side content.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@BattleSpectre

Length is another thing.... GTA V was super repetitive.... You experienced everything there was to experience in 5 hours.... The the other 20 hours was just reusing the same mechanics in different place.... The Entire Uncharted Trilogy was like this too and I hate it for it..... But repetition is not an Issue..... As long as its Deep.... Thats how Games like DMC and The Last Of Us work.

Another thing I want to know, especially in an open world game, is how Open Ended it is ? freedom in space is good but how free is the gameplay ? How many ways can I do the same mission ?

Good games that do this well can don't need to be long since you can't just replay them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Got the Dedsec edition, i am really having a good time with the game. I am not even done with the first act and i have player around 6 hours. There is just soo much to do.

Loading Video...

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Judas_

@The_Last_Ride: this is true! Not only are there many things to do, but there are many things to do which are fun! This is something I have always felt the GTA-games, failed to achieve. I am having fun just walking, yea, stroling not running, through the city and intercepting data.
The investigations are fun and interesting, mixing it up.

I don't like the Fixer Contracts, but this is because I suck at driving :p

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre
@_Judas_ said:

@The_Last_Ride: this is true! Not only are there many things to do, but there are many things to do which are fun! This is something I have always felt the GTA-games, failed to achieve. I am having fun just walking, yea, stroling not running, through the city and intercepting data.

The investigations are fun and interesting, mixing it up.

I don't like the Fixer Contracts, but this is because I suck at driving :p

Glad to know I'm not the only one, I know I've stressed the point enough, but I friggen LOVE this game. I too love roaming around the city (I especially love how Aiden walks like such a badass, with his hands in his pockets) to see what sort of mischief I can get up to.

One of the funniest things I've done in the game so far was hacking into a bridge and opening it up as cars were still on it. What followed after that had me laughing for a while, the cars began to roll down the bridge and crash into the traffic below them. This caused a crazy amount of people honking the horn and swear words being thrown around to one another. And the best part was I was the one who caused it, just standing there like a boss watching it unfold, and they didn't even have a clue it was me.

You don't even have to participate in campaign or side missions in watch dogs, you could literally spend hours in the game figuring out ways to disrupt the city with your hacking skills, this game is too much fun yo.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Got this game today and loving it. So much to do. Such a beautiful city to explore and do random stuff in. I could see myself playing this game for a really long time.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre

@marcheegsr said:

Got this game today and loving it. So much to do. Such a beautiful city to explore and do random stuff in. I could see myself playing this game for a really long time.

Glad you're enjoying it, I agree 100%.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _Judas_

Two things that annoy me:

1) No shade on Aiden's face from the brim of the cap.

2) No jump button. I love using the "free run-button", but It would be great to have jump button, or if the mount/climb/vault-button could be used as a jump button when not close to any vaultable structure.

Great game, though

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: I am defending gta5 with this ridiculous comment that gameplay is repetitive after 5 hrs. It takes you 5 hrs to get to parachuting and flying not to mention all the golf you can play and tennis and helicopter missions. This is just a plain foolish comment. You can dislike GTA 5 for its story but not it's missions and the great executed tandem gameplay plus a reason to make money to get all the goodies and own businesses that make you money.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

@ewalthour

As a former advocate of Open World games.... Those things Suck !

Repitition is not a bad thing as long as the gameplay is great. Open World games compensate for this by using 50 Shallow features instead of a single good one. Games like that are obviously for people who go for the novel experiences over the good experiences.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#26  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

There was no downgrade whatsoever. That E3 2012 footage was taken straight from a beast of a PC, no surprise really when you think about it. Oh and yes I'm playing on the PS4 version.

Then explain why the E3 2012 footage had cool little visuals like trash and random little debris blowing and rolling around on the ground in the wind.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Kevlar101 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Then explain why the E3 2012 footage had cool little visuals like trash and random little debris blowing and rolling around on the ground in the wind.

Because maybe you can't read? That was the PC version shown all a long like I originally stated in my post. What we're seeing now is the PS4 version.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MethodManFTW

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ewalthour

Repitition is not a bad thing as long as the gameplay is great. Open World games compensate for this by using 50 Shallow features instead of a single good one. Games like that are obviously for people who go for the novel experiences over the good experiences.

Rami of Vlambeer summed up Watch_Dogs the best so far... A focused Cyber GTA crossed with Split/Second. That is totally spot on for me. When I play GTA games I skip all the dumb mini games like pool, golf, whatever and just play the story missions and some of the better side missions, which is exactly what I'm doing with Watch Dogs... And the Split/Second comparison is pretty much 100% accurate, all you really use your hacking for is to evade enemies and police as you drive away... It's super satisfying to blow up an underground steam pipe right as you drive past it blowing up your pursuing enemies.

So far, I like Watch Dogs. It is definitely not great, but it's not bad. I'm having a good time with it. But yeah, nothing about my time with Watch Dogs could be accurately described as a "novel experience" over a "good experience".

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@Lulu_Lulu: I am defending gta5 with this ridiculous comment that gameplay is repetitive after 5 hrs. It takes you 5 hrs to get to parachuting and flying not to mention all the golf you can play and tennis and helicopter missions. This is just a plain foolish comment. You can dislike GTA 5 for its story but not it's missions and the great executed tandem gameplay plus a reason to make money to get all the goodies and ownbusinesses that make you money.

No. Those were poorly designed turds.

You make such little money that it makes virtually no difference.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BattleSpectre
@MethodManFTW said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ewalthour

Rami of Vlambeer summed up Watch_Dogs the best so far... A focused Cyber GTA crossed with Split/Second. That is totally spot on for me. When I play GTA games I skip all the dumb mini games like pool, golf, whatever and just play the story missions and some of the better side missions, which is exactly what I'm doing with Watch Dogs... And the Split/Second comparison is pretty much 100% accurate, all you really use your hacking for is to evade enemies and police as you drive away... It's super satisfying to blow up an underground steam pipe right as you drive past it blowing up your pursuing enemies.

So far, I like Watch Dogs. It is definitely not great, but it's not bad. I'm having a good time with it. But yeah, nothing about my time with Watch Dogs could be accurately described as a "novel experience" over a "good experience".

Come on mate, that's not the only reason you use hacking for in this game. I like to hack into people's bank accounts and get money, I like invading into people's private lives and see what they're hiding, when in missions rather than using my weapons I like to hack into the cameras and kill enemies off with explosions and traps. Those are only some of the small things you can use hacking for to your advantage in this game, the hacking in this game deserves more credit than just "Oh you only really use it to evade police chasers".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@BattleSpectre

You're suppose to team up with him to disprove me..... That Anti-Trolling 101..... You can correct him latet...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MethodManFTW

@BattleSpectre: True, I forgot the camera stuff, that is all good. But I use the driving/evasion stuff most. The money stuff is pointless to me so far... I don't need to buy any cars, and my weapons are all good enough. The actual "invade personal space" or whatever scenarios are pretty unsettling, but there aren't very many of those.. I think the ctOS that populates is generally kinda dumb.. Just a sentence that says "Watches porn" "Buys lingerie" "has cancer", etc... If there isn't any context to the people they are attributed to it doesn't really matter.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BattleSpectre
@MethodManFTW said:

@BattleSpectre: True, I forgot the camera stuff, that is all good. But I use the driving/evasion stuff most. The money stuff is pointless to me so far... I don't need to buy any cars, and my weapons are all good enough. The actual "invade personal space" or whatever scenarios are pretty unsettling, but there aren't very many of those.. I think the ctOS that populates is generally kinda dumb.. Just a sentence that says "Watches porn" "Buys lingerie" "has cancer", etc... If there isn't any context to the people they are attributed to it doesn't really matter.

I'm not going to lie that sentence made me laugh, literally too. Yeah you're definitely right on those points. Although, I also like hearing the conversations going on between NPCs on footpaths etc, I haven't been paying too much attention to them, so I'm not sure if they just recycle the conversations with different NPC's like most games do these days.

But yeah I don't get why people say the world doesn't feel alive in Watch Dogs, in my opinion I think it feels more alive and vibrant than what GTA V's NPCs did. Just the animations alone blow me away, little things I saw whilst observing like someone aiming his coffee cup at a bin throwing it only to miss, than walking over to it again, picking it straight back up and throwing it into the actual bin this time. Just small details like that makes the world in Watch Dogs feel so alive to me, and I hope I'm not the only one.

I'm on act 4 at the moment and close to finishing the story, and I'm still loving it every bit as much as when I made this thread. Ubisoft did an amazing job with this game, and I see myself playing it for a very long time, even long after I finished the main campaign. And with open world games like this one I usually stop playing them after finishing the main campaign, so that says a lot.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have just started playing Watch Dogs and battle spectre u are right everything feels so alive i love going up to the NPC'S and see what they have to say to me.

I'm playing this on my Xbox One and even tho its 720p its still a good looking game and i have never been to chicago so playing this game is so refreshing bro.

This game will keep me busy for a long time.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BattleSpectre

@sukraj said:

I have just started playing Watch Dogs and battle spectre u are right everything feels so alive i love going up to the NPC'S and see what they have to say to me.

I'm playing this on my Xbox One and even tho its 720p its still a good looking game and i have never been to chicago so playing this game is so refreshing bro.

This game will keep me busy for a long time.

Haha thank god, someone who finally agrees with me on the world and graphics. I agree Sukraj, enjoy the game man.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BattleSpectre

Just a quick update, I finished the game about 10 minutes ago, and in my journey - woah! What a great experience I had. Now even though I've finished the campaign I'm going to dive into Watch Dogs side content and see everything it has to offer. I also hope to keep this thread going too, maybe even 6 months later to see what newcomers to the game have to say about it.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MondasM

i have played for more than 20 hours and haven't even finished second act, some areas are out of side missions though, well as long as random ctos scans do not reveal new ones... :)

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

My son likes it a lot. Only the 2nd PS4 game he's been interested in. He was playing his PS3 mostly until I got this game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BattleSpectre

@MondasM said:

i have played for more than 20 hours and haven't even finished second act, some areas are out of side missions though, well as long as random ctos scans do not reveal new ones... :)

Nice man, I was checking out the season pass and for $25 I'm really tempted. Besides some other missions and games modes apparently there's a new campaign where you get to play as (I won't mention the characters name, because it'll spoil it for you). Are going to consider the season pass once you're finished with the game, or better yet - Do you already have it?

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MondasM

@BattleSpectre: i had pre-ordered the gold edition with the season pass, i am looking forward to the release date of destiny, which is three months away, so i needed a game with more longevity, that is why i am trying to finish up all of the side missions before completing the campaign as well... :)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ewalthour

I just started act 3. The game us pretty good but far from great. I skipped all of the side missions to finish campaign. It's fun playing with npc's using hacking but you can easily go in blasting and get the same results. Hacking makes it easier to finish a mission.

I've tried to get over my high expectations and some of them were valid. I still have a hard time with the beat boxing stereotype that ubisoft give to black people in the ghetto. First of all, no one beat boxers anymore and if they do it surely isn't on every corner. Ubisoft do your homework. If you have someone beatboxing also have someone raping to the beatboxer not seperate rappers and beat boxers on different corners. It really feel as if they are insulting hip hop culture (black people) especially with the weak ass same rap lyrics. It makes me want to protest the game for this BS. What I do is everytime I see them beat boxing I walk over and disrupt it by walking into them

Rapping takes alot of skill although most people only hear the junk on the radio not the old school lyrics that also had self awareness,social consciousness and political awareness subjects etc. Hip hop isnt about how much money...cars and women you have that is promoted on the radio. I can even makes entire albums where there is very few curses.

If others were made fun of like the hill billies in gta 5 then I don't have a problem with it but everyone else is civilize in watchdog. The only thing that covers up watch dog ridicule of black people is the fact the gang banger Iraq is a smart guy.

bri000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bri000
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Not overly blown away by it. Its a fun game, and I agree with someone above, just strolling around having and causing havoc is fun. I tell you something about having all cars run the stop lights never seems to get old. HAHAHA. The thing to my thats most bothersome about the graphics are the inconsistencies in the textures. There are somethings that are just awesome to look at and a lot not so much. One scene that sticks out is when Aiden first goes over to his sisters house and they are talking, his face looks decently real, hers, like something out of a early PS1 game, just seems to throw off the immersion into the game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ewalthour

@bri000: yeah the graphics are inconsistent and that cutscene looks ofmdd and does look like a ps2 game. Heavy rain graphics look better than that scene. I think watchdog had next gen after thought and was intended for old systems. Thaw game have good graphics probably in areas where they started converting their efforts to the ps4.

I can truly say no scenes in watchdog are great just good now I have second son to compare it to. Yes I know watch dog probably uses more processes with I more lively city with people and congestion in the city. The city does places where it's sparsely occupied when it should be dense traffic.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BattleSpectre

@ewalthour said:

I just started act 3. The game us pretty good but far from great. I skipped all of the side missions to finish campaign. It's fun playing with npc's using hacking but you can easily go in blasting and get the same results. Hacking makes it easier to finish a mission.

I've tried to get over my high expectations and some of them were valid. I still have a hard time with the beat boxing stereotype that ubisoft give to black people in the ghetto. First of all, no one beat boxers anymore and if they do it surely isn't on every corner. Ubisoft do your homework. If you have someone beatboxing also have someone raping to the beatboxer not seperate rappers and beat boxers on different corners. It really feel as if they are insulting hip hop culture (black people) especially with the weak ass same rap lyrics. It makes me want to protest the game for this BS. What I do is everytime I see them beat boxing I walk over and disrupt it by walking into them

Rapping takes alot of skill although most people only hear the junk on the radio not the old school lyrics that also had self awareness,social consciousness and political awareness subjects etc. Hip hop isnt about how much money...cars and women you have that is promoted on the radio. I can even makes entire albums where there is very few curses.

If others were made fun of like the hill billies in gta 5 then I don't have a problem with it but everyone else is civilize in watchdog. The only thing that covers up watch dog ridicule of black people is the fact the gang banger Iraq is a smart guy.

That's actually a good way of looking at it, BUT I don't think - well hey, I don't really know but I doubt ubisoft purposely tried to be racist with those scenes. It's a videogame and it doesn't have to be 100% true to life, it's why we play videogames after all - to escape reality. I just feel like they wanted to create a "Ghetto" atmosphere, and I don't think they would have made Iraq so smart if they thought every black person beat boxers on the side of the street.

I'm not calling you out or anything, but I think you're overthinking this just a little bit.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Best open world game i have played on my next gen console.

TupacNasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TupacNasir
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

@BattleSpectre: I agree, dude! I think people unfairly judged this game based solely on the E3 gameplay video, which I never do. The game is just plain fun. The Spider-Tank in the Digital Trips options is so fun and addictive, I wish it was a whole game!!!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

It's a bit late to agree with a 1-year post.

TupacNasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TupacNasir
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

@Juub1990: It's never too late!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BattleSpectre

@TupacNasir: Unfortunately yes it is. Please don't bump old threads as it's against the rules of this site, I will now be locking this. Thanks.