wat are your thoughts on lair??? (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for solidsnakechamp
solidsnakechamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 solidsnakechamp
Member since 2005 • 799 Posts
i personally think it will do good. this game looks preety cool. there were somethings i didnt like, like the fighting sequence when your fighting dragon versus dragon, the blood looked fake coming out. the water looks pretty good, when your flying or just on the ground. the peole though, dont look as inteleigent as they should. the AI looks like they dont know wat to do, if you see closly in the interview, when the dragon is landing burning the living hell out of everyone, you notice the AI just running around in circles and some were throwing arrows, but the majority didnt. i just hope the AI are smart, the game has a good story to it, the game is long, and that they leave some extras for when you beat the game. the character models look pretty good to. if you look closly, you could see the little indents people have in there faces which look pretty cool. i just hope this game livws up to our expectations. if hey could fix a couple of things in the game that i have notices or if you have notied, then im sure this game will do great. ;)
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
dunno flying around on a dragon on every level does tend to get Boring Textures and the graphics look nice but Gameplay is gonna slack i reckon i might buy it i wouldnt say a AAA 4 this 1
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
It all looks gorgeous atleast for late alpha build. It seems like they need to fine tune some things like the framerate and controls, but this looks like a must-own game.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#4 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
It's a rental to me.
Serra86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Serra86
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The grass in the video looks ps2-ish, like very evenly seperated with empty spaces in between.The slow-motion part looks great though might wait for reviews b4 getting.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
"It look very good." Wow. And I thought my public school taught me nothing.
solidsnakechamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 solidsnakechamp

"It look very good." Wow. And I thought my public school taught me nothing. CyanX73

sorry u wanted me to say it looks fanstastic!!!, extraordianry, marvelous?????

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
dunno flying around on a dragon on every level does tend to get Boring Textures and the graphics look nice but Gameplay is gonna slack i reckon i might buy it i wouldnt say a AAA 4 this 1Whiteknight19
what seeing a gun on the screen spining in circles isn't
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
The fact that it's a flight combat game made by Factor 5 is enough to make it a definite buy for me.
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
nope i like action like HS
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
It all looks gorgeous atleast for late alpha build. It seems like they need to fine tune some things like the framerate and controls, but this looks like a must-own game.jyoung312
this is not a arguing response but ign said in the hands on that there was no slowdowns at all. just telling you not correcting you peace
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

The fact that it's a flight combat game made by Factor 5 is enough to make it a definite buy for me.Ryeferd

Agreed, Somehow Factor 5 made flying X Wings interesting and different in each level so I have faith they can do the same with Dragons.  From the article, it sounds like there will be many different goals in the levels like destroying buildings, taking out land units, etc.   Sounds like it will be a lot more than just flying around and shooting fireballs at things.   Cant wait to play the demo soon.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
fire-breathing dragon vs. giant rhino/floating manta rays=MUST BUY!!:D
Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silosorz
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
Not very interested.
el-tope-pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 el-tope-pr
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts
it looks good but i dont see it as a ps3 seller.but id wait for reviews if i were u guys
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CyanX73

it looks good but i dont see it as a ps3 seller.but id wait for reviews if i were u guysel-tope-pr

Don't you mean "it look good?" 

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
it looks good but i dont see it as a ps3 seller.but id wait for reviews if i were u guysel-tope-pr
Well thank the lord you're not me casue I'll getting this one as soon as it drops. I've been gaming for over 2 decades now so I pretty much know what to look for in game previews and I've seen enough for me to get it ASAP.
wsrep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wsrep
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts
the trailer is sweet but its always about the gameplay and stroyline for me.
solidsnakechamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 solidsnakechamp

[QUOTE="el-tope-pr"]it looks good but i dont see it as a ps3 seller.but id wait for reviews if i were u guysCyanX73

u guys are haterz, this isnt a english forum inwhich you have to use persice spelling. lol

Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Warkunt
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts

in an earlier post someone said something like "flying all the time will get boring" or something. i see.. you know what i find boring? the fact that Microsoft revolves around mindless shooting games and no originality. apparently, all of their games look exactly the same because it's hard to tell the difference. it's like, whenever i see a Microsoft game i don't have to know it was made by Microsoft to know it's theirs. due to every character in a Microsoft exclusive game having to wear huge, 500 pound armor most of the time. that's not very original to me. at least Lair is doing something different. does Sony ever stick to a certain "look" in all of their games? i don't think so. all Xbox games look the same and i'm not the only person that has ever said this.

but anyway. i am really looking forward to buying Lair. one of the first PS3 games i ever saw that actually showed me what the PS3 could do with real detail. and for those saying it's just about flying, maybe you should consider seeing an eye doctor whenever you can. and when that's done, read more than one Lair article thanks

big7boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 big7boss
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

The game looks great. if you compare the gameplay vids of this game at TGS with this new stuff, you will see that factor 5 has made huge strides to the over all look and gameplay of the game. so with 3 months left in development i have no doubt that this will be a GREAT  game when its released. Ripping the heads off those toros and sending it flying in slow motion with blood squirting everywhere, knocking a guy off his dragon and punching him in the back of the head while he plummets to the ground, and how about that boss battle at the end of that video clip; they didn't even show the whole fight yet it still looked bad ass. those of you who are complaining about a couple bad looking patches of grass and fire effects (which will most likely be addressed in the next 3 months) need to rethink what constitutes a great game!!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
It look average to me. I'd rather play Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 to be honest. We'll how it plays once it gets released. I'm not too excited about it. The only games I'm really looking forward to is Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. Original IP's that might help sell PS3's.
digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 digimod
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

It look average to me. I'd rather play Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 to be honest. We'll how it plays once it gets released. I'm not too excited about it. The only games I'm really looking forward to is Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. Original IP's that might help sell PS3's. blackace

Panzer Dragoon Orta!  Now that is a game I would LOVE to see taken into the new generation in one form or another (developers please take note).  One of my favorite games from the last generation and so unique and beautiful.

dean

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts

It look average to me. I'd rather play Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 to be honest. We'll how it plays once it gets released. I'm not too excited about it. The only games I'm really looking forward to is Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. Original IP's that might help sell PS3's. blackace

original IPs might get more hardcore gamers but contining with classic IP will get teh casuals 

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CyanX73
[QUOTE="CyanX73"]

[QUOTE="el-tope-pr"]it looks good but i dont see it as a ps3 seller.but id wait for reviews if i were u guyssolidsnakechamp

u guys are haterz, this isnt a english forum inwhich you have to use persice spelling. lol

Hey man, don't get mad at me. I agree with you. "It look good." 

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

in an earlier post someone said something like "flying all the time will get boring" or something. i see.. you know what i find boring? the fact that Microsoft revolves around mindless shooting games and no originality. apparently, all of their games look exactly the same because it's hard to tell the difference. it's like, whenever i see a Microsoft game i don't have to know it was made by Microsoft to know it's theirs. due to every character in a Microsoft exclusive game having to wear huge, 500 pound armor most of the time. that's not very original to me. at least Lair is doing something different. does Sony ever stick to a certain "look" in all of their games? i don't think so. all Xbox games look the same and i'm not the only person that has ever said this.

but anyway. i am really looking forward to buying Lair. one of the first PS3 games i ever saw that actually showed me what the PS3 could do with real detail. and for those saying it's just about flying, maybe you should consider seeing an eye doctor whenever you can. and when that's done, read more than one Lair article thanks

Warkunt

i agree to the fact that this game will be original, there really arent much games around like this one which will make it interesting

Mecamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mecamatt
Member since 2006 • 1337 Posts

Warkunt

What games? Gears....Halo...? Anything else?

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Flying dragons fighting each other: Not my cup of tea.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I already like flying games. And this one doesn't look to be any different. I won't buy it though. A definite must rent.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30 pyromaniac
Member since 2002 • 81 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"]It look average to me. I'd rather play Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2 to be honest. We'll how it plays once it gets released. I'm not too excited about it. The only games I'm really looking forward to is Heavenly Sword and Uncharted. Original IP's that might help sell PS3's. digimod

Panzer Dragoon Orta!  Now that is a game I would LOVE to see taken into the new generation in one form or another (developers please take note).  One of my favorite games from the last generation and so unique and beautiful.

dean

Agree with you 100%.  That was the first thing I thought when I heard of Lair.  If they can make it as good as Panzer Dragoon, then Lair will definitely be a great game.   And if Lair surpasses Panzer Dragoon, then it will be one of the premium tiltles for Playstation 3.  Just like you said, developers should try to learn something from that game.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i'm still very sceptic. some elements of the game impress me, but there is still a great deal of doubt.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it looks pretty good, i'll definitely check it out
Avatar image for gamingwarrior95
gamingwarrior95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamingwarrior95
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts
I'm very excited about Lair. I think it is going to be a big game. I have my copy on reserve.:)
Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Warkunt
[QUOTE="Warkunt"]

Mecamatt

What games? Gears....Halo...? Anything else?

well Too Human is headed in that direction now. why? i don't know.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Uncharted is understandable, but HS? I mean the HS developers have never made anything worthwhile as far as i can see. Unlike Factor 5. I mean the sheep cried for months after they slaughtered the Wii's specs, and said that they had no intentions of making anything for it.

The grass in the video looks ps2-ish, like very evenly seperated with empty spaces in between.The slow-motion part looks great though might wait for reviews b4 getting.Serra86

The grass in R&C future looks much worse, and it's an alpha build.

well Too Human is headed in that direction now. why? i don't know.Warkunt

No it isn't, and i wouldn't call it a shooter.

Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Warkunt
"no it isnt and i wouldnt call it a shooter." my point exactly. it's not a a shooter. and yet, the main character still looks like a UT/ UC/ Halo character. what else looks like it's been done before too many times on the xbox? the game's setting and presentation. tsk tsk.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Just another overhyped game (VF5, Motorstorm, MKll).
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Personally i always ignore the traillers i just wait for the game to come out so i can try it before i make fun of it.
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Just another overhyped game (VF5, Motorstorm, MKll).T-Zone

Based on what? Heavenly sword is an overhyped game. 

a_grunge_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 a_grunge_fan
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

Looks like Dynasty Warriors with Dragons + Great visuals.

I'll wait for GS to review it before I consider purchasing it.

NYCPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NYCPrincess
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
This game will be far from being the best game come this summer and wont even be close to being the PS3's savior. Don't get me wrong the game does look cool, but as for those who are saying this game is or will be the best thing the ps3 will have so far I say "NAY". The majority who are saying this game will be the hottest thing this summer will turn around when it comes out and say something like "Don't believe the hype" when they themselves were hyping it up. I really think the game is coming along very good, but I'm just not one of those little squirrles who go crazy over one nut.
NYCPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NYCPrincess
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

Looks like Dynasty Warriors with Dragons + Great visuals.

I'll wait for GS to review it before I consider purchasing it.

a_grunge_fan

You actually listen to gs? Blah! That's like listening to bush give a speech at a world peace conference. 

colt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 colt24
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts

That game looks pretty dull tbh.... no doubt will only be fun for 15 mins, then get boring. : )

risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
i dont know yet ill wait for the final product
Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Warkunt

_Tobli_: "heavenly sword is over hyped"

Blue Dragon is the true meaning of "over hyped". Heavenly Sword alone, to me, looks better than every upcoming 360 title that has been shown so far. every, including Blue Dragon. doesn't even LOOK like a Square Enix game to me, it looks like a cross between Pokemon and DBZ. :lol: look at the trailers and tell me why i should be looking forward to this game. it looks like just another turn-based RPG to me, even if it is Square Enix.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Overhyped is redundant. It's like saying it's largely big or retardedly special ed. To say something is getting alot of hype almost means it's getting more attention than normal. And I also say that you can't even say something is over or under hyped until the thing being promoted can be truly judged, ie, you have to play it first. That's just my two cents. And again, I'm really looking forward to this game. Definetly looks worth a rent.