Was PES2008 Really such a bad game???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LozPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LozPR
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
I generally hear people slagging off PES2008, and was wondering what exactly it was that greatly annoyed people? I'll admit, when I first started playing it I was a little unsure, but to this day it is still the game I play most. Am I the only one that doesn't mind this game, and will gladly purchase PES2009 without any doubt? Or am I burying my head in the sand and missing out onI generally hear people slagging off PES2008, and was wondering what exactly it was that greatly annoyed people?

I'll admit, when I first started playing it I was a little unsure, but to this day it is still the game I play most. Am I the only one that doesn't mind this game, and will gladly purchase PES2009 without any doubt? Or am I burying my head in the sand and missing out on other better football games? other better football games? :question:
johanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johanlee
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts
the framerate slowdown, even when playing offline. Everything else is good, IMO. Cant wait for PES2009.
LozPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LozPR
Online I'd say the framerate slow-down was the worst part of the game. But offline it didn't really bother me!
Dantinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Dantinho
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

PE5 had a perfect game engine, all they needed to do was a graphic update but they tried to improve perfection which equals going backwards instead of forwards.

I won't try to convince you Fifa is better but give it a try and see what you think.

gangstarapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gangstarapper
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts

It can't possibly be worse than fifa 08 ,the A.I. in that game really end utterly sucks balls

I'm not an agressive person but I threw my copy of the game against the wall and i actually don't regret it

now I have a good reason to switch back to PES and buy 2009:D

LozPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LozPR

It can't possibly be worse than fifa 08 ,the A.I. in that game really end utterly sucks balls

I'm not an agressive person but I threw my copy of the game against the wall and i actually don't regret it

now I have a good reason to switch back to PES and buy 2009:D

gangstarapper

That's the Pro God punishing you for deserting him :P It's a strugle between Pro (God) and Fifa (Devil), people either follow one or the other (and depending on which one they follow will depend on which one is thier God and which one is thier Devil!)

wam102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wam102
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

mannnn! i think PES2008 is _______________!FIFA is better than PES08

graphics of PES2008 same like fifa 2004!! in PS2

PES2008 in PS2 is bad?

if i have written this wrong please send message in community messenger.

thxz

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

though being a PES fan, the last installment in the series was crap... drops in framerate (even in sp mode), online sucks and the crowd in the stadiums looks more like PS1 graphics...

I got both PES2008 & FIFA08, though i still prefare the faster paced gameplay in PES2008, overall i prefare Fifa08.....

Also judging by some previews / info on the next installments for these games, seems like Fifa09 is shaping up nicely with better gameplay...

Dantinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Dantinho
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
Yeah if you played Euro 2008, you'll noticed they speed the gameplay up with faster pace, apparently its going to be perfectly balanced on the new Fifa 09, that with the new leagues, online updates every week and Be A Pro season, will be awesome.
LozPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LozPR
I'm tempted to maybe get both Pro09 and Fifa09, but I know I'll favour one over the other in the end... I would rent them, but it takes me a long time to fully appreciate a game and judge it, I don't like to make rash decisions. I can tell already im going to be biased towards Pro! :twisted:
daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
I wish they would some licensing!! I know the gameplay over rules that problem as it is just an amazing game engine. but sometimes i just wish the names were correct it is still important regardless of how good the gameply is.