This topic is locked from further discussion.

VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts

I liked the initial design so much more, this new comic book art direction just doesn't do it for me.

The big industrial polluting war machines fighting it out in a beautiful green world without thinking of the consequences was IMO so much cooler than this new cartoonish purple coloured fairytale world with political correct non polluting aircrafts.

And I'm having a very hard time seeing the point of being able to land at any time to fight aimlessly on the ground. Why in the world would anyone do this in the midst of aerial combat?
IMO they should have stayed with isolated mini missions. Not alone would the on foot graphics have been much better but the fighting would also have been a lot tighter (able to balance/script the fire-fights) plus one would have a goal.

Dunno about you but I would prefer this scenario:

1. Board the mother-ship with your Warhawk
2. Retrieve captured Spy
3. Blow up/disable the mother-ship from inside
3. Escape in your Warhak

In high quality graphics rather than random clone battles without purpose in sub par graphics (remember the landscape can't be too detailed as you need to be able to fly over it in high speed while having a long draw distance).

It's an atrocity, give me bullets and not this colourful laser beam light-show stolen from StarWars gone Fantasia.

NB: My opinion isn't law and I miss the inside view from the original Warhawk.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
wats the new concept to it?
UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts
I haven't seen any pictures of a change in artwork but my presumption on this game (at least I was HOPING) was something akin to the original starcraft/warcraft Real Time Strategy games.

1)   There are island fortresses where things like food/resources are
2)   People launch attacks from islands by setting up flying armadas to drop troops on other islands
3)  Your warhawk plane can be used to fly around and attack
4)  You can land on the enemy islands and try to take it over

I was also hoping there was computer AI helpers (or multiplayer) so that you could have multiple people attacking at the same time.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

I don't mind the new structure to the series.... primarily b/c I haven't played it for myself and until I do I won't pass judgment on the gameplay.

But I do agree that I wish the art style was a little more intensive. I'm hoping that part of the delays behind this game is an attempt to polish the graphics & tighten the gameplay. Either way, I don't think I expect this game to be AAA material but it should still turn out to be a nice AA experience.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
i randomly voted new, because there wasn't a "what the hell's the difference?" option. you should clearly explain the difference, in less than a paragraph. hehe.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
i like the new because it is better than just flying around. you can control tanks ect. if you just want to fly play the world war 2 plane game forgot the name of it. what is wrong with starwar battle front stile game.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
sorry man but i have no idea of what your talking about.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
Yeah, definately need some linkage to see what you're talking about.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
All of the stuff I read indicates Warhawk (PS3) will be like some awesome BF2 game on steroids. Sounds great to me.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 0rin
From what I understand, and I could be wrong. Hes comparing the old Warhawk, in which it was mostly flying, very little personal combat (i only know what i've read, haven't played it) to the new Warhawk, in which there is more of an equal mix of aerial combat, and ground combat. I personally like this idea better. It sounds like its going to be amazing online. almost reminiscent of BF 2142, where you can either fly around and do aerial assaults, or drive around in a tank, or just run around doing covert stuff. I like that. It also makes the game much less gimmicky, less of a one-trick pony.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
How can you decide whether or not you like the story of a game you haven't even played yet?
dancinaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dancinaps
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts
For the love of god, there is no such  thing as a NEW concept, Warhawk game was always like that, you have an option to fight bloody on the ground or off the ground, here is the footage of behind the scene   goes way  back to  Jun 13, 2006
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1681
this system was always in place but bunch  of cry-babies always need something to moan about.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 0rin
For the love of god, there is no such thing as a NEW concept, Warhawk game was always like that, you have an option to fight bloody on the ground or off the ground, here is the footage of behind the scene goes way back to Jun 13, 2006
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1681
this system was always in place but bunch of cry-babies always need something to moan about.

dancinaps
? I think.. you're taking this thread the wrong way? lol.
CerMakAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CerMakAlot
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts
You might not have to worry, unfortunately.. Rumor has it that warhawk might be in trouble.
dancinaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dancinaps
You might not have to worry, unfortunately.. Rumor has it that warhawk might be in trouble.CerMakAlot
You've been visiting one of those dodgy gamesites again? that rumor has already been debunked, expecting this game to apear in GDC.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

For the love of god, there is no such  thing as a NEW concept, Warhawk game was always like that, you have an option to fight bloody on the ground or off the ground, here is the footage of behind the scene   goes way  back to  Jun 13, 2006

this system was always in place but bunch  of cry-babies always need something to moan about.

dancinaps

This Warhawk is a remake of the PS1 Warhawk title.... obviously the poster liked the idea behind the original better.

PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
warhaqk is also a first person shooter
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
Dumbest poll today so far.
dancinaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dancinaps
http://www.psu.com/node/7080  There you go
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
warhaqk is also a first person shooterPowerCharged
nope third person
dancinaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dancinaps

[QUOTE="dancinaps"]For the love of god, there is no such thing as a NEW concept, Warhawk game was always like that, you have an option to fight bloody on the ground or off the ground, here is the footage of behind the scene goes way back to Jun 13, 2006

this system was always in place but bunch of cry-babies always need something to moan about.

Sgt_Hale

This Warhawk is a remake of the PS1 Warhawk title.... obviously the poster liked the idea behind the original better.

That's quite true, but developers from the start stated that you can also land in enemy territories and fight with vehicles near by or fight on foot.
cbalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cbalas
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts
why compare?
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VonGak
Dumbest poll today so far.nanomecha4
Something doesn't have to be dumb just because you do not understand it. Ex. Math isn't dumb. LOL, sorry I thought more people had been following Warhawk in its development process. :) The original concept was basically what they showed in the E3 '05 trailer with "realistic" graphics and mini but highly detailed 3'rd person shooter missions in enclosed environments. But then the people at Incog Inc. decided to change the art direction to a more comic book like one and at the same time moved the 3'rd person missions to the same map as the arial combat.
whiteshadow55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whiteshadow55
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
isnt david jeffe part of this project? if he is it will be good :)
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VonGak
isnt david jeffe part of this project? if he is it will be good :)whiteshadow55
Sadly not, he is only working on calling all cars until there's freed up enough staff for him to begin on create a new franchise (he prefers to only work on new IPs).
whiteshadow55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whiteshadow55
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
i want calling all cars! hehe