Want a Vita, but my brain keeps holding me back.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

I love Sony games,

I want a Vita bad, but I look at games catalog and I feel like there is not enough yet and I look at the price of the 32GB memory card and I think they are crazy to sell it for that much.

Anyways, was wondering if PSN PS2 or PS1 games play on Vita?

Also do you think Vita will survive and get much more thrid party support?

Fair to say Gravity Rush, Uncharted:GO, Persona 4 Golden are the best exclusive games on Vita?

Anyways someone give me some advice, should I wait or buy one now? Is there a lot of great games coming out in the future or does it look bleak? Think it will end up failing?

EDIT: Could not wait just bought a Vita on Ebay for 154.99 in pretine condition. So I am now a Vita Owner.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Vita is failing, price drop was announced for Japan.

Sony overall is failing to keep above water, their handheld gaming is doing poorly.

I don't see why you'd want to spend more now and get a higher priced item with inadequate support rather then wait a few months for the price drop to be global and then see if more support develops.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
if your not confident then wait till E3. if sony dont give out much info for vita games then well...nuff said. the upside is there is a years worth of gaming to catch up on. i can also confirm that it will play PS1 games on PSN (just stopped playing FF9 on mine). im pretty sure it also plays PSP games but i can't vouch for PS2. i have gravity rush, little big planet and dynasty warriors next. gravity rush is a mandatory purchase if you get a vita. dynasty warriors is a solid leave your brain at the door action game. from what i know of the series if you have played one of them then you have played them all. next is my first DW game though so i can now tick that box :P. little big planet is also excellent on the vita...it really feels at home on the platform. im also planning to pick up everybodys golf and wipeout 2048 at some stage. i bought mine last week. got gravity rush, little big planet, a vita and a 16GB memory card for 340 euro. i am quite happy with it myself and i have many games to catch up on. i do admit that the future release schedule aint looking to hot at the moment though. outside of soul sacrefice i aint seeing much for the vita itself at the moment.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Sony overall is failing to keep above water, their handheld gaming is doing poorly.

I don't see why you'd want to spend more now and get a higher priced item with inadequate support rather then wait a few months for the price drop to be global and then see if more support develops.

Jaysonguy

Dont listen to this guy....geez. The memory cards are too expensive, yeah. Big deal and suck it up. Once that is out of the way you have plenty of great games to play on a wonderful handheld system. Join PS + and you have a instant game library for cheap. Plenty of games out now like Sly Cooper, Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted, Sound Shapes, Little Big Planet Vita, Escape Plan, Wipeout 2048, Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Rayman origins, Lumines, Dokuro, Motorstorm RC, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Playstation All-Stars and many coming soon....Soul Sacrifice, MLB The Show 13, Murramasa, Dead or Alive 5, KIllzone and others later in the year...

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There are enough games out for Vita to warrant a purchase.  If you are not interested in enough of them, then the system might not be for you. 

You have games like

Uncharted

Lumines

Unit 13

Escape Plan

Mutant Blobs Attack

Gravity Rush

Hot Shots Golf

Little Big Planet

Wipeout

Sly Cooper

Persona 4

Dokoro

coming soon

Killzone

Tearaway

Dragon's Crown

Warriors Lair

Studio Bend Project 2

Soul Sacrifice

Phantasy Star Online 2

The Vita will probably be similar to PSP.  It will always be said to have no games, but in reality, there will be plenty of software.  The system will not get games everyday like the DS. 

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
There's certainly enough games out for it now, but you might want to wait until E3 and see if a price drop is announced.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mrmedia01

There's certainly enough games out for it now, but you might want to wait until E3 and see if a price drop is announced. JustPlainLucas

Yeah seems I will do that. I just want to make sure they will support with new games for the next 2 years, if it looks hot at E3 with some new amazing games I will be up for buying one. It seems wise for me to wait because might have better bundle deals and they will probably drop the price on the 32GB Memory card.

Buggy76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Buggy76
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I got a Vita about a month ago and I'am loving it.

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

I should have known. Sony is losing their exlusives already

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I should have known. Sony is losing their exlusives already

foxfacer2d2

What has Sony lost in terms of exclusivity for the Vita?  Nothing

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
PS+ and you're good to go. You don't need a 32gb card to play a Vita.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Jaysonguy
Welcome to the Vita forums Jaysonguy! Yay, you can be our friend now! LOL.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I've found there is plenty of games on Vita, but I play just about anything.

If you have a PS3, and have PS+ for your PS3 already, you'll save alot on a decent library.

I've liked their arcade game offerings like Sound Shapes, which buffs the library up.

In your case, I'd say to wait for a price drop in the system and memory cards.

blackzio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackzio
i have the same problem. If it weren't for the $100 - 32 gb, i would most likely get one. I would need a 32 gb because i'd probably only get games from psn. Sony really shot itself in the foot with that, if they went up with an sd card i'd probably get one. This raises the overall cost of the console, therefore fewer people buy it and developers aren't as interested. if they made a cheap bundle, instead of giving me freaking black ops 2, giving me a 32 gb card, i'd probably buy it. I was pretty certain to buy one until i remembered that problem. A 200 euros console becomes 280. I'm just gonna wait to see what sony makes of this, because i loved the psp, and i'm sure i would love the vita, but paying that price for a memory card just seems ridiculous to me. Now that we are on the subject, for the vita owners, how much does a regular game (like uncharted) takes on your memory stick?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#15 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
That topic description made me laugh. :D
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

You don't want a PSvita badly enough or you would have one already. $250 could get you started with a PSvita and 4GB memory card and "pack in game" of Assasins Creed Liberation, or Call of duty deClassified.

So if you are waiting for a specific game before you buy then continue waiting. Nothing anyone will say will convince you to buy a PSvita. You would be able to find something you would like to play on Vita.

Thus far I have 23 retail games which I bought. And all of the Free Downloadable games that were offer during the PSvita first year on the market. That 4GB memory card has 24mb remaining.

So if you just use the PSvita as a "Gameboy" and play videogames. Then a 4GB memory card is just fine for Game saves. And the small downloadable games offered this past year.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mrmedia01

Decided to wait until Killzone Mercenaries comes out so I can buy that bundle (I am sure Sony will bundle it with PS Vita) and hope the 32GB goes down in price by then.

I want the 32GB because I have about 10 PSP/Vita games that I have download with Playstation plus for the past few months for free with my plus subscription, I also have Sly 4 for PS3 and Playstation All Stars, and those games are both cross buy titles so they have downloadable Vita versions. So yeah thats why I need a 32GB, to be future safe with digital games.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts
The vita is worthit. Ps1 psp games are all available. I'm currently playing persona 4 and the best thing about the vita is i can put it on standby whenever i want and then get back right to the game again whenever i want. I've enjoyed gravity rush, uncharted everything in this way and its amazing how the vita allows me to keep gaming on my busy schedule.
hellotony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hellotony
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

Just got mine last week with NGS2P and LBP.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
Dont listen to the haters. The Vita is a great system and there are PLENTY of games available to warrant a purchase right now. It also looks like the PSV will have some implementation with the PS4 as well. Go buy it now!!
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i had such a phase too where i wasnt sure, but then i decided to get it and dont want to miss my vita anymore, no regrets

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I think the Vita is great. Lots of awesome games to play. In fact I have so many I don't know what to play next.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mrmedia01

hahahaha I could not wait, I saw a good deal on Ebay of it used in Prestine condition. Buy It now for $154.99, free shipping. Jumped on it.

Now I am a PS Vita Owner. Yay!!! for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I remember picking up a PSP at launch and it's library of games were pretty small for a while. Then a sudden JRPG boom happened on the handheld and there were many games to play. 

I am hoping the same happens with Vita, I am hoping Namco gets there head out of their *** and bring over the two tales games on Vita in japan. 

I did just pick up a Vita with Persona 4 and I am loving it. The screen in georgous and it makes FF7 look pretty decent again. Also good to play some PSP games availiable digitally too, downloaded FF Tactics War of the Lions and it looks nice on the Vita. Expecially coming off the crap screened PSP 3000, the vita screen is a godsend. 

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Ovirew

Welcome to the Vita forums Jaysonguy! Yay, you can be our friend now! LOL.

Thanks lol

I like the Vita but I got the deal of 170 plus Ass Creed and Battle Royale and 3 months of PS+ plus I get review copies of all the games I play on it so it's one of those things where it was the right fit for me.

Someone who doesn't get free games and doesn't need it right now? That person can wait until after E3 and see what's going on with the price and software then.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mrmedia01

I remember picking up a PSP at launch and it's library of games were pretty small for a while. Then a sudden JRPG boom happened on the handheld and there were many games to play. 

I am hoping the same happens with Vita, I am hoping Namco gets there head out of their *** and bring over the two tales games on Vita in japan. 

I did just pick up a Vita with Persona 4 and I am loving it. The screen in georgous and it makes FF7 look pretty decent again. Also good to play some PSP games availiable digitally too, downloaded FF Tactics War of the Lions and it looks nice on the Vita. Expecially coming off the crap screened PSP 3000, the vita screen is a godsend. 

ryangcnx-2

Yeah I want to Play Persona 4 bad, but I probably won't have enough to buy it for a couple of weeks. They are giving away Disgaea 3 through PS+ this month, so I will be all over that. I have been downloading all the PS+ Vita promtions for the last year on my PS3 so I am going to have a load of games to play. Loved Disgaea 4 PS3 and heard Disgaea 3 Vita version is better than the PS3 version. So I have some games to play.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

I made a similar thread not too long ago, not because of the game catalogue but because of the price. I got a great deal on Black Friday though and got it for £150 with Need For Speed.

I honestly cannot see the argument that the Vita has a small catalogue, or poor games...it has been out a year and has had just as many if not more top games than the 3DS had at this point. It's a great piece of tech and I'm dead happy with it.

GSKOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GSKOH
I just want a vita for Soul Sacrifice, I really like such type of game and I bought ps3 just for playing GT5. if you like games, just get vita
Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

[QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

Mrmedia01

Yeah I want to Play Persona 4 bad, but I probably won't have enough to buy it for a couple of weeks. They are giving away Disgaea 3 through PS+ this month, so I will be all over that. I have been downloading all the PS+ Vita promtions for the last year on my PS3 so I am going to have a load of games to play. Loved Disgaea 4 PS3 and heard Disgaea 3 Vita version is better than the PS3 version. So I have some games to play.

I was thinking of getting Disgaea 3 next too, I see it can be had for 30 bucks on amazon but i'm also tempted on Uncharted too, its only 25 right now. 

But persona 4 golden is completely worth it. I am absolutely loving it. I never played 4 for the PS2, so it's an extra treat for me as I have never experienced it before.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
IMO, Little Big Planet is the best Vita game. Better than Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona 4.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Wait for the price drop. One hasn't been officially announced, but it's a given.