Vita game sales (Canada)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
I was going to call it a price drop but it's not been indicated as such yet. Still, almost every retailer that stocks games up here seems to be taking part (Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, etc) so it's easy to find something if you're so inclined. $20 -Lumines -Hot Shots Golf -Rayman Origins -Mortal Kombat -Asphalt -Dungeon Hunter -Resistance $30 -Gravity Rush -MGS HD Collection -Virtua Tennis Any and all Future Shop coupons will also stack. I'd sooner have a game like Lumines digital, but I also can't argue for $10 after coupon (from a Kingdom Hearts 3D glitch).
#2 Posted by d_parker (2128 posts) -

Stopped by my local Future Shop today and they had Asphalt Injection for $14.99.

I paid $20 a while back and thought that was a good deal - not a great game but still pretty fun.

#3 Posted by Australianpope (211 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I was going to call it a price drop but it's not been indicated as such yet. Still, almost every retailer that stocks games up here seems to be taking part (Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, etc) so it's easy to find something if you're so inclined. $20 -Lumines -Hot Shots Golf -Rayman Origins -Mortal Kombat -Asphalt -Dungeon Hunter -Resistance $30 -Gravity Rush -MGS HD Collection -Virtua Tennis Any and all Future Shop coupons will also stack. I'd sooner have a game like Lumines digital, but I also can't argue for $10 after coupon (from a Kingdom Hearts 3D glitch).

I though best Buy dropped out of Canada?
#4 Posted by Nanu- (873 posts) -
Damn. What good prices. Im from LA and i wish the prices would be the same as there. Here the average game is about 45$ :(
#5 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

I though best Buy dropped out of Canada?Australianpope

You might be thinking Zellers, having been bought out by Target.

#6 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I would buy Lumines yesterday if it were 20 dollars here in the US.
#7 Posted by d_parker (2128 posts) -

[QUOTE="Australianpope"] I though best Buy dropped out of Canada?Gxgear

Not quite - Target bought out the leases to some Zellers stores, the remaining stores will close, I believe early next year.

#8 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Australianpope"] I though best Buy dropped out of Canada?d_parker

Not quite - Target bought out the leases to some Zellers stores, the remaining stores will close, I believe early next year.

The one in my area is already liquidating their entire store (10% off ROFL) and closing.

#9 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

The one in my area is already liquidating their entire store (10% off ROFL) and closing.

Gxgear
Yeah one of the Zellers here in Victoria started its closing sale a couple of weeks ago...I believe it's not going to become a Target. Another one is, however, and they're either coming to the end of their clearance or have already shuttered the store. I should go see what sort of dregs are left if it is still open. And yeah, the initial sales are pathetic. 10% off games and gaming stuff is useless especially when their games are all still priced at MSRP and can be found significantly cheaper elsewhere. It's only the consoles that are a decent deal at that point, and even then it's a mixed bag as they have nothing new - I don't think any Zellers store got Vitas in stock as they probably knew they were going to close at that point.
#10 Posted by Darkslayer16 (3611 posts) -

Does anyone else have issues finding Vita games in Canada? Stores have like 1 copy of a game if they even have it and some games (Supremacy MMA, Ben 10, Blazblue, Fifa) I have never even seen.

#11 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Does anyone else have issues finding Vita games in Canada? Stores have like 1 copy of a game if they even have it and some games (Supremacy MMA, Ben 10, Blazblue, Fifa) I have never even seen.

Darkslayer16

Stores aren't going to reorder less popular games like those after the release, and Fifa is probably flying off the shelf too fast.

#12 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
I wasn't able to get Rayman Origins at Future Shop when they had a sale last month, and I lost my rain check receipt, so it's good if I can find it at EB Games or another store.