Vita and PS1 games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Hi, I am considering buying a Vita and I heard you can play PS1 games on it. I would love to have FF7, Chrono Cross, and other great classics on the Vita.

But I am unsure as to how this works exactly, do you have to only own the digital copy for it to work? Because I have those games on physical copy and I wouldn't want to rebuy them again (though they are pretty cheap).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Also I'm a Plus Member and I heard we get free Vita games as well.

kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

Yeah you'd have to buy the digital versions from the PS Store.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Well... You can play those physical copies on Remote Play if you want to play them on the go. That's a plus, but no, you can't take them with you on the go.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

You just buy the digital copies off the PSN. they're the same ones that work on the PS3 if you have one so you can play at home and on the go!

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
u have to rebuy them. Only digital versions.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
As stated, digital only. They're also kind of janky on the Vita, as from what I've read the Vita is emulating the PSP's PS1 emulation. And having played a good chunk of FF7 on my Vita, I can say that it's far from perfect. I've had weird graphical glitches, audio skips, lockups, and even complete text corruption making all the dialog boxes impossible to read.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]As stated, digital only. They're also kind of janky on the Vita, as from what I've read the Vita is emulating the PSP's PS1 emulation. And having played a good chunk of FF7 on my Vita, I can say that it's far from perfect. I've had weird graphical glitches, audio skips, lockups, and even complete text corruption making all the dialog boxes impossible to read.

I had the same thing. Especially the text corruption thing. I found turning off any emulation enhancements fixed the issues though.
kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kaskus
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts

i saw some classics on ps3 then i tried to do some tweaks like transferring it on pc through usb and tried putting it on my vita..boom! it works!!

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

i saw some classics on ps3 then i tried to do some tweaks like transferring it on pc through usb and tried putting it on my vita..boom! it works!!

kaskus

I want to take this opportunity to point out something odd I noticed. Conversely if you transfer PS1 games downloaded on the VITA and move them to the PS3, they don't work; they just end a lump-file called PS Vita Application Data, and you can't do anything with it. Oddly enough you can move PS1 saves over from the Vita to the PS3 (and see them in the memory card manager), but when you play the games the game won't be able to see those saves (this may be because I have exceeded the memory limit of the virtual memory card, and so everything after the first MB doesn't get read?).

If Sony can sort this out (and make wireless synching easier), I can see myself playing a PS1 game on the bus, getting home, turning on the PS3 and continuing the game right from where I left off. TBH I thought this was what you could do but either the functionality isn't there or it's not user friendly enough.

kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kaskus
not on vita..you have to download it through ps3 then transfer the game on usb then transfer pc then transfer on vita..catch is playing ps1 classic on psvita
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

I haven't transfer files on PSVITA to PS3 maybe simply redeem the ps1 game or do not include the save file just the game only. Just make sure the folder is correct like SLUSxxxx or SLExxxx this some kind of folder name for PS1 games and you transfer the game on the right folder. It might work, sorry I rarely used my PS3, I don't have much time for it while working.

Maybe Granpire might help you to fix the problem:)

kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaskus
transferring files from PSVita to PS3 can be done but dont expect it to run..it will just add some trash files on your system