Virtual PS2 saves to PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xElite_GameRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xElite_GameRx
Member since 2004 • 256 Posts

how can I transfer virtual PS2 save files from gamefaqs to my PS3? Well, I went to gamefaqs to get "virtual ps2 (ps3) game saves". I put the files on a usb drive and tried to get them on my ps3 but it didn't detect. I used the same method for a ps3 game and it worked. I just need to know if there's a simple method to transferring virtual PS2 saves so they are detected the same way.

vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

If you have a cheat device for your PS2 like Gameshark or something similar that allows for data management, then you can put your saves on a USB stick and then put em on your memory card with the software. Then once they're converted you can just directly copy them to the USB stick and copy them to your PS3.

Either that or you can put them in the F:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV folder of your USB stick/card/CD/DVD etc.

Avatar image for Please_ThankYou
Please_ThankYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Please_ThankYou
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts

Have you downloaded the PS2 system data from the Playstation Store? That's probably necessary.

Then you need to select the thumb drive and press triangle. Then choose "Show All."

However, loading someone else's save that you downloaded from a web site is pretty lame, even for an "elite gamer."

xElite_GameRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xElite_GameRx
its for resident evil outbreak, you can't access file #3 characters playing normally, thats why I'm trying to get the save from someone else who already unlocked it using codebreaker.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
original PS2 files, or Ps2 Ar Max/Cheat SHark files are in a different format than the PS2 files used by the PS3. you can convert them but its a very lengthy process if you don't konw how to do it, you'd need to put the files on the PS2 memory card and transfer them if you want them to work.
vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts
you could upload a rapidshare link of the memory card files you want converted and I'll gladly do it for you.
nevan8817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nevan8817
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
you could upload a rapidshare link of the memory card files you want converted and I'll gladly do it for you. vitz3
Could you do any of the ones with 100% completion? Please. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/561410.html
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

original PS2 files, or Ps2 Ar Max/Cheat SHark files are in a different format than the PS2 files used by the PS3. you can convert them but its a very lengthy process if you don't konw how to do it, you'd need to put the files on the PS2 memory card and transfer them if you want them to work.americahellyeah

You still can't convert them. They haven't even cracked the MagicGate encryption yet. So there will be no converting at all until that happens. The only way and the manual way. Load it on a USB stick, do it on PS2 with the cheat device and put it on the memory card. Take the card, pop it into the converter and plug it in your PS3.

xElite_GameRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xElite_GameRx
I found the method to transfer saves, I just used a USB device, made a folder called PS3, inside that folder I made another folder called EXPORTS, and inside that I made a folder naming it after the file type (PSV). After all this you put the saves in the export folder and the PSV folder and then connect your USB to PS3. You go to the PS2 saved data, click show all, and find the folder to copy it. I now just need the source for North American saves because I need the file #3 characters for the second outbreak game.
ZhaneMasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZhaneMasaki
Tried allthat, it didn't work...help?
ZhaneMasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZhaneMasaki
Tried allthat, it didn't work...help?
awakendjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 awakendjay
Member since 2003 • 1457 Posts
I found the method to transfer saves, I just used a USB device, made a folder called PS3, inside that folder I made another folder called EXPORTS, and inside that I made a folder naming it after the file type (PSV). After all this you put the saves in the export folder and the PSV folder and then connect your USB to PS3. You go to the PS2 saved data, click show all, and find the folder to copy it. I now just need the source for North American saves because I need the file #3 characters for the second outbreak game. xElite_GameRx
Yes it does work, however you gave some false information that probably confused a few people...hehe its NOT called EXPORTS............ its called EXPORT (without the S at the end) So people who had trouble, thats why
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

how can I transfer virtual PS2 save files from gamefaqs to my PS3? Well, I went to gamefaqs to get "virtual ps2 (ps3) game saves". I put the files on a usb drive and tried to get them on my ps3 but it didn't detect. I used the same method for a ps3 game and it worked. I just need to know if there's a simple method to transferring virtual PS2 saves so they are detected the same way.

xElite_GameRx

Theres a little gadget for that, it can be bought anywere.