This topic is locked from further discussion.

kasper11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 kasper11
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

Ok, so I got a new computer, go to install pspvideo9, and lo and behold it is a new release which is a) not working and b) opening tons of popups. Bad combo.

So, does anyone else have a good converter that they use?

btw, I know there have been other threads, but I haven't seen a good one for awhile and programs change.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Ya, PSPvideo9 is notorious for it's pop ups and ads. While extremely hard to find now, there used to be a program out there called 123Movies 2PSP which was sold in retail stores like Best Buy and Circut City that I heard was an ok program. It's not free, and I don't know if it's still around, but maybe you could find it in a bargin bin somewhere.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Protip: anything that has "converter" or "PSP" in the name of the program has a near-100% chance of being junkware. Don't download stuff like that, and also stay clear of ANYTHING that is payware (even if it offers a trial)

Do yourself a favor and get HandBrake. Completely free, open-source, and vastly superior to pretty much all of that payware crap. Just use the PSP preset/profile.

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts

Protip: anything that has "converter" or "PSP" in the name of the program has a near-100% chance of being junkware. Don't download stuff like that, and also stay clear of ANYTHING that is payware (even if it offers a trial)

Do yourself a favor and get HandBrake. Completely free, open-source, and vastly superior to pretty much all of that payware crap. Just use the PSP preset/profile.

Velocitas8
Yep, Handbrake here. Incidentally, I have been able to use it to convert DVDs, but not existing video files. Any experience with that?
kasper11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kasper11
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Anyone have another option? HandBrake doesn't have a volume control which I need.