This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drkbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drkbunny
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It was kinda.....bad to me. The game moved smoothly and it was pretty, but once the action started it just felt generic. Seems like it might be just worth a rent? Anybody got any opinions on it?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

It's a swimsuit model - Pretty to look at, no fun to ****. Sure is pretty, though.

:|

leechant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 leechant
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts

I loved it, reminded me of gears of war/lost planet

Thank god I have playstation plus and automatic download because with out it, I would have never downloaded the demo.

100% day one buy for me :D

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I liked it, but it comes out the same day as Fallout so i wont be buying it any time soon, I'll wait for a price drop.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I liked it, but it comes out the same day as Fallout so i wont be buying it any time soon, I'll wait for a price drop.-Hoax-

You'll have to wait to get your life back too, after that Fallout content comes out... no one will see you for WEEKS...

:lol:

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Funner then that trash Quantum Theory. I hope Quantum Theory isn't a great representation of Gears because that game just screamed trash. I give it props for actually have high res textures and really good Anti Aliasing.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I love the demo and I'm buying the full game ,but for some reason I felt like one of those enemies in MGS4 , the FROGS , they move the exact same way as you do in Vanquish , gotta love the japanese! :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Loved the Vanquish demo... Might have to buy this game.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

It seemed like another generic shooter, just in a sci-fi environment. I was really hoping for something with more depth - a lot more. I'll probably check it out when it hits $20. Maybe if I'm in a weird mood some day I might go as high as $30.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Needs more witches.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
It's far from generic. The bullet time system and boosting is awesome. Getting this asap. Funny how people will rag on this game which has it's own original ideas but praise crap like Killzone 2 and Resistance.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

^ I'll drink to that.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I thought the demo was alot of fun.
Not sure if I'd drop full price on it with all the megaton reeleases coming out this fall.
Still, it's an enjoyable, good looking game. At the very least I would recommend the demo to just about anyone.

ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

I didn't like the demo to be honest. I expected the gun-fights to be better.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

It's far from generic. The bullet time system and boosting is awesome. Getting this asap. Funny how people will rag on this game which has it's own original ideas but praise crap like Killzone 2 and Resistance.Keir21

My apologies, I should have said generic with a gimmick - which just makes it all the more generic. Funny how some people just can't stand the fact that everyone doesn't agree with their opinions - on video games of all things. And if you want to check back on my old posts, I said Resistance was as generic a shooter as I've ever played in my life, and Killzone was just okay.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I tried it and it was forgettable. As someone else said its just shooting with a gimmick. And the bullet time was lame, whats the point if I am equally slowed down by it? The game is about speed but I felt there was no urgency in the fights. If you bum rush and melee a guy your meter goes down automatically and now you're forced to go slow. My last gripe were the characters, Sam specifically. He watches his comrades die and he just stands there and says something dumb. I'll be getting Enslaved instead.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Even with all these weird negative points that have been made here, its a preorder for me. I found the game to be pretty awsome.

legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 legionofdugi
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
im pretty pumped idk know if im getting it day one due to all the other goodies coming out that month but i really want it
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 legionofdugi
It's far from generic. The bullet time system and boosting is awesome. Getting this asap. Funny how people will rag on this game which has it's own original ideas but praise crap like Killzone 2 and Resistance.Keir21
Ill drink to that! just the point that needed to be made
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 legionofdugi

[QUOTE="Keir21"]It's far from generic. The bullet time system and boosting is awesome. Getting this asap. Funny how people will rag on this game which has it's own original ideas but praise crap like Killzone 2 and Resistance.Jackc8

My apologies, I should have said generic with a gimmick - which just makes it all the more generic. Funny how some people just can't stand the fact that everyone doesn't agree with their opinions - on video games of all things. And if you want to check back on my old posts, I said Resistance was as generic a shooter as I've ever played in my life, and Killzone was just okay.

Wouldn't that make just about all shooting games generic? The thing id like to stress is that the genre in a whole is generic, in which case makes this a meaningless debate. Vanquish has features that i found enjoyable, not game of the year, but enjoyable. I felt like i was on a permanent slip and slide, with bullet time features, and fast combat. I thought it was a fun idea. But since you shoot things it is generic. And i personally believe i will have more fun with this game than KZ3, CoD:BO, Moh, or Brink. Which will all come out under the preconceived title of "Generic" , regardless of any new features they might bring to the FPS party.
LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

if you don't want to buy this game, then don't, no one cares . if u liked it, then definitely buy it

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

It was kinda.....bad to me. The game moved smoothly and it was pretty, but once the action started it just felt generic. Seems like it might be just worth a rent? Anybody got any opinions on it?

Drkbunny
I hated it. I would always use up all my bullets in that demo.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it was technically impressive.... the frame rate didn't drop one bit during the boss fight and i was impressed. but sadly the gameplay was pretty thin.

noobslapperpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 noobslapperpro
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

i thought it was awesome. But lack of multiplayer s a problem for me. I appreciate that they are concentrating on the single player but you can't deny the longevity mp extends to games if done right.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
Vanquist demo was awesome. Graphics and Gameplay were outstandings. Hopefully the game will rock!
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I REALLY don't understand all the people calling it generic. Did you even play the demo? You know, actually downloaded, took the time to learn the controls and use the mechanics while playing the game? I thought it was fantastic! It's a day one purchase for me and I don't say that often nowadays.

I know it'll probably take 10-12 hours to beat but I can guarantee that there will be loads of replay value. Bayonetta took me 11 hours to beat and I've almost clocked in 40 hours trying to Platinum rank every chapter and playing through on Hard.

Rezze16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rezze16
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts

Another crappy Lost planet 2...

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Citrus25

Another crappy Lost planet 2...

Rezze16
LP was not crappy.
krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 krayziecupid
Member since 2003 • 448 Posts

luckily, i haven't played much "similar-to-vanquish-game", so while im playing the demo, i didnt have much reference to compare it to that is why the experience to me is enjoyable, i love the design and the special effects of the game, if everything goes well (as to game review of this game, quality of the story and if the game will be long enough to be played) then i'm one of the Day 1 buyer of this game. as for the demo, Kudos to Sega and Platinum games!

MaxPred2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MaxPred2010
Member since 2010 • 547 Posts
That Argus mech thing is too hard to kill. Because of that, I didn't like the demo as much as I thought I would.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
the game sucked. it was nothing specail. it was a great idea and the vids made it look very fast paced and awesom ut after playing it for my self it was terrible. i couldnt even finsih the demo. itwas just to boring
Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Citrus25
That Argus mech thing is too hard to kill. Because of that, I didn't like the demo as much as I thought I would.MaxPred2010
Oh come on! get better. :P