fuzzyblackdice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fuzzyblackdice
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I've had my PS3 for a long time now but it is in good condition. I have been considering upgrading to PS4 for a while now. Should I sell my PS3 and the approximately 10 games, 3 controllers, and controller charging station and buy a PS4? There are some games coming out exclusively for PS4 that I really want to play.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

I wouldn't, since there's no backwards compatibility on PS4 and there's plenty of games on PS3 I still want to play (and replay) for years to come.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I wouldn't if I were you. Persona 5 is coming next year, and PS3 will continue to see support for years to come.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#5 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

What would you play? Are there enough games out that scream, 'play me now'? You say the games you want to play are not out yet, so why buy a console that wont see any play time?

I'd sell the spare controllers first, unless they see regular use. The games can go too, unless you're planning on keeping them. But that goes to the point, why sell a perfectly solid console?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'd only say yes if you've finished and played all the games you've wanted to. If there's nothing else you'd want to play on the PS3, there's no point in keeping it as a dust collector. Right now there's not many games on the next-generation and you might find yourself in a bit of a drought, so think about your decision.

psone4xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By psone4xbox
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

Keep it and use it as a 3d blu ray player with wifi and access to netflix,etc. And it plays good games...

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

I would not sell my PS3.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

So far everybody seems to be on the same page, I'm happy with the PS4 but there's noway I give up the PS3 for it. Especially if you plan on getting PLUS because the benefits for the PS3 far out-weigh those of the PS4 at the moment.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#10 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts
@dipdish said:

I would not sell my PS3.

This. I love my PS4 but I also still love my PS3.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Do not sell your PS3... I still love mine :)

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

not worth it right now trust me on this ur going to play ur ps4 for like a week then put it down from lack of games

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I would definitely get a PS4, but IMO do NOT trade in your PS3. I've traded in 3 systems in my lifetime and will never again trade in systems. There's always going to be those handful of games you're going to wish you could play but can't since you traded in everything. I spent way more money re-building my collection than if I would've just kept everything.

If you really feel like you need to trade in the PS3 my suggestion is to keep all your games and only trade in the console. If you miss it it'll be much easier for you to get another console than track down all the games you want to play and will save you money in the long run.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@MarcRecon: couldn't agree more

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes it is time to upgrade to Playstation 4, but you should still hold on to your Playstation 3. Sony will support PS3 for 3 more years. Start saving up $400.00 for the PS4 console and $60.00 for your first game. Eventually more games will be coming out for PS4. The launch window games are out. Now games like the order 1966, and Destiny are coming. Sony has at lot of developers creating games for the PS4. So you may want something.

Infamous second son, Killzone shaodow fall are decent to start your Playstation 4 collection. Plus the usual multiplatform games are better on PS4