Upcoming PS4 update has surprises?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

When I searched for images of the new ShareFactory app, I found a picture showing a photo/video player app on the PS4 Home screen. Media playback confirmed? :)

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I think they need to unlock basic common sense features, music CD import and playback, MP4 and various other video format playback via disc or USB, photo import, interface themes/photos. The video editing stuff is ok but I'd prefer more common sense everyday usage changes.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I never store photos or music on my consoles to be honest so don't really need any of these features. I only care about the gaming side and ways to improve that, so I'm happy to see them including a pre-loading feature. That's my highlight from this update.

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

I don't care about pre-loading because there's no point in buying a digital game on launch day when it will always be available on PS Store / Xbox Store / Nintendo eShop (etc.).

I'm more excited for the Share Factory video editor. I love using Windows Movie Maker on my PC to make stupid Youtube videos, so having a similar editor on my PS4 to edit game clips is perfect.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

The option to be able to plug in my MP3 player and listed to custom soundtracks while gaming is all I want. I love that feature with the Xbox 360. I'm sure it'll come to PS4 eventually, just so it's out around the time of Drive Club release I'd be content with that.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@yixingtpot said:

I think they need to unlock basic common sense features, music CD import and playback, MP4 and various other video format playback via disc or USB, photo import, interface themes/photos. The video editing stuff is ok but I'd prefer more common sense everyday usage changes.

Ditto.