Uncharted's Crushing Mode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
Ok, i tried to get beat Uncharted on Crushing Mode to get me to 1 last trophy til i would get the plat and i did but i used some of the game's unlocks like Super Slow Motion and Super Fast Motion or w/e it's called, but about a few months before i downloaded a 100% save which didn't work and i think it denied me the trophy because of it. What i'm wondering is: Was it the unlocks that i used or the worthless save i accidentally mixed with my other saves? I think most likely it's the worthless save i downloaded. Also, does that mean i would have to start a new game and unlock Crushing Mode again? Which difficulty mode do you have to beat to unlock Crushing Mode?
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Copying saves will not be compatible with trophies. In your case, you'll have to start a new game on Hard, then complete that for Crushing, then start another completely new game on Crushing.
coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 coasterdude33
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
Copying saves will not be compatible with trophies. In your case, you'll have to start a new game on Hard, then complete that for Crushing, then start another completely new game on Crushing.Flame_Blade88
This is correct. Why are you trying to cheat to get trophies? That kind of defeats the whole purpose...
D4NZEL-709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 D4NZEL-709
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Copying saves will not be compatible with trophies. In your case, you'll have to start a new game on Hard, then complete that for Crushing, then start another completely new game on Crushing.coasterdude33
This is correct. Why are you trying to cheat to get trophies? That kind of defeats the whole purpose...

true he should get T:salvation if he wants to be cheated and cheat. but u can still use the unlockable cheat stuff u unlock through the game.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gollum007
Ok, you guys really want to know? My brother actually downloaded it and i was a little worried but i ended up doing it anyway and i regret it very much :,( Btw, Crushing Mode is a doozey without using Slow Motion or Super Slow Motion which i didn't use those til about halfway through the game.
SagaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 SagaRain
Member since 2009 • 602 Posts

Isn't the whole point of the trophies feeling glory after you beat a goal? how can you feel that "glory" by cheating..

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gollum007
Can you guys stop jumping me just because i said i downloaded a save? i was trying to get to the point.
coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coasterdude33

Crushing really isn't that hard.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gollum007
i know but it's very time consuming considering you pretty much have to use a Slow Motion unlock or die A LOT.
coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coasterdude33

I didn't use slow mo. Crushing took me about 6 hours. I only got stuck in chapter 4 for a little bit

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

i know but it's very time consuming considering you pretty much have to use a Slow Motion unlock or die A LOT.gollum007

Or you can be strategic and use cover

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gollum007
You do realize it only takes 4 or 5 bullets to die, right. I highly doubt you had no trouble playing Crushing and that you used "strategy" and cover. Tell me the AI don't try to rush you/throw grenades/shotty you.
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

You do realize it only takes 4 or 5 bullets to die, right. I highly doubt you had no trouble playing Crushing and that you used "strategy" and cover. Tell me the AI don't try to rush you/throw grenades/shotty you.gollum007

I didn't say i had no trouble but i did get fast at headshots and after that it got a lot easier. As for the grenades i jumped to different cover the enemies rushing were easiest cause you can blindfire them

coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coasterdude33

Well, cover is a must, but in most situations don't attach to the cover. Just peak around the cover while aiming. You will be able to hit them before they can hit you.

For the guys that rush you, the best strategy is to us the AK or whatever other MG you have and shoot at them while not holding L1. When you aren't aiming the MGs will lock on to any enemy that is close even if you are moving in the opposite direction, as long as the center of your camera is pointed at him. Really the only HARD part is where you have to get the map from the plane. Just because there are several waves coming from different directions.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Well, cover is a must, but in most situations don't attach to the cover. Just peak around the cover while aiming. You will be able to hit them before they can hit you.

For the guys that rush you, the best strategy is to us the AK or whatever other MG you have and shoot at them while not holding L1. When you aren't aiming the MGs will lock on to any enemy that is close even if you are moving in the opposite direction, as long as the center of your camera is pointed at him. Really the only HARD part is where you have to get the map from the plane. Just because there are several waves coming from different directions.

coasterdude33

Using that glitch to not attach to cover and aim is just as bad as cheating.

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
the blue room. thats all im gonna say. man i hate that room.....
coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 coasterdude33

@ Zidaneski

It isn't a "glitch" per se, thus it is not cheating. I did not say it was wrong to use slow-mo or anything that the developers deliberately put in the game. Naughty dog left slo-mo in but took the weapon select out for crushing. If it is a strategy or viable game tactic, why shouldn't it be used? That would be like saying that I shouldn't use the grenade launcher against weaker enemies because they don't have that ability. However, I do think it wrong to try to use a save from someone else for trophy advancements (although like discussed above, they don't work anyway).

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@ Zidaneski

It isn't a "glitch" per se, thus it is not cheating. I did not say it was wrong to use slow-mo or anything that the developers deliberately put in the game. Naughty dog left slo-mo in but took the weapon select out for crushing. If it is a strategy or viable game tactic, why shouldn't it be used? That would be like saying that I shouldn't use the grenade launcher against weaker enemies because they don't have that ability. However, I do think it wrong to try to use a save from someone else for trophy advancements (although like discussed above, they don't work anyway).

coasterdude33

Wait what? I'm just talking about having your bullets shoot through the wall.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Crushing mode really isn't that hard compared to other games' hardest modes. Killzone 2 on Elite and CoD4 on Veteran were both harder than Uncharted's Crushing. Just keep redoing the rooms you have trouble with, try to learn the AI's movement patterns, find the most dangerous enemies and take them out first, etc. I never used slow-mo or any of the other cheats and I never got stuck for any extended period of time on any parts.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Crushing mode really isn't that hard compared to other games' hardest modes. Killzone 2 on Elite and CoD4 on Veteran were both harder than Uncharted's Crushing. Just keep redoing the rooms you have trouble with, try to learn the AI's movement patterns, find the most dangerous enemies and take them out first, etc. I never used slow-mo or any of the other cheats and I never got stuck for any extended period of time on any parts.

Ospov

^This^

I am currently playing through on crushing mode as well, and I have learned that studing the AI's movement and placements to help A LOT!

and keeping cover that helps a lot as well.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Ypu'll have to start a new game and beat it again to unlock crushing and then complete that. Using game saves always locks trophies

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

I made it to like the part where u find ur plane in the jungle and then stopped playing cause i got INFAMOUS!!

But yeah, i think it was the save thing...