Uncharted turns survival horror

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
Okay, so I've been enjoying uncharted (more than any other game for ages), but I have just got to the bit when, without spoiling it for others, the whole thing turns a little "survival horror". Is this how the rest of the game pans out? or can i get back to my lush jungles soon?
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts

Yea that part I didn't really like so much, but it is ok for all those who might criticize it for being the same throughout. But, yes you will indeed be back into the jungle once you get out of *SPOILERS*

the underground. After the generator room there is a little bit more then more good jungle parts. The last boss is also the most beautiful thing I have seen on a console game. Greatest game ever IMO.

craftieman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 craftieman05
Member since 2008 • 349 Posts
I don't think your going to be in the jungles anymore but I can tell you that the "survival horror" part in the game is not the main focus. They are still not your main enemies. But you will be back outside soon.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts

I don't think your going to be in the jungles anymore but I can tell you that the "survival horror" part in the game is not the main focus. They are still not your main enemies. But you will be back outside soon.craftieman05

The outside is the jungle.

Gamezster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamezster
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts
Yeah, after the survival horror you find some of the pirates again, have to fight them, then the survival horro dudes come again, you kill them, then survival horror is a closed case.
luludooobee111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 luludooobee111
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
I loved how it switched, i was thinking that the game was starting to get repetitive than it switched.... Game was incredible
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

well... ill be happy to get back outside. uncharted is an amazing game. It is shaping up to be the first game i have bothered to complete since RE4. Such a good story, such good gameplay and, oh,.. those graphics. It is the first story in a video game (EDIT: IN AGES) that has made be want to keep playing just to see what happens next. it's not complex, just good old adventure stuff.

but yeah, i'm not sure how i feel about the survival horror section. so far those "things" tend to come at you from the same direction, so at least your not spinning around madly looking for moving shadows... :)

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

wtf? that was probably the sweetiest part in the game when you find out about **** Thats what really rejuvenated me and wanted too know more hah. That totally bumped up a number in my grade book. :) It was awesome.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
i do also think it was a nice switch and a nice surprise. it also lived up to its adventure movie roots.
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I personally loved the survival horror part. I would love for Naughty Dog to make a survival horror game.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

SPOILERS of course!!!

I liked it so much. I remember it was the second night I had the game. A little past Midnight and doing the chapter they first show up. Everytime the L2 look thing came on and you get a glimpse of the thing really raised my anticipation. Then all after the cutscene you're surrounded not knowing what to do. I remember the first time when getting jumped on I shook the controller like crazy!

I wonder what Uncharted 2 will throw at us.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

I really want Uncharted 2. It was one of those games that I played and immediately thought "this is the beginning to a great franchise." It was just a great start with so much that can be built on. I just hope they don't tag on some online crap and sacrifice single player improvements a la Halo.

Felt the same about Heavenly Sword though. Too bad about that :(

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I really want Uncharted 2. It was one of those games that I played and immediately thought "this is the beginning to a great franchise." It was just a great start with so much that can be built on. I just hope they don't tag on some online crap and sacrifice single player improvements a la Halo.

Paladin_King

Totally agree. This game should be a reminder to everyone just how great a traditional single-player experience can be.

And yeah, it is a shame about Heavenly Sword. I was really hoping for that to become a franchise.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
[QUOTE="Paladin_King"]

The_Pig_Hostage

Totally agree. This game should be a reminder to everyone just how great a traditional single-player experience can be.

And yeah, it is a shame about Heavenly Sword. I was really hoping for that to become a franchise.

Sony could always make a sequel if they wanted to since they own the IP.