Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thesplitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thesplitz
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

Hey guys i'm new to the forums.

Anyways I just wanted to ask if the Uncharted collection coming out tomorrow October 9th will be worth it. I have never played any of the uncharted games so it seems like a no brainer for me to buy this collection but i'm just on the fence with this franchise. Without any spoilers can anyone briefly tell me a bit about the trilogy, to me it seems like a tomb raider clone. Is Nathan Drake likable? are the games combat, story, exploration, or platform based, or a blend of each? I really enjoyed "The last of us" ps4 remaster by Naughty Dog. How does Nathan compare to Joel? I liked seeing Joel and Ellie progress, mature and grow close to each other throughout the game, is Uncharted kinda like that?

Thanks for any help and sorry if a topic similar to this has already been posted

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Very good series, far superior to the tomb raider games. If you've never played them, this is the place to start.......leave a note for your family as they might think you've been kid-knapped when they don't see you for a week!

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Yes get the collection if you've never played the games before. The games are sort of a cross between Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. Nathan is likeable, so is Sully, Cloe, and Elena. Joel always sort of seemed like an older grumpier Nathan to me. Two different games though. One is about exploring for treasure and one is about surviving. Uncharted is more lighthearted if that makes sense. Lots of banter, some goofing off, and quite a bit of exploring is the best way I can sum up Uncharted without spoiling anything.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If you haven't played any of the games like you said, go out and get this asap.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@thesplitz said:
I have never played any of the uncharted games

This means yes, yes very much

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

**** wit drake day

thesplitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thesplitz
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

Thanks guys for the input. I decided to pre-order it. From all the great reviews and what you guys said, there's pretty much no way i'll hate this triology. I guess this topic can be officially closed unless anyone else wants to share why they like the uncharted series, as long as you avoid spoilers.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I finish uncharted trilogy on ps3 but i purhase today uncharted trilogy on ps4 go for it its wort it

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

**** wit drake day

puckety pucked up matey

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@thesplitz: Uncharted is like the newer Tomb Raiders yes, but its very immersive and the game feels like you ara a character in a movie. Uncharted 2 is by far the best of series. The chats between Nate and Sully are pretty funny sometimes. Uncharted is a mix of platforming, 3rd person shooter, beat em up, puzzles and action adventure. Coolyfett never played any of the original Tomb Raider games on the PS1, but Uncharted is similar to the newer Tomb Raider games, which actually came out AFTER Uncharted. If you are on PlayStation it is definitely a must play.

snogglethorpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 snogglethorpe
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

The thing is that although the themes/gameplay are superficially similar to Tomb Raider, pretty much everything about the Uncharted games—writing, level design, characters, voice acting, graphics—is far better than any Tomb Raider game I've ever played. T.R. games are fun, but always just a little, hmmm... "by the numbers" maybe. The reboot from a few years ago definitely improves on the older T.R. games (I really enjoyed it), but it's not quite to the level of Uncharted in terms of story and characterization and "flow". Naughty Dog is just realllly good at this stuff.

Uncharted sets out to be like an Indiana-Jones type movie, and really pulls it off, you're just pulled along practically effortlessly, and everything that happens feels natural and involving. The characters are all very well done, and the tone is constantly pitch-perfect.

The one thing that's a bit outdated about Uncharted is that it doesn't have the huge free-roaming levels that are popular these days, the levels are more linear and directed, although the level design is very good, so it never feels restrictive or annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts

These games are awesome and the standard every game maker should follow. BUY IT!!!

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

If there is any remaster game to buy for the PS4, I guess it would be Uncharted collection. It is one of my favorites game series of alltime. However, I can see the need for HD Collection like a PS2 game --> PS3 game. The God of War Collection for PS3 did a huge jump with the HD televisions. Look at God of War 2 HD.

Going from PS3 --> PS4 remaster? I don't know. Is it needed? I look at the comparison youtube videos and I am not fully impressed. It is better but nowhere near the jump from PS2 game to PS3 HD game.