Uncharted Drakes Fortune Tech Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spookhouse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spookhouse1
Member since 2003 • 551 Posts
I've a problem with my copy of Uncharted. Basically i've tried to play it, and loads of black squares keep flickering across the screen. I've no idea what has caused this, the Uncharted disc is in perfect condition, and worked the other day. (it was the Chapter 18 Bunker level, if that helps). I have tried to restart the game to an earlier chapter, but that didnt help. My PS3 has the latest updates, i've checked that the HDMI is secure. I've also checked my other PS3 games all which work as they should. The only change to my PS3 thats happened before it stopped working was when i downloaded the 1.29 patch for killzone 2, however i did uninstall that patch, but still no improvement. Its possible that the save game has been corrupted, but i'd prefer not to restrart the game if at all possible, any suggestions would be appreciated. Spooky
oakie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 oakie86
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

2 things you can try then, try a new game(new save*) or return that copy of the game and try a new disc

LordXelNaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LordXelNaga
Member since 2005 • 1161 Posts
Sounds like your PS3 is running too hot. Put it in a cool and well ventillated place and those issues will go away.
Spookhouse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spookhouse1
it shouldnt be the disc, i've had it nearly 8 months, completed the game once with it, this was my second play through. I first noticed the glitch it last night, and tried again this morning, which was a good 10 hours of the machine shut down so even if it were running hot last night, i had been playing Pacific Rift/Killzone for a time, this morning that should have fixed it wouldnt it? (additionally the machine is well vented, standing on a shelf). In any case wil try new game. On a related subject will all the "treasures" i've collected this play through remain, or will they reset since there is no game complete data?
Spookhouse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spookhouse1
i've tried the game restart, which seemed to fix the problem in both saves, thanks for the help.