Uncharted: Drake's Fortune multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 big_
Member since 2004 • 228 Posts

Anyone know why uncharted doesn't have multiplayer?

big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 big_

and if uncharted 2 will have multiplayer...

mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

i think they made a good choice leaving it out, i dont think it would have worked well.

uncharted 2 looks as though they may be adding a coop mode but its only rumoured

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#4 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

its pretty obvious that you havnt actually played uncharted then. what kinda online modes would there be? wall climber first to climb to the top wins WOW. 26mile marathon sounds fun or even better hide and go seek.

anyway what im trying to say is uncharted isnt a first person shooter and wouldnt work. can you imagine trying to play capture the flag with uncharted gameplay it would be boring. tomb raider games dont have online mode either. i think its better because it means the devs put every bit of effort into making the games story and everything with the single player really brilliant. story mode coop may make an appearance in uncharted 2 which would be a lot of fun especially if the ai are smarter in crushing mode than they were in the last game

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

i would love some co-op but as for multiplayer online i think not..

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
well they should keep it single player and have a side quest that has nothing to do with the single player story... maybe fighting your way through the level of the main game... online coop would be good like RE5
big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 big_

its pretty obvious that you havnt actually played uncharted then. what kinda online modes would there be? wall climber first to climb to the top wins WOW. 26mile marathon sounds fun or even better hide and go seek.

anyway what im trying to say is uncharted isnt a first person shooter and wouldnt work. can you imagine trying to play capture the flag with uncharted gameplay it would be boring. tomb raider games dont have online mode either. i think its better because it means the devs put every bit of effort into making the games story and everything with the single player really brilliant. story mode coop may make an appearance in uncharted 2 which would be a lot of fun especially if the ai are smarter in crushing mode than they were in the last game

d_ano

If Gears of War has multiplayer why would it be wrong for Uncharted to have I mean the cover and shooting mechanics are very similar..

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d_ano

[QUOTE="d_ano"]

big_

If Gears of War has multiplayer why would it be wrong for Uncharted to have I mean the cover and shooting mechanics are very similar..

.....i played gears and i dont remember having to climb across any cliff edges to get onto any german boats. you know yourself gears is a 3rd person shooter uncharted is an adventure that has guns
big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 big_

[QUOTE="big_"]

[QUOTE="d_ano"]

d_ano

.....i played gears and i dont remember having to climb across any cliff edges to get onto any german boats. you know yourself gears is a 3rd person shooter uncharted is an adventure that has guns

i was thinking stuff like capture the flag and team death match

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

big_

Because it doesn't need it.

It isn't rocket science.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="big_"]

[QUOTE="d_ano"]

d_ano

You have absolutely no recollection of when you had to scale the side of a cliff to get onto the German U-Boat that was, oddly enough, parked in the middle of the freakin' jungle?

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Online multliplayer is a bloody epidemic these days. Not every game needs it and some are worse off for it.
Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts

[QUOTE="big_"]

Scianix-Black

It isn't rocket science.

well it would be nice if you have a couple of stages with co-op but I will really dislike if they will stick a second character for the entire game in uncharted 2
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="big_"]

Tekkenloving

It isn't rocket science.

well it would be nice if you have a couple of stages with co-op but I will really dislike if they will stick a second character for the entire game in uncharted 2

Chloe, dude.

Chloe.

membership1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 membership1
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
[QUOTE="d_ano"]

uve said everything . but i thing in the 2 they could create a mini game called ice climbers lol just kidding
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 d_ano

[QUOTE="d_ano"][QUOTE="big_"]

Scianix-Black

You have absolutely no recollection of when you had to scale the side of a cliff to get onto the German U-Boat that was, oddly enough, parked in the middle of the freakin' jungle?

no i got really stuck i just couldnt figure out how to get marcus to climb swing and swim......maybe thats why gears of war is so much more different to uncharted
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
All Naughty Dog has to focus on IMO, is making the game as perfect, if not better than the first one. To do this, they shouldn't even come to think of putting on multiplayer modes. Although, co-op wouldn't be that bad.
L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

The only mutiplayer for Uncharted I could think could fit is Campaign Co-op, but nothing online.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Why does every game need to have MP nowadays
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I hope it doesn't have any multiplayer. It doesn't need it. It will only detract from the wonderful single player.
roflmuffins8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 roflmuffins8
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I'll have to agree with everyone else, co-op would be good for Uncharted 2. Any other kind of multiplayer wouldn't go along very well with it, since it's always been intended as a story-driven game only.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

I would like a multiplayer just if they allow melee battles with counters and ****

3minty3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 3minty3
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

ye i think co-op offline and online would be a good idea.

Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tekkenloving

[QUOTE="Tekkenloving"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

It isn't rocket science.

Scianix-Black

Chloe, dude.

Chloe.

elena is much better then that faker can ever be!!!!! .
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Because that would suck. Not every game needs multiplayer, even though that seems to be the mindset these days.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

I am glad they focused entirely on an engaging single player experience. The story is great, and it might not have turned out as good if they had've had to split development time between single and multiplayer. Uncharted is fine the way it is, and I see no need for multiplayer in the 2nd.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Tekkenloving"]well it would be nice if you have a couple of stages with co-op but I will really dislike if they will stick a second character for the entire game in uncharted 2Tekkenloving

Chloe, dude.

Chloe.

I hate Elena, lol.

She's annoying.

You know what I hate more, though?

The idea of having both Chloe and Elena in the game at the same time to be seen on screen simultaneously at any given moment.

Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tekkenloving

[QUOTE="Tekkenloving"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Chloe, dude.

Chloe.

Scianix-Black

I hate Elena, lol.

She's annoying.

You know what I hate more, though?

The idea of having both Chloe and Elena in the game at the same time to be seen on screen simultaneously at any given moment.

3 player co-op confirmed :P (god I have to admit ill hate it to)
Harry_Balzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Harry_Balzac
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

[QUOTE="d_ano"]

big_

I agree with you, and disagree with all the people on here saying it wouldn't work. I think Unchartered 2 deathmatches would be awesome if ND done them right. And they could have a online mode called treasure hunter that rewards the player for finding the most treasures and killing others to get theres. Pirates vs drakes gang, and such. This game would work similar to GeoW if it had multiplayer.
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Uncharted doesn't need multiplayer and it doesn't need co-op, which would totally ruin it.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

Uncharted doesn't need multiplayer and it doesn't need co-op, which would totally ruin it......

Timmeus
.....so let's just leave this topic at that.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I understand that adding MP would take time away from SP, and some of the greatest games there are (Super Mario 64, Bioshock, Max Payne) would have been less then what they are. The Darkness and Condemned 2 both added MP, and it wasn't that good making people wish it could have been better. Still, Gears 1 and the first MGO proved that last minute MP done last (to focus on SP) can be quite good, and Far Cry 2's MP isn't bad (especially with the map creator).

A co-op as Drakes new partner would be great, while MP modes could be a bit more than standard TDM and DM. Capture the artifact could be like capture the flag, while the platforming could be used in a King of the Hill type mode. I don't see how this could be bad, I've been itching to play MGS and GTAwith friends and when it finallyhappened it was fantastic.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#33 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

It doesnt need it, but i hope Uncharted 2 has Co-op.

jjenkins78x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jjenkins78x
Member since 2009 • 751 Posts

[QUOTE="d_ano"]

big_

This. Uncharted could have excellent multiplayer if they figure out how to include the melee, vehicle(s) and maybe even some platforming. If they just make the typical TDM/CTF modes, why bother? There are better games... but if they could make the modes unique and make sense in the context of the game, they could definitely figure out an online component. Naughty Dog is creative enough to figure it out, even if some of the posters in this thread aren't. :P
jjenkins78x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jjenkins78x
Member since 2009 • 751 Posts

I understand that adding MP would take time away from SP, and some of the greatest games there are (Super Mario 64, Bioshock, Max Payne) would have been less then what they are. The Darkness and Condemned 2 both added MP, and it wasn't that good making people wish it could have been better. Still, Gears 1 and the first MGO proved that last minute MP done last (to focus on SP) can be quite good, and Far Cry 2's MP isn't bad (especially with the map creator).

A co-op as Drakes new partner would be great, while MP modes could be a bit more than standard TDM and DM. Capture the artifact could be like capture the flag, while the platforming could be used in a King of the Hill type mode. I don't see how this could be bad, I've been itching to play MGS and GTAwith friends and when it finallyhappened it was fantastic.

SPYDER0416
Exactly. It's easy if you take a second to think about it. They could include the jet-ski's in some sort of crazy Twisted Metal-esque zones matches, include platforming in their capture the flag equivalent, have 4 sets of teams competing to get the last heliplane off the island... incorporate all the gameplay elements like cover, melee, and platforming into everything and you could really do a lot with that sort of Indiana Jones setting. I doubt we would see it done justicet as a side-component to a SP-focused game, but I would like to see something different in MP in general besides the standard uncreative deathmatch variations.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

They should merge uncharted and mag and call it "Uncharted drake's MAGnificent adventure extravaganza!". 256 drake clones all in a small map like shipment killing each other till one is alive. "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Online multliplayer is a bloody epidemic these days. Not every game needs it and some are worse off for it. Silent-Hal
Agreed!
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

It doesn't need multiplayer and Naughty Dog would do well to keep it that way.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

"ahem" the phrase is "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!". You switch the be and one around.

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

I think a unique multiplayer would be fun. Even a slightly modified CTF could be awesome. Imagine realizing your flag/artifact is gone, and shooting at a Drake wallrunning with a vine. There could be some awesome chases.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

They should merge uncharted and mag and call it "Uncharted drake's MAGnificent adventure extravaganza!". 256 drake clones all in a small map like shipment killing each other till one is alive. "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

sa10kun

lol. people would buy that...

andwas that a highlanderreference in the end? if so it's "therecan be only one"