Uncharted 4: A thief's end

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Well as the title suggests and as Nate himself says to sully to do something 'One last time' in the trailer, this looks to be it for the Uncharted series, what do you guys think. I and am sure others will also agree that this is a good time for ND to end the series and focus on say a Last of Us 2 or bring a new IP.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I'm excited to play one last Uncharted, and I do hope this is the last just because I would rather they move on to different projects. Uncharted has been one of my favorite series, but I would prefer not to have it beat into the ground like some other series. Make one last epic game, then move onto either more from Last of Us, or a new IP.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I think this should be the last one as well. I'm not sure they will top Uncharted 2 but I at least hope this one is on that level.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

it sells 20 million copies it want be the last uncharted.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, they put a lot of emphasis on "last" with hinting that it could be the last game by calling it Thief's "End". I don't know how I feel about this because I love Uncharted. But there's not a whole lot more they can do with the franchise. I'm definitely excited for another game, but I still worry it will feel like more of the same. This one could be more serious and/or dark than previous ones, and I kind of hope it is. I would like to see it focus more personally on the characters, but I think they've already done a pretty good job with that so far. Anyway, since Naughty Dog is working on something else, I hope it's something they can make a new franchise out of. I don't really want to see Uncharted get overdone, and I don't really want to see a Last of Us sequel.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah, they put a lot of emphasis on "last" with hinting that it could be the last game by calling it Thief's "End". I don't know how I feel about this because I love Uncharted. But there's not a whole lot more they can do with the franchise. I'm definitely excited for another game, but I still worry it will feel like more of the same. This one could be more serious and/or dark than previous ones, and I kind of hope it is. I would like to see it focus more personally on the characters, but I think they've already done a pretty good job with that so far. Anyway, since Naughty Dog is working on something else, I hope it's something they can make a new franchise out of. I don't really want to see Uncharted get overdone, and I don't really want to see a Last of Us sequel.

They could make something in the Last of us universe that could be pretty cool. I would like a completely new series though.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ewalthour

I don't see this game coming out until 2016 by the way another yr has passed and still a very short but beautiful in game gameplay. The only way the game is coming out 2015 would be in nov which is there normal date and E3 next yr has to be all out gameplay that can be demoed on the show room floor. Good thing the guys from The last of us is helping or taking over to make the story and gameplay great.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I did get that "this is the last one" kind of vibe, but who knows. I certainly get the feeling Sully will die in this one. Whether it's Drake's final adventure, is hard to say. I would be open to a Golden Abyss follow-up, either way.

I'd much rather another Uncharted than another Last of Us. I loved Last of Us, but I have no desire for a sequel at all.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog are working on 2 new unannounced projects (at least that's what a gamespot article claimed), which excites me very much.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

iam excited and hyped for uncharted 4 i love the atmosphere on the trailer

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i hope Drake doesnt die :'(

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im such a big Uncharted fan but I think this should be the last one. Go out with a bang! Then make new ips.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

@Flubbbs: now wouldn't that be a nice way to end the series lol.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm glad it's the last one, I'd of been happy with a new IP straight off the bat, I mean honestly 3 games are enough in any series I believe, and Naughty dog as inttelligent as they are need to move on and keep pushing forward with something new, there brilliant at coming up with great idea's and you never know they may even change the genre in there next game who knows, we've had different genre's every gen from them so, cannot wait to find out, i've heard that it could be a Sci-Fi game next

Sun-Tzu-GE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Sun-Tzu-GE
Member since 2013 • 99 Posts

Since I've never played an Uncharted game before,I'm definitely excited for this one.Too bad we didn't get to see more.

HaibaneRenmei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HaibaneRenmei
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts

I suppose I need to play Uncharted 1 to 3 if i want to enjoy 4 right?

Any word of a Remastered Collection in the works for PS4? (I skipped owning a PS3)

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@HaibaneRenmei said:

I suppose I need to play Uncharted 1 to 3 if i want to enjoy 4 right?

Any word of a Remastered Collection in the works for PS4? (I skipped owning a PS3)

Yes. If you don't play the previous versions, you're likely miss some of the inside jokes, conversations and such. I started with Uncharted 2 and missed some things from the first one.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ewalthour

@bezza2011: I am good with this being the last game but there is no way if am naughty dog to not finish this series on a next gen console and cash in and possibly sell 10-20 million copies.

This game is the best game I have seen on any system. I swore it was CG 2015 will have some super duper games.

I will soon give my impressions of e3 from games now on my radar to games missing I hope to see.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The trailer of E3 said it all. Sully "OK one last time kid"

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Drake also said he doesn't have a choice, so blackmail or his wife Elena has been kidnapped (He had his wedding ring on)

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@SgtSutton said:

I'm excited to play one last Uncharted, and I do hope this is the last just because I would rather they move on to different projects. Uncharted has been one of my favorite series, but I would prefer not to have it beat into the ground like some other series. Make one last epic game, then move onto either more from Last of Us, or a new IP.

Seconded

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

it might be the last Uncharted that Naughty Dog develops.. I think it would be kinda dumb to just end the series for good since Uncharted is like the 3rd highest selling Sony owned franchise. I could see Sony letting another developer take over the series in the future.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Why can't Nathan just grow old and settle in a Puzzle or Party game...... He obviously doesn't like his current job.