Uncharted 4: A thief's end

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for H_M_1
#1 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -

Well as the title suggests and as Nate himself says to sully to do something 'One last time' in the trailer, this looks to be it for the Uncharted series, what do you guys think. I and am sure others will also agree that this is a good time for ND to end the series and focus on say a Last of Us 2 or bring a new IP.

Avatar image for SgtSutton
#2 Edited by SgtSutton (432 posts) -

I'm excited to play one last Uncharted, and I do hope this is the last just because I would rather they move on to different projects. Uncharted has been one of my favorite series, but I would prefer not to have it beat into the ground like some other series. Make one last epic game, then move onto either more from Last of Us, or a new IP.

Avatar image for dalger21
#3 Posted by dalger21 (1938 posts) -

I think this should be the last one as well. I'm not sure they will top Uncharted 2 but I at least hope this one is on that level.

Avatar image for ewalthour
#4 Posted by ewalthour (841 posts) -

it sells 20 million copies it want be the last uncharted.

Avatar image for SoNin360
#5 Posted by SoNin360 (6688 posts) -

Yeah, they put a lot of emphasis on "last" with hinting that it could be the last game by calling it Thief's "End". I don't know how I feel about this because I love Uncharted. But there's not a whole lot more they can do with the franchise. I'm definitely excited for another game, but I still worry it will feel like more of the same. This one could be more serious and/or dark than previous ones, and I kind of hope it is. I would like to see it focus more personally on the characters, but I think they've already done a pretty good job with that so far. Anyway, since Naughty Dog is working on something else, I hope it's something they can make a new franchise out of. I don't really want to see Uncharted get overdone, and I don't really want to see a Last of Us sequel.

Avatar image for SgtSutton
#6 Posted by SgtSutton (432 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah, they put a lot of emphasis on "last" with hinting that it could be the last game by calling it Thief's "End". I don't know how I feel about this because I love Uncharted. But there's not a whole lot more they can do with the franchise. I'm definitely excited for another game, but I still worry it will feel like more of the same. This one could be more serious and/or dark than previous ones, and I kind of hope it is. I would like to see it focus more personally on the characters, but I think they've already done a pretty good job with that so far. Anyway, since Naughty Dog is working on something else, I hope it's something they can make a new franchise out of. I don't really want to see Uncharted get overdone, and I don't really want to see a Last of Us sequel.

They could make something in the Last of us universe that could be pretty cool. I would like a completely new series though.

Avatar image for ewalthour
#7 Posted by ewalthour (841 posts) -

I don't see this game coming out until 2016 by the way another yr has passed and still a very short but beautiful in game gameplay. The only way the game is coming out 2015 would be in nov which is there normal date and E3 next yr has to be all out gameplay that can be demoed on the show room floor. Good thing the guys from The last of us is helping or taking over to make the story and gameplay great.

Avatar image for Lhomity
#8 Posted by Lhomity (500 posts) -

I did get that "this is the last one" kind of vibe, but who knows. I certainly get the feeling Sully will die in this one. Whether it's Drake's final adventure, is hard to say. I would be open to a Golden Abyss follow-up, either way.

I'd much rather another Uncharted than another Last of Us. I loved Last of Us, but I have no desire for a sequel at all.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#9 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

Yeah, they put a lot of emphasis on "last" with hinting that it could be the last game by calling it Thief's "End". I don't know how I feel about this because I love Uncharted. But there's not a whole lot more they can do with the franchise. I'm definitely excited for another game, but I still worry it will feel like more of the same. This one could be more serious and/or dark than previous ones, and I kind of hope it is. I would like to see it focus more personally on the characters, but I think they've already done a pretty good job with that so far. Anyway, since Naughty Dog is working on something else, I hope it's something they can make a new franchise out of. I don't really want to see Uncharted get overdone, and I don't really want to see a Last of Us sequel.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog are working on 2 new unannounced projects (at least that's what a gamespot article claimed), which excites me very much.

Avatar image for CTR360
#10 Edited by CTR360 (8369 posts) -

iam excited and hyped for uncharted 4 i love the atmosphere on the trailer

Avatar image for Flubbbs
#11 Posted by Flubbbs (4826 posts) -

i hope Drake doesnt die :'(

Avatar image for marcheegsr
#12 Posted by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Im such a big Uncharted fan but I think this should be the last one. Go out with a bang! Then make new ips.

Avatar image for H_M_1
#13 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -

@Flubbbs: now wouldn't that be a nice way to end the series lol.

Avatar image for bezza2011
#14 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

I'm glad it's the last one, I'd of been happy with a new IP straight off the bat, I mean honestly 3 games are enough in any series I believe, and Naughty dog as inttelligent as they are need to move on and keep pushing forward with something new, there brilliant at coming up with great idea's and you never know they may even change the genre in there next game who knows, we've had different genre's every gen from them so, cannot wait to find out, i've heard that it could be a Sci-Fi game next

Avatar image for Sun-Tzu-GE
#15 Edited by Sun-Tzu-GE (99 posts) -

Since I've never played an Uncharted game before,I'm definitely excited for this one.Too bad we didn't get to see more.

Avatar image for HaibaneRenmei
#16 Posted by HaibaneRenmei (270 posts) -

I suppose I need to play Uncharted 1 to 3 if i want to enjoy 4 right?

Any word of a Remastered Collection in the works for PS4? (I skipped owning a PS3)

Avatar image for dalger21
#17 Posted by dalger21 (1938 posts) -

@HaibaneRenmei said:

I suppose I need to play Uncharted 1 to 3 if i want to enjoy 4 right?

Any word of a Remastered Collection in the works for PS4? (I skipped owning a PS3)

Yes. If you don't play the previous versions, you're likely miss some of the inside jokes, conversations and such. I started with Uncharted 2 and missed some things from the first one.

Avatar image for ewalthour
#18 Posted by ewalthour (841 posts) -

@bezza2011: I am good with this being the last game but there is no way if am naughty dog to not finish this series on a next gen console and cash in and possibly sell 10-20 million copies.

This game is the best game I have seen on any system. I swore it was CG 2015 will have some super duper games.

I will soon give my impressions of e3 from games now on my radar to games missing I hope to see.

Avatar image for clr84651
#19 Posted by clr84651 (5630 posts) -

The trailer of E3 said it all. Sully "OK one last time kid"

Avatar image for mep69
#20 Posted by mep69 (1926 posts) -

Drake also said he doesn't have a choice, so blackmail or his wife Elena has been kidnapped (He had his wedding ring on)

Avatar image for gamerguru100
#21 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

@SgtSutton said:

I'm excited to play one last Uncharted, and I do hope this is the last just because I would rather they move on to different projects. Uncharted has been one of my favorite series, but I would prefer not to have it beat into the ground like some other series. Make one last epic game, then move onto either more from Last of Us, or a new IP.

Seconded

Avatar image for Flubbbs
#22 Posted by Flubbbs (4826 posts) -

it might be the last Uncharted that Naughty Dog develops.. I think it would be kinda dumb to just end the series for good since Uncharted is like the 3rd highest selling Sony owned franchise. I could see Sony letting another developer take over the series in the future.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Why can't Nathan just grow old and settle in a Puzzle or Party game...... He obviously doesn't like his current job.