Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Multiplayer Video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ToddyTheGunners
ToddyTheGunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ToddyTheGunners
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts

Video of Uncharted 2s multiplayer been posted on the PS Blog

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/27/uncharted-2-to-include-multiplayer-beta-starts-june-3rd/

Personally i dont like it how the opposistion names seem to be always on view... but other than that it looks great!

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
better than expected i like the verticality of it
adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 adam_53
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

i agree with verticality

but it justs looks like MGO except u can climb things

and its thats tru, ill stick to MGO. rather be in the MGS universe

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Looks decent, I think it should be okay.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Ill probably use co-op more than deathmatch..

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

looks good but i am mainly interested in the story. But i will give the MP a try when i finish.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
It looks unbelievably good. We finally get a killswitch shooter on the PS3 with stunning graphics. I honestly cant see how this game can fail.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I have to say that, even as someone who doesn't care at all for online multiplayer, even I thought that looked fantastic. I love that the platforming element of Uncharted wasn't forgotten about when creating multiplayer modes.

Being able to climb, jump, take cover, hang, sneak, and do all of that stuff while using Uncharted's already excellent shooting mechanics should make for some damn fun multiplayer.

I never thought I'd say that, but I'm very interested to try it out!:D

EDIT: I share the concerns of many about the single player experience possibly taking a backseat to the multiplayer, but I don't think that's going to be the case. Naughty Dog knows that Uncharted is about the single player experience more than anything, and I'm very confident that they will not disappoint in that regard.

Ghoul_et_OMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghoul_et_OMC
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

If that grenade launcher isn't completely cheap like the auto one in Far Cry2, than it looks like fun :D

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

I hope that you don'tdie every time you try and climb something, climbing was quite slow in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Looks good so far, can't to see what more develops.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Looks completely unnecessary. I only care about the single player.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I expected this to be good, but actually... I wasn't amazed like some of you others. I thought it looked pretty... average? I mean, all names being shown at all times and what looked like an auto grenade launcher? For one, the names make for a very unattractive game, which puts me off completely as it's just loads of names going round the screen, and the grenade launcher looked way, way overpowered. I hope that names are always off. I wouldn't mind having an option, but that means while they're turned off, it's gonna give me a massive disadvantage as everyone can see where I am and not vice versa. I like how they incorporated the climbing to make it, what looks like, a big part of gameplay. I'm also liking the no auto-aim feature (means it requires skill, other than aiming near them and spraying) and the fact that guns from the single-player are basically the same - reasonably high recoil (like it should be), powerful, but not enough to make it frustrating and what looks like customisable options. Everyone looked the same and it went DUN DUN DUN SOLDIER, which I'm hoping means you can unlock skins from the campaign. But we need more information, vids and whatever before anyone can comment. Actually, we need the game. Killzone 2 looked awesome till everyone played it and realised they can only turn as fast as a robot.
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
Kinda like a treasure hunt i guess, huh?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61
deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15 deactivated-5ec9f7f105a61
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

Looks interesting as it has a unique take on multiplayer with its platforming. Now how much platforming occurs once its comes it will determine how unique this game will be. If everyone just runs around shooting each other it might not be a lot of fun. Co-op also sounds interesting lets see how they implement that. I'd say it looks good but lets wait before we say its the most amazing thing ever seen.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
It looks outstanding. And I really mean that.
Avatar image for ToddyTheGunners
ToddyTheGunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ToddyTheGunners
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
I really do just hope that they remove all he names being shown at one time... without that i think it will look amzing just slightly childish with it imo
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Looks good I will definitely be putting it through its paces, when I pick up inFAMOUSso I can't wait. I'm glad ND has their priorities straight and single player comes first before anything else. As long as the single player comes out well I can careless if multiplayer is good or not, but I think ND can deliver on both fronts.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HarshGamer
[QUOTE="adam_53"]

i agree with verticality

but it justs looks like MGO except u can climb things

and its thats tru, ill stick to MGO. rather be in the MGS universe

It sure looks more fastpaced than MGO.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Where is all the Single Player videos and information? Screw this MP **** this isn't what Uncharted is ..

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tikicobra

Where is all the Single Player videos and information? Screw this MP **** this isn't what Uncharted is ..

CanadianCR
It's coming, just be patient. I'm not sure if you watched the GameSpot interview or read the PlayStation Blog post, but I think you'll be happy to know that Naughty Dog can't seem to stress enough that they're putting just as much effort into the single player as they are the multiplayer.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Tikicobra

It's coming, just be patient. I'm not sure if you watched the GameSpot interview or read the PlayStation Blog post, but I think you'll be happy to know that Naughty Dog can't seem to stress enough that they're putting just as much effort into the single player as they are the multiplayer.

I know that's what they say .. why wouldn't they right?

I'm skeptical, and will be until it comes out .. MP should not have been added ..

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

The MP looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#24 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
I won't let this gather dust like the original Uncharted. I should really take that back out one day.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

I'm skeptical, and will be until it comes out .. MP should not have been added ..

Naughty Dog isn't like those big wigs that promise things and then don't deliver. If they say the campaign is going to be just as good as the first then I believe them.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
This looks good, I think Uncharted 2 has potential to become game of the year.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

\\how can you think it shouldn't have been added. Even if the mode is not that good.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
The multiplayer vid looks pretty good, it might be better than Socom, and I like Socom.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
As an extreme skeptic, I think it looks pretty good. My worry is no sticky aim, I didn't notice any. I guess I'll be ok with it BUT if single player takes a back seat or doesn't feel as good as U1... ooh... I'm gonna be VERY unhappy. It's weird that multiplayer footage is shown before single player, which is what Uncharted is. Kind of sad... but I guess I have to change with the times... :(
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

dont know what too say but hey MGO suprised me maybe UC2 will too

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
so what are we looking at 8 16 or 32 player online? also i hope rhis game has in game music
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HarshGamer
As an extreme skeptic, I think it looks pretty good. My worry is no sticky aim, I didn't notice any. I guess I'll be ok with it BUT if single player takes a back seat or doesn't feel as good as U1... ooh... I'm gonna be VERY unhappy. It's weird that multiplayer footage is shown before single player, which is what Uncharted is. Kind of sad... but I guess I have to change with the times... :(Chaos_Bladez
Maybe they showing multi first because preview of single would bloow your mind.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]As an extreme skeptic, I think it looks pretty good. My worry is no sticky aim, I didn't notice any. I guess I'll be ok with it BUT if single player takes a back seat or doesn't feel as good as U1... ooh... I'm gonna be VERY unhappy. It's weird that multiplayer footage is shown before single player, which is what Uncharted is. Kind of sad... but I guess I have to change with the times... :(HarshGamer
Maybe they showing multi first because preview of single would bloow your mind.

God I hope so. Single player better be as good as if not better than U1. If I sense any slack, I'll be mad.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

looks cool and fun. What would people complain about?? Name tags lol. Im sure there will be an option to turn it off.