UFC Unleashed Demo Thoughts...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
I'm downloading it now. Has anyone tried it out yet? What do you think?
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Thank you downloading now. I will come back when I am done. I hope the fighting system is good because that is what will make or break this game.
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
hold high guard and throw high kicks.. 1st round knock out every time
valgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 valgear
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

hold high guard and throw high kicks.. 1st round knock out every timeSuperMario254

Yeah, I TKO'd Shogun in 26 seconds doing that method lol.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Mine is still downloading...

Sitic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#6 Sitic
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts
Love it.
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperMario254

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"]hold high guard and throw high kicks.. 1st round knock out every timevalgear

Yeah, I TKO'd Shogun in 26 seconds doing that method lol.

yea... im not saying the game is bad.. its got a decent fighting system, but the ai is REALLY lacking thats all... and i cant help but lol everytime it try's to do the fight night style of the close up on the face when you knock them out with a head shot.. the game looks good.. but not "Fight Night" good :P
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

pretty damn orgasmic

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 im_mr_brown
i just played 3 fights as liddel and got 3 first round knockouts. the graphics look great. the game seems a bit easy but that could be because it's a demo. i didn't get into any grappling at all. i don't know how and the match was basically a kick boxing match, which isn't necessarily bad. i like the rag doll effect when you knock the guy out. i liked sending the mouthpiece flying. the buttons seem like they want you to have stand up fights. the face buttons are left and right punch and left and right kick. r1 is to block high and r2 to block low. l1 plus a face button is punch or kick high and l2 for low. the announcing sounded really good as well. all in all i really like the demo. next time i fire it up, i'm going to try to do some grappling.
mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

its good fun, just way to easy it would be nice to try a harder difficulty.

I had to actually try to not get a K.O in the first round.

Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

It's a good game I wish it was a bit harder. Played it probably 20 or so time now and only lost 1.

Easy KO tip. When a guy is down let him get up as he is standing up throw a high kick (L1+O). Hits him right on the button KO every time.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Ok I went through the tutorial and it is insane the amount of stuff there is to learn. It sucks just having Liddel and Rua because it is mostly standup.
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 im_mr_brown
Ok I went through the tutorial and it is insane the amount of stuff there is to learn. It sucks just having Liddel and Rua because it is mostly standup. wooooode
there's a tutorial? lol. i should have payed attention.
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SuperMario254
Ok I went through the tutorial and it is insane the amount of stuff there is to learn. It sucks just having Liddel and Rua because it is mostly standup. wooooode
im guessing they made it mostly stand up because the ai isnt really that great to begin with, so 1st round KO's are REALLY easy to get, and having a ground game where you could do even MORE damage would just make it STUPIDLY easy.... just my thoughts
wooshy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wooshy88
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

If you got to options you can change the difficulty to a harder mode which made it extremely difficult for me anyway, dont let the cpu take you down it will be the end

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
yea its really really good
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SuperMario254

If you got to options you can change the difficulty to a harder mode which made it extremely difficult for me anyway, dont let the cpu take you down it will be the end

wooshy88
o? didn know that, i'l have to go back and give it a shot later.. thanks for the tip.
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

Are people raising the difficulty in the options menu? Maybe I should play it on expert. The demos default is beginner.

DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DARKCHOAS
Member since 2003 • 2100 Posts

I put it on advance after going through the tutorial, I haven't won since. At least on this level you learn to get your ground reversal skills up.

DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DARKCHOAS

I finally survived the first round on advance level with Liddell. Only to submit early in the second by an arm bar.

Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

Ok so I just turned it up to the 2nd highest difficulty...had to stop cause my arm hurts and I am sweating. Phenomenal game. Just awesome. Went 4-6 with Liddell since turning up the difficulty. The ground game comes through on the higher difficulties, if you get caught under a full guard its pretty much done. I lost all 6 fights that way and only got back up from that twice. Still did not have a single game go past round 1 but who cares. Day 1 buy for sure.

DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DARKCHOAS

OK, I finally won a fight on advanced level. I won in the second round and must say I'm loving this game. I though it was a bit easy til I jacked it up to a harder level. Learn the reversal, that's the best advice I can give (not like I'm an expert.) It seems to be the key to this game.

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silverdragon17

OK, I finally won a fight on advanced level. I won in the second round and must say I'm loving this game. I though it was a bit easy til I jacked it up to a harder level. Learn the reversal, that's the best advice I can give (not like I'm an expert.) It seems to be the key to this game.

DARKCHOAS
Well you have expert now to tackle.
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DARKCHOAS

[QUOTE="DARKCHOAS"]

Silverdragon17

Well you have expert now to tackle.

I'm scared, I don't think I'm ready. LOL

NewYorkKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NewYorkKing88
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
maybe its me but submissions are mad hard. in the tutorial they say press 1 of the buttons or spin r3 and it worked, when i pick rua i had lidell rocked and tried mad times and he defended everyone of the submissions besides that i love the game cant wait, i hope they got an online standing board
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
They said in the interview that the demo is set on easy but you can also up the difficult and the highest difficulty(not available in demo) makes the game much tougher.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Can't believe I forgot about this demo .. now I gotta go to work so have to wait until I'm home .. :(

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Very good first impression.

At first both me and my friend, who trains in MMA, couldn't get past the basic punches, kicks, clinches etc..

However after we very seriously went over deep and well explained tutorial ,(two times) we couldn't stop playing the demo.

From full ground game to fantastic and unexpected one punch KO's to counter submission moves tap outs and skilled ground defences.

I'm very impressed and now having a hard dilemma what to go with - Fight Night Round 4 or UFC.

I'm a veteran Fight Night player but I do love the very, very deep controls and options of UFC.

Great demo impression, FN4 needs to impress me from my current FN3.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
did the name of the game change? I thought it was called UFC 2009 Undisputed?
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

You're indeed correct, Topic Creator got the name mixed up. ;)

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

You're indeed correct, Topic Creator got the name mixed up. ;)

Sokol4ever
thought so, thanks ;)
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
The game is great IMO. The striking is much better than I expected. The submissions are tough to get, but rewarding when you finally get them. The commentary is well-done. The crowd sounds good as well. Great stuff though.
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DARKCHOAS

At first both me and my friend, who trains in MMA, couldn't get past the basic punches, kicks, clinches etc..

However after we very seriously went over deep and well explained tutorial ,(two times) we couldn't stop playing the demo.

From full ground game to fantastic and unexpected one punch KO's to counter submission moves tap outs and skilled ground defences.

I'm very impressed and now having a hard dilemma what to go with - Fight Night Round 4 or UFC.

I'm a veteran Fight Night player but I do love the very, very deep controls and options of UFC.

Sokol4ever

I say why not get both? I love Fight Night and I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't imagine having to choose between these two titles. UFC comes out on the 19th and I think Fight Night 4 comes out late June.

I've been watching and waiting for this game since I saw it last year from E3 videos. The last time I enjoyed a UFC game was back on the Dreamcast. I picked one up on the PS2 but didn't enjoy it.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="DARKCHOAS"]

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

I say why not get both? I love Fight Night and I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't imagine having to choose between these two titles. UFC comes out on the 19th and I think Fight Night 4 comes out late June.

I've been watching and waiting for this game since I saw it last year from E3 videos. The last time I enjoyed a UFC game was back on the Dreamcast. I picked one up on the PS2 but didn't enjoy it.

The UFC game for Dreamcast was quite good.
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DARKCHOAS

[QUOTE="DARKCHOAS"]

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

jfcundiff

The UFC game for Dreamcast was quite good.

That was the last good one.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 im_mr_brown
i didn't know about the difficulty or the tutorial. sorry for the title. i'll try out the higher difficulty and tutorial after i watch this horrendous bulls game. i know i'm going to have some aggression to let out. damn bulls...
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TrevCubsOr21
you know the full game will have hard difficulties
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TrevCubsOr21
i didn't know about the difficulty or the tutorial. sorry for the title. i'll try out the higher difficulty and tutorial after i watch this horrendous bulls game. i know i'm going to have some aggression to let out. damn bulls...im_mr_brown
haha yea man bulls let us down... again... & the hawks lost 2 in a row... and my cubbies, where do i start lol
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

[QUOTE="im_mr_brown"]i didn't know about the difficulty or the tutorial. sorry for the title. i'll try out the higher difficulty and tutorial after i watch this horrendous bulls game. i know i'm going to have some aggression to let out. damn bulls...TrevCubsOr21
haha yea man bulls let us down... again... & the hawks lost 2 in a row... and my cubbies, where do i start lol

I am still confident the bulls can win the series. 2-1 wouldn't be the biggest comeback ever.

crazycam541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 crazycam541
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Put it on expert lol
Ovechkin88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ovechkin88
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

something just seems off to me

not liking the demo, it's alright but I was hoping for more

I'll have to rent this before I drop $60 on it

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 im_mr_brown

[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"][QUOTE="im_mr_brown"]i didn't know about the difficulty or the tutorial. sorry for the title. i'll try out the higher difficulty and tutorial after i watch this horrendous bulls game. i know i'm going to have some aggression to let out. damn bulls...iloverikku11

I am still confident the bulls can win the series. 2-1 wouldn't be the biggest comeback ever.

hopefully they won't lose confidence. boston devastated us on defense. i wasn't really that mad when we loss game 2 because ben gordon had a hell of a game but this game just blew hard. i believe the cubbies can win it all. i said that last year and the year before that too so there goes my credibility lol. hopefully the bulls and the hawks can turn it around.
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Silverdragon17

something just seems off to me

not liking the demo, it's alright but I was hoping for more

I'll have to rent this before I drop $60 on it

Ovechkin88
perhaps it's the difficulty. The default is beginner. Raise it.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

This game is awesome, I will definitely pick it up

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
I love it. Im just wondering how good career mode will be, and also the character creation.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
I find it extremely fun trying out different ways to knock the other guy out. Lol, I got knocked down from a hard punch, then got up and kicked Shogun in the head and knocked him out. Awesomeness.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

got owned first round on expert.. dont know how to pull off the take owns tho.. even tho im not that much in to ufc. this game is dam fun

tlsmikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 tlsmikey
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Reallly liking this game. It's pretty complex with a lot of subtle moves that you can pull off in the ground game portion. I'm ordering this one....it's going to be a must have if you are a fan of the UFC. Graphics are good, if there is a negative its the fluidity or the characters...they are a little sluggish.