Two Rumored Release Dates for PS4: November 26 or October 29

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CosticRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CosticRider
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts
Apparently the PS4 will be released on either November 26 or October 29. I'm thinking the October release rumor is pretty much full of it, but man it would be nice! November 26 sounds much more likely. PS: the article says both dates are just rumors.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts
Yeah October would be a weird month to launch even if they wanted to beat the One to the streets. I'm guessing the November date is closer to the actual day.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

They'll definitely release it before Black Friday, so the Nov. 26th date seems more likely. I'm still not putting any stock into rumors until Sony tells me when it's going to launch.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I wish Sony would let us know. I want to get my finances in order for it.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I think the October thing sounds more silly because they just finalized the look of the console, and I gotta imagine it takes a while to get the thing into production and get enough copies made for launch.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheesie253

Schreek
Just start putting your money away now. I am putting all my extra cash away for the fact I'm buying a ps4 an xbox one and wii u games. Let alone the 5 or more games I want when the big two launch. I've already actually paid off the Xbox one and I am buying a ps4 my friend will use in his games store to bring people in. He said he will have it up no more than two weeks to a month. Just have to start paying off the games I want preordered.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

cheesie253

Just start putting your money away now. I am putting all my extra cash away for the fact I'm buying a ps4 an xbox one and wii u games. Let alone the 5 or more games I want when the big two launch. I've already actually paid off the Xbox one and I am buying a ps4 my friend will use in his games store to bring people in. He said he will have it up no more than two weeks to a month. Just have to start paying off the games I want preordered.

Ya, I am putting money away already, I just wanna know the proper amount to budget which I can only guess at currently. I am taking about 50 every paycheck right now but that includes PS3 games in it as well.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheesie253

[QUOTE="cheesie253"][QUOTE="Schreek"]

Schreek

Ya, I am putting money away already, I just wanna know the proper amount to budget which I can only guess at currently. I am taking about 50 every paycheck right now but that includes PS3 games in it as well.

Well we know the system cost. That's an easy one. Take which games you want and estimate it at $60 a game. Put so e extra aside for an extra controller if needed which are also $60. Then put a little away on top of that just in case game prices go up. Also put some extra aside for any games that may pop up unexpected at launch.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="cheesie253"] Just start putting your money away now. I am putting all my extra cash away for the fact I'm buying a ps4 an xbox one and wii u games. Let alone the 5 or more games I want when the big two launch. I've already actually paid off the Xbox one and I am buying a ps4 my friend will use in his games store to bring people in. He said he will have it up no more than two weeks to a month. Just have to start paying off the games I want preordered. cheesie253

Well we know the system cost. That's an easy one. Take which games you want and estimate it at $60 a game. Put so e extra aside for an extra controller if needed which are also $60. Then put a little away on top of that just in case game prices go up. Also put some extra aside for any games that may pop up unexpected at launch.

Beyond: Two Souls is the only game that I am going to get that is upcoming, everything else is something I need to get from a while ago as I got my PS3 late into its life so I will likely get those on cheap or even after I already have my PS4. And I may hold off on getting any games for the PS4 off the bat as I am a PS+ subscriber so I will have instant access to Drive Club, Warframe, Planetside, and DCUO. This will be good enough for a start for me.  If game prices go up I am cancelling my pre-order and switching completely over to PC haha.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

November 26th sounds about right, but if it takes them longer to make it I don't mind waiting.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheesie253

November 26th sounds about right, but if it takes them longer to make it I don't mind waiting.

ultimameteora
I'm guessing both companies are waiting for the other to announce a date so they can release theirs earlier.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
both of those dates are complete BS. there is no way they are going to release that close to black friday. they are going to want atleast a few weeks to gain traction so that kids can beg their parents for it and the parents will go out and buy it on or shortly after black friday. it will be before, and not by a few days. im guessing EARLY november, like the first or second week.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cheesie253

[QUOTE="cheesie253"][QUOTE="Schreek"]Ya, I am putting money away already, I just wanna know the proper amount to budget which I can only guess at currently. I am taking about 50 every paycheck right now but that includes PS3 games in it as well.

Schreek

Beyond: Two Souls is the only game that I am going to get that is upcoming, everything else is something I need to get from a while ago as I got my PS3 late into its life so I will likely get those on cheap or even after I already have my PS4. And I may hold off on getting any games for the PS4 off the bat as I am a PS+ subscriber so I will have instant access to Drive Club, Warframe, Planetside, and DCUO. This will be good enough for a start for me.  If game prices go up I am cancelling my pre-order and switching completely over to PC haha.

Not trying to be rude here but if you know the price of the console and the extra controller (if you need it) and don't think you will get any games off the bat then I don't think knowing the release date is important or needed to plan your finances. Just put away what you need or pay it all off as soon as you can. Then when it releases you are set. Honestly if you aren't going to buy any games right away why not just wait a little bit before buying it? No need to rush out and get it or to use the money on it when it can be used for something else now.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'd like to see it in October but it will probably be mid to late November. I'm trying to decide which bundle I want to preorder on Amazon right now - looking at the Battlefield 4 with PS+ and Killzone: Shadow Fall with PS+.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
Yeah definitely November. Just hope we get it the same time as everyone else here in Aus. I have a bad feeling we won't get it till next year :(
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i cant wait for ps4 coming this november for sure
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="Geminon"]both of those dates are complete BS. there is no way they are going to release that close to black friday. they are going to want atleast a few weeks to gain traction so that kids can beg their parents for it and the parents will go out and buy it on or shortly after black friday. it will be before, and not by a few days. im guessing EARLY november, like the first or second week.

Exactly. It will probably be between the 8th-22nd.
NexApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 NexApex
Member since 2012 • 225 Posts

Releasing on my birthday would be a dream come true (October 29) :D

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

November seems to be the likely release date. I would like the Playstation 4 release day to be November 11 2013. To make it 7 years exactly since PS3 launched. October would kinda be nice for the Release of PS4 since I have already pre-order and paid for mine. But Sony launching in October seems unlikely.

So Sony will eventually tell us when the launch date is.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

I'd like to see it in October but it will probably be mid to late November. I'm trying to decide which bundle I want to preorder on Amazon right now - looking at the Battlefield 4 with PS+ and Killzone: Shadow Fall with PS+.

Vari3ty
I'd go with Killzone.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Eh, I'm waiting till the rush is over, unless there are units on shelves. I have a feeling my wife will surprise me a launch PS4 (she did the same with launch Wii).

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I still feel it will be pushed back till 1st quarter 2014. But well see I guess.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

The window is after halloween but before Black Friday.  If Sony can ensure consoles are on the shelves prior to Thanksgiving and available for the biggest shopping day in America, they'll be sitting pretty.