two important things about ps4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

1. This has probably been discussed before, but was anyone else dissapointed that Evolution is working on Drive Club instead of a new Motorstorm for ps4? I guess I cant blame them as the last one wasnt a commercial success at all, even though it was awesome, especially when they updated it so you could use a your logitech wheel.

2. Sony did a smart thing buy putting this guy in charge of ps4.

Mark_Cerny_2010.jpg

Mark Cerny

Anyone actually look at his job history? I just looked him up, and I didnt know he was THAT hardcore. I mean, he worked on KID CHAMELEON!!!!

Kid_Chameleon_Coverart.png

That alone deserves 100% respect from me. Even if he completely screws up with ps4 with some kind of overheating issue like what happened with the early day Xbox 360's, I'm still going to respect this guy....Nah not really.

Anyway, don't let me down Mark, pleeeeeaaaaase!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm glad they're making Drive Club.  I absolutely loved Motorstorm Pacific Rift but Apocalypse was pretty meh.  The urban environments weren't anywhere near as fun as the crazy stuff they had in Pacific Rift.

I read the big PS4 tech explanation article on Gamasutra where Cerny describes the whole thought process behind its design.  Most of it is over my head, but it really sounds like he's made something that's going to not only be powerful now, but for years into the future.  And totally built around making it as easy as possible for the developers to work with.  I'm extremely impressed with the guy.

KiriharaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KiriharaZro
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

I'm glad they're making Drive Club.  I absolutely loved Motorstorm Pacific Rift but Apocalypse was pretty meh.  The urban environments weren't anywhere near as fun as the crazy stuff they had in Pacific Rift.

Jackc8
I think more than the enviroment is that stupid character story, I played until the part of the third and got tired of it.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

However Sony decided the way they did the PS4 was very smart. 

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3132 Posts

I would love to see him and Carmack just have a chat. Super smart dudes.