turn voices off permanently - black ops 2 online multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

How do you permanently turn voices of other players off in black ops 2. I have the PS3 version.

So far I know you have to press square, & mute all players. But this has to be done every match.

Is there a way to turn them off indefinetely?

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

what i would try is to go to OPTIONS -> AUDIO SETTINGS -> adjust VOICE/MIC slider to minimum , not sure if it works with blackops2 and the option path was just an example , you need to check ingame where the audio settings are , this is just a hint

Tuco_Salamanca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tuco_Salamanca
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Haven't played it but on the other cod's I used to turn on my headset and mute it or stick it under a pillow. The chatter's annoying.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

You have to press square to mute all players.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vpacalypse
Yh that's would make sense, but it doesn't work. I might be missing the trick, but damn it I've been through all the options I can see.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#6 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Not that I know of, PSN doesn't have that feature.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Kinda unrelated but also related: I love that they finally made it possible to just straight up mute everyone with a couple quick button presses. It used to be quite tedious going through the entire list and individually muting people.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#8 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Kinda unrelated but also related: I love that they finally made it possible to just straight up mute everyone with a couple quick button presses. It used to be quite tedious going through the entire list and individually muting people.Laser_Hunter

Yep that's how it was in World at War, very annoying. Dumb kids should not be playing M Rated games, and those people that eat over their mic are gross.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Kinda unrelated but also related: I love that they finally made it possible to just straight up mute everyone with a couple quick button presses. It used to be quite tedious going through the entire list and individually muting people.ShadowMoses900

Yep that's how it was in World at War, very annoying. Dumb kids should not be playing M Rated games, and those people that eat over their mic are gross.

i hate those who are playing crap music trhough a crap quality channel
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

How do you permanently turn voices of other players off in black ops 2. I have the PS3 version.

So far I know you have to press square, & mute all players. But this has to be done every match.

Is there a way to turn them off indefinetely?

vpacalypse

at least its much better than previous games, where you have to select each individual person, go all the way down to mute, then mute that person, then you have to do that for the rest of the players

supern0va9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 supern0va9
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

Yeah, listening to annoying bros cussing at each other and saying the n word gets old quick...

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vpacalypse
In modern warfare 3 you could go to the options menu & mute everyone once & for all. So you get straight to gameplay. Sometimes you get thrown straight in to the middle of a match & I find it tedious to go through the names list muting everyone whilst I'm being shot at.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="vpacalypse"]In modern warfare 3 you could go to the options menu & mute everyone once & for all. So you get straight to gameplay. Sometimes you get thrown straight in to the middle of a match & I find it tedious to go through the names list muting everyone whilst I'm being shot at.

have u tried to turn off voice chat or minimize the voice chat level , the options on the bottom?
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vpacalypse

yes, its ridiculous a cod game doesn't have this feature.

Did it work for you by any chance?

iwaswinjafirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iwaswinjafirst
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="vpacalypse"]In modern warfare 3 you could go to the options menu & mute everyone once & for all. So you get straight to gameplay. Sometimes you get thrown straight in to the middle of a match & I find it tedious to go through the names list muting everyone whilst I'm being shot at.

have u tried to turn off voice chat or minimize the voice chat level , the options on the bottom?

not sure what platform you are using but i have never found the "esc" key on a ps3 controller, also none of the options on ur screen are on the ps3 cept at the top. and the voice is the cod caster and announcer stuff but leaves the morons screetching. there has GOT to be a way to mute these retards
iwaswinjafirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iwaswinjafirst
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i sure hope there is a way to mute these "people". its going to get to the point that im going to report each and every person that makes the slightest peep on voice for language, cheating and boosting no matter what they are doing or saying. 99% of the time its some idiot "rapping" or blasting the crappiest music on earth and for some reason the vast majority of the games i end up getting tossed in the middle of, so i have to mute each one individually. its about to drive me insane!!