Trophies, do you get them all

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
This is a questions that Im asking, no matter what the game is, do you seek to get all trophies. And at what stage you give up on achieving a certain trophy. Also how can u delete trophies for a game that you dont want or u dont own but somehow u placed the disc in your PS3 and started it.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

This is a questions that Im asking, no matter what the game is, do you seek to get all trophies. And at what stage you give up on achieving a certain trophy. Also how can u delete trophies for a game that you dont want or u dont own but somehow u placed the disc in your PS3 and started it. Shatilov

I used to collect trophies for all single-player games I had, but now that I can barely play games and I got a huge back log I kinda stopped. Multi-player trophies are a no-no for me.

And you can't delete trophies.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

The only time I go for trophies/plats is when I love the game and the difficulty is not absurd. For example, as much as I like Gran Turismo 5 you need to be really skilled at the game and invest a ton of time into it.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I gave up on trophies. Too time consuming and knowing that someday they will probably no longer exist was reason for me to stop. I enjoy games more now that I'm not stressing out over them.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

If i absolutely love a game like the Uncharted series, God of War series, Borderlands for example I will get every trophy and then STILL play them for a lonnnnng time. I don't try to platinum games that I find frustrating, I'll just get whatever trophies during my playthrough and then normally I'm done with the game.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i sometimes try to...but i only go for them AFTER ive beaten the game normally..otherwise its just not fun playing the game the first time.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I do not play for trophies. I only play games once unless they have mulitple paths/endings like Heavy Rain/Mass Effect 2/Infamous. I also only play on normal difficulty and never higher. Trophies might be fun for some people, but I am just getting the ones I get through my normal playthrough. I don't like to "grind" in games.

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
depends, if i have to go out of my preferred playstyle then i wont bother, e.g. multiplayer trophies.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I only go for all of them on games I really like, and even then only sometimes.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
If i love the game I may try to get as many as possible. For other games I just get what I can and if I'm bored I may get some others. I dont go for frustrating or tedious time consuming trophies.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

I usually only Plat a game when I really love it. My first was inFAMOUS followed by Batman Arkham Asylum. I want to platinum Arkham City, but I fear that one may be too difficult. Right now I'm working on Darksiders and plan to move on to Darksiders II after that.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

depends, i usually look at the trophy list to check if this is the type of game i want to platinum on.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
no, I try, but usually end up quitting, The new trophies for U3, most of them are insane to get. Im kinda upset that most of these trophies in U3 or totally too hard to get.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

This is a questions that Im asking, no matter what the game is, do you seek to get all trophies. And at what stage you give up on achieving a certain trophy. Also how can u delete trophies for a game that you dont want or u dont own but somehow u placed the disc in your PS3 and started it. Shatilov

I usually go for the trophies unless they are really hard or time consuming. Haven't been trophy hunting much recently though.

And no, there's no way to delete them.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Only if I really like the game.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#16 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I go after what I find manageable. I generally stick to going after all trophies in easier games, though I don't mind if they're a bit time consuming, so long as they're enjoyable. I hate collectible trophies and ones that are missable, and I've done things I wouldn't normally do just for the sake of trophies. But overall, I think trophies have made my overall gaming experience a little more exciting just because I enjoy going after them when I can, though I'll admit I've done a fair amount of grinding and even played a few games I otherwise wouldn't have played just for the easy platinum.:oops:

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

If I thoroughly enjoy a game... Or they're easy to achieve.

The only occasion where I went out of my way was collecting all the feathers in Assassin's Creed II. Never again.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
as long as they're not ridiculously hard
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
as long as they're not ridiculously hardAJC3317
not trolling or flaming, but do u see ur trophies ?
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#20 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Simple answer - no.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts

Only have 3 plats, some of them are just too hard.

I guess 3 is better than 0 though.

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
i am kinda addicted to trophies right now . but the addiction is not such that it ruins my experience. i usually play games on the hardest difficulty anyway so getting "rewarded" for that is satisfying. but i dont even attempt to go for the insane trophies like that NYMH mode of Max Payne 3. trophies add to my experience
4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Nope. I only chase for trophies when I've no other games to play and just to pass time

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Always try to get all trophies but when it's required to replay the game, I only do it if I like the game very much
Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

I do it for games that I really love, like how I'm going for MGS4 right now. But I'll give up if it's going to take an absurd amount of time.

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
I have nearly 100 games (though, to be fair, I've only played about a third of them), and not a single Platinum. Partly, I have such a massive backlog of games - and I'm always buying more whenever I catch them on sale - that I just can't bring myself to chase after trophies. Partly, almost every game has at least one trophy linked to playing online, something I have no desire or intention of doing. And partly, some trophies are just insanely difficult to get, and very few games are fun enough to compensate for the frustration. I stop playing when it stops being fun. I'm glad the trophies are there, because it is rather fun to see them unlocked during the course of playing a game (when you aren't specifically chasing after them, instead earning them simply by your own method of play), but I don't really make an effort to get them all. Sadly, there's just not enough incentive. I wish getting a Platinum was worth something more than mere bragging rights. It's a shame developers/publishers don't offer $5 or $10 Off vouchers for future releases when you Platinum one of their games, or a coupon that grants you free access to all DLC for that game. Or Sony doesn't reward Platinums with Playstation Dollars, redeemable toward Playstation Store purchases. If they had a program like that, I'd actually make an effort to get Platinums - even if it meant playing online. And I still think it'd be a better way to get consumers to maybe keep their games longer, not immediately trade them in after beating them, and possibly avoid buying used games. Maybe next gen.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
It's all one big cost/benefit analysis. Every game, I look at its trophies and I think how much time or effort it will take to get them all, and how satisfying it'll be if I do. But I need to know that I can get all the trophies if I really want to put effort into it. Can't stand games that have that "one" trophy that's impossible to get. In other words, I won't really try if I know I can't get them all.
PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

I try to get 100% but don't buy games simply for trophies.

I'm just a completionist.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I'll try for all the trophies if I like the game and its actually fun to try and get them, but If the trophy is just stupidly hard then no I wont stress too much about getting it.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If I really like a game and the requirements for the platinum are reasonable (no online trophies, or just an extreme minimum of them) then I'll work on getting the plat. If I don't really care for a game I'd never even think of trying to plat it, and I'd NEVER spend dozens or even a hundred hours doing some utterly repetitive chore online just for a stupid trophy.

butterlou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 butterlou
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts
Agreed
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Usually only trophies that count toward the platinum. Sometimes I'll grab DLC with trophies (e.g. Little Big Planet 1 & 2, Brutal Legend,etc.) but mostly just ignore that.

I try to only platinum only games I like though and have for many. I won't rent games like Saw or CSI: Conspiracyor whatever for easy platinums (granted I did rent Terminator: Salvation for an easy platinum; a choice that I'll forever regret, ugh).

I wish Sony would allow us to delete trophies we don't want on our lists anymore though. I know, I know. They're tied to the server so it's very unlikely but I want to delete a few games I'll probably never play again or at all (e.g. Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International,etc.) :(

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrRockso87

I do it for games that I really love, like how I'm going for MGS4 right now. But I'll give up if it's going to take an absurd amount of time.

TheWestCoastDon

Do you have "Chicken" emblem yet? If not then yes, it'll require an absurd amount of time (at least one playthrough with 35+ hours).

Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWestCoastDon"]

DrRockso87

Do you have "Chicken" emblem yet? If not then yes, it'll require an absurd amount of time (at least one playthrough with 35+ hours).

I'm doing that one right now, it's not too bad I just leave my PS3 on overnight and let the time add up. To me absurd would be Star Ocean The Last Hope, there are so many things to get that it could take months.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Usually.

I mean I hardly ever have a backlog so I mainly play what I have since **** it might as well til I gt something new.:P

I only stop if its total BS. Like Star Ocean The Last Hope. Trophy guide said "400-500 hours" if your lucky. I'm like "Ahahahaha...no.:|" and I put it away.:lol:

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I will collect the trophies if they are fun and it's a game I enjoy spending time with, otherwise I really don't care for them nor do I have extra time for grinding difficult ones.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="AJC3317"]as long as they're not ridiculously hardShatilov
not trolling or flaming, but do u see ur trophies ?

i have a lot of games. and most trophies just really aren't that hard
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Got my ps3 couple months back and got my first plat in RE5 ..after that day I try to get a plat in all the games that I own,so far FF13 and 13-2 isn't going too bad but it could be stressful with some of the things you gotta do
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#40 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
No. If it's a game I really like I might try to get them provided they're reasonable and wouldn't require a ton of grinding to obtain. If not I won't really pay them much attention.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I only have two platinums, so no I don't genrally try to get every trophy.
woodyfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#42 woodyfr
Member since 2010 • 288 Posts
I try to get them for games I like. But if it's too long to get them or are boring I skip them.
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

I see some people who collect like 100% of trophies for certain games. All I can ask is - where do you find the time??? Obviously they're teenagers or older people with 9-5 jobs and have no other real priorities in their personal lives.

I see trophies as a cute extra, and I try to do a little better at games in order to gain more, but they're like the icing on the cake. Not necessary, but fun to get and a good motivation to try a bit harder. But if I beat a game entirely and only get like 40% of trophies, it doesn't bother me, I'm not going to replay a game over and over again just to gain trophies, especially when there are SO many other games I want to play.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I go for 'em. I don't care how hard the game is or how long it'll take, I'll get that platinum.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrRockso87

I see some people who collect like 100% of trophies for certain games. All I can ask is - where do you find the time??? Obviously they're teenagers or older people with 9-5 jobs and have no other real priorities in their personal lives.metalgrinch

I work two jobs and make time to spend with my friends and family yet still 100% games I like. I think the reason why is because most of the games I play are 10 - 20 hours (40 hours at most) to platinum. I don't play many RPGs lately (not on PS3) so I'll never have to worry about "400 hour+" platinums (e.g. White Knight Chronicles platinum - blegh).

Avatar image for doolindesperado
doolindesperado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 doolindesperado
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts

[QUOTE="Shatilov"]This is a questions that Im asking, no matter what the game is, do you seek to get all trophies. And at what stage you give up on achieving a certain trophy. Also how can u delete trophies for a game that you dont want or u dont own but somehow u placed the disc in your PS3 and started it. finalserenade75

I used to collect trophies for all single-player games I had, but now that I can barely play games and I got a huge back log I kinda stopped. Multi-player trophies are a no-no for me.

And you can't delete trophies.

Me too. Usually don't get online trophies. I usually try to get as many as I can, but then after I beat the game, I move on unless I really like it. Then it will get multiple playthrus.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

Nope not really, I play for the game it self not the trophy.