Transfering data with only a 40 GB Playstation 3 ??!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts

Hmmmmmm...Excuse me to bother you all but I seem to need help !!

My problem is....that I just bought a 40GB Playstation 3 and I wanted to buy a bigger HDD....I played some games like GTA 4, Rock Band, Oblivion, Motorstorm, Untold Legends : Dark Kingdom and I have saves from all these games... I don't know if I'll be able to keep my saves...because I don't have a USB key and don't know if it works... I have a MP3 Player Samsung G5 but when I plug it in ... it's said unknown periperal...and I can copy nothing on it

So please..What can I do ?! Will I lose all my saves if I want to buy another HDD ??

Thanks for reading and I would be pleased if someone helps me!!

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
Considering how cheap the USB thumb drives have ben getting lately in price the easiest solution would be to go get one and start copying the saves over.
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
borrow one from a friend or relative for a day and do it that way. Id let my friends use one of mine if they needed it, i dont use it that often.
Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
So I just have to buy an external HDD with USB port and I'll be ok ? I just don't want to lose my game saves...
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

So I just have to buy an external HDD with USB port and I'll be ok ? I just don't want to lose my game saves...Yannick_18

That would work. Game saves generally aren't that large so you should be fine with a memory stick and reader for what you have now. When you get the larger HDD pick up a HDD Enclosure as well (pretty inexpensive, $30-ish) and you'll have a dedicated external HDD for back ups.

rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

[QUOTE="Yannick_18"]So I just have to buy an external HDD with USB port and I'll be ok ? I just don't want to lose my game saves...emitsu97

That would work. Game saves generally aren't that large so you should be fine with a memory stick and reader for what you have now. When you get the larger HDD pick up a HDD Enclosure as well (pretty inexpensive, $30-ish) and you'll have a dedicated external HDD for back ups.

Also, if you go this far, copy your PS3 data to a PC. Then put your new hard disk in the enclosure and copy it back. Files copied over and in the end, you have the HDD enclosure and a 40 GB hard disk to back up your PS3 or your PC...

hermez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hermez
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Hey:Taking the time to read your post, I have the 40GB PS3 and wanted to know, if changing the PS3 HDD will let me play PS2 games? or what would be the main reason for changin the HDD??Thanks¡¡
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

Hey:Taking the time to read your post, I have the 40GB PS3 and wanted to know, if changing the PS3 HDD will let me play PS2 games?hermez

Nope.

or what would be the main reason for changin the HDD??Thanks¡¡hermez

More HDD space for pictures, music, movies, games, etc.

You could pick up a used Slim PS2 for the price of a decent HDD upgrade.

seanpul7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seanpul7
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
no, you need BC to play ps2 games
Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points