Too late to get a PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

Just wondering guys, seeing as the next gen consoles are coming. Though nobody seems to know when. So what do you guys think? Should I go for it? I plan on buying it for red dead redemption, demons souls (currently playing DS on Pc), God of War series and some other titles.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
You might as well, the next Playstation and Xbox probably won't be worth purchasing right away, unless the launch line-up is that awesome. There are tons of games to play on the PS3, especially if you are looking for some great exclusives. If you can think of enough games, I'd say that's good enough to justify a purchase.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I just got one within the month and I think it was an amazing purchase.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Huge catelog with lots of cheap games.. perfect time to buy a PS3!!
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Its never too late to get one.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

Its never too late to get one.

sukraj
Thanks guys, I will buy it today. I forgot to mention that I had already beat Demon's Souls, I borrowed a PS3 from a friend when the game launched. I just want to give it another play it again before DS2 comes out.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Just wondering guys, seeing as the next gen consoles are coming. Though nobody seems to know when. So what do you guys think? Should I go for it? I plan on buying it for red dead redemption, demons souls (currently playing DS on Pc), God of War series and some other titles.

robertoenrique
Go ahead and get it. Even if the new ps and x-box system comes out this year. The first wave games for them will be the usual crap.
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Great games are great games even if they are a couple years old. Graphics still look amazing with the old games.

And it is always better to wait a couple years after launch of the next gen system... to lower the price, get better and large game library and clear out any possible system bugs.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

No it is not too late too get a PS3. you want to play games like Red Dead Redemption. Why wait? Sony will keep the PS3 going after The PS4 Orbis is released. Just like The Playstation 2 which ended worldwide production on Jan 11 2013. The Playstation 3 was released in Japan on November 11 2006. Sony kept the Playstation 2 going for 6years and 2 months after the PS3 was released.

So going by the same time frame The Playstation 3 will be on the market for 6 years and 2 months after the Playstation 4 is released. So you have plenty of time to catch up on all of the PS3 games you wish.

So no it is not too late to get a PS3. Unless you want a regular Slim the 320GB and 160GB or even if you want to find a regular PS3 slim 250Giger. Sony has brought out the Playstation 3 SuperSlim toploader model in 250GB and 500GB models as well as Sony first flash model PS3 12Giger in the PAL regions.

So if you want a regular Playstation 3 Slim model instead of the new SuperSlim top loader then it may be too late to get that PS3 model.

SparkeyMark86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#11 SparkeyMark86
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts

You still have time to get a PS3 with the a good bunch of 1st party games like The Last of Us, Sly 4, God of war Arcension etc. The next Gen Playstation we are not sure if its going to play used games or not.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Nope. You can always sell or trade the PS3 when the PS4 drops...plus PS3 has a HUGE library of great games that you can ge for cheap now.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Go for it, there are a ton of amazing and cheap games now. Next gen hasn't even officially been announced yet.
JogsterXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JogsterXL
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
Too Late!? No way, if anything, it's the perfect time. You can get it for relatively cheap, and there is a massive backlog of games to enjoy off the bat.
SparkeyMark86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#16 SparkeyMark86
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts
Go for it, there are a ton of amazing and cheap games now. Next gen hasn't even officially been announced yet.PetJel
True. Some of the BEST EXCLUSIVES this generation :)