To Get or Not To Get Journey

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e92aabfcede3
deactivated-5e92aabfcede3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e92aabfcede3
Member since 2007 • 808 Posts

I have heard a lot of good things about Journey. I looked it up on PSN, and I saw it's selling for $14.99USD. Just debating if I should get it or not. It looks like a really cool game, but I heard some people say it's really short. If it's short, I kind of thing that it might be overpriced at that point. Maybe I just need a little motivation or something. What do you guys and gals think?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

well from what i read around the net... everyone has been saying its around 2 hours long... personally i would never buy a game that short for the asking price...but thats me.

The game DOES look fantastic though... but

2 hours , $15...no thanks

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

short answer GET IT

long answer GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT

trust me its that good, everyone should experience this game at least once in their life.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
the last game i bought on PSN for $15 and it was only about 2 hours long was Limbo. And i felt like i wasted $15. Journey looks great, yea, but too much for not enough content. $10 tops is what id pay for this.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Just get it. It's better than any full priced game that released this year.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
You're paying $15 for the quality, it is extremely short though, but what it accomplishes in 2 hours most games couldn't do in 20.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

does stuff on PSN typically drop in price? if so I'll grab it around the $5 mark, unless they release a Steam version...

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

2 hours is like a speed-run through the game. It's more like 3. And there's a few secrets to find. And if you're into trophies they're really cleverly planned to add a couple playthroughs at least. $15 might seem steep, but I've played through it 3 times, and I've got a couple more to go before I can find all the collectables. For me, it is worth the $15.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Get it please. For the sake of everyone that loves video games. Suppor this type of video gaming making and it will benefit us all.

GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! grrr

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It really depends. If you're someone that can appreciate an "experience" rather than a traditional game then I would suggest you get it right away. If you're not satisfied unless there is some challenge, competition, explosion or gunfire, then I would suggest that you stay far away from it. Journey is a subdued piece of interactive art more than it is a traditional game.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

It's an experience like none other, some may like it, others will think it's boring. Most people love it and I personally enjoyed it more than any game this year, I even cried a little from it.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Its looks awesome, but the price is too high. I'll wait till there is a discount.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

It's an experience like none other, some may like it, others will think it's boring. Most people love it and I personally enjoyed it more than any game this year, I even cried a little from it.

WiiMan21
I cried at the end a little too. No other game has done that to me. I'm not even sure if there is one that can compare.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

im not going to bother trying to justify it as a matter of price and playtime. i think that whole concept is ridiculous.

ill just say that i highly recommend it if you want pure and elegant game design. its refreshing in that you probably havent played a bunch of games like it and im confident that youll get a lot out of it if you give it a good chance.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

best game for 15 dollars, EVER. GET IT NOW, and dont be a LOSER and play it in spurts. Play the whole thing from start to finish

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Get it u wont regret it.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
It's one of the best games this gen. Currently sitting at 93 on metacritic. There really haven't been any negative reports on the game, except that it's about 2 hours long, but that doesn't do anything to reduce the enjoyment of the game. Every ps3 owner should experience it...especially online.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

I have a question. If I greatly disliked Flower (it seemed so pointless/there was no incentive and that transformer level stressed me out more than any game ever has), is there I chance I could enjoy Journey?

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
Just get it. It's better than any full priced game that released this year.sammyjenkis898
Even mass effect 3? o.0
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

I have a question. If I greatly disliked Flower (it seemed so pointless/there was no incentive and that transformer level stressed me out more than any game ever has), is there I chance I could enjoy Journey?

Pikminmaniac

If Flower stressed you out...you need some meds, not another game.

croydoncrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 croydoncrayon
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I sincerley recommend it. Length shouldn't come into the matter - it's an experience. People pay $15 for a dvds which are only about an hour and half long. It's actually refreshing to play such a beautifullycondensed experience. It's one of the most memorable games i've played in recent years.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#22 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Do yourself a favor and buy it

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

ispeakfact

If Flower stressed you out...you need some meds, not another game.

It's just that one part. It's like when I played Operation. You slowly and carefully try to extract that darn pencil when suddenly you touch the sides and that aweful buzzing noise is made. It startles you. So every time I played that game I was on edge. It's the same as that transformer level in Flower. You had to slowly and carefully navigate arounf the bent electrical beams. If you touch them the screen flashes and your controller rumbles. It startles me and puts me on edge because I can't tell when I'll touch the edges again. I can't stand that feeling. That part seemed like a really bad design choice given that this game was designed to be calming. That one part didn't fit at all.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I haven't played Journey yet either. I'm ashamed to call myself a gamer at this point. But I know I will play it very soon I just want to play it and not be interuppted I guess. It is short but its even been mentioned that you will want to play through more than once.

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

I just bought flower for $5!! Now THAT's a deal.

CHEVINATOR123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CHEVINATOR123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
there's only ever 2 types of posts about journey 1. It's either they didn't buy it because they thought it costed too much or 2. the people who actually did cough up the doe loved it and they say it is an amazing experience and they don't regret the price So what does that say? it says that option 1 is completely WRONG and it is worth the asking price, just trust me man GET THIS GAME, this goes for everyone who says "15$ is too much" TRUST ME! THIS GAME IS AMAZING, IT'S ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IV EVER PLAYED You pay 15$ too see a movie in the theaters or to buy a DVD dont you?? this game is worth the asking price Get this game ppl, you wont regret it
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I just finished it last night. Very awesome experience and is definitely a Journey.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="CHEVINATOR123"]there's only ever 2 types of posts about journey 1. It's either they didn't buy it because they thought it costed too much or 2. the people who actually did cough up the doe loved it and they say it is an amazing experience and they don't regret the price So what does that say? it says that option 1 is completely WRONG and it is worth the asking price, just trust me man GET THIS GAME, this goes for everyone who says "15$ is too much" TRUST ME! THIS GAME IS AMAZING, IT'S ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IV EVER PLAYED You pay 15$ too see a movie in the theaters or to buy a DVD dont you?? this game is worth the asking price Get this game ppl, you wont regret it

Plus it warrants multiple playthroughs, so that $15 for 2 hours of gameplay actually turned into 6 playthroughs for me.
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I got this a few nights ago and have played through it a few times. for me I wouldnt say the game ends in 2 hours, the game is almost never ending. Each journey I have been on has been different, and one was so epic I admit I almost cried a bit near the end. I myself feel that any anger inside me personally has gone, i've kind of gone through a journey myself. I think this might be one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. Also the sound track is simply stunning.

zondahp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zondahp12
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Don't waste your money, I did and regret it. Your instincts are right to tell you that it is too short and there is no replay value. There are full length games out there that cost about the same, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
This game has infinite replay value.
Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
I've played through it like 10 times. I love it.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Is there a demo for the game? Because I only buy games I'm not sure about if I like the demo.
K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
Is there a demo for the game? Because I only buy games I'm not sure about if I like the demo.The-Apostle
I was hoping the same, but I couldn't find one. In the end I went ahead and just bought it, and regardless of only playing it through once so far, then it has been worth my money. It's a great little title. :)